PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 with WoW engineering

Reprimand
2014-07-17, 07:14 PM
So I have a party of gnomes, halflings and goblins. To my surprise upon starting the game they all worked together very well and I want to keep things flowing smoothly but all of the players want to introduce an engineering, alchemy, etc, skills without wasting feat slots and I thought this wouldn't be too bad since they all have done better than any party I've had before.

Does anyone know of alternate crafting rules or WoW-like 3.5 items I can introduce and let them build those sorts of things?

Rocket boots, gravity wells, etc, etc.

I would love to tryout some homebrew stuff to and now seems like the perfect time!

inuyasha
2014-07-18, 01:30 AM
Well there is a WoW d20 book. I like it a lot, and recommend it mostly because of it's fun and silly inventing rules. I've used it in the past and it wasn't too bad. I don't recommend using the races that book provides though, they are a little weird.

gr8artist
2014-07-22, 03:50 PM
If you're still looking for options, consider making all technological items "wondrous" for the purpose of determining cost and materials involved. They can make skill checks (knowledge or appropriate other skill) in place of spell casting, but the item has a failure chance based on their result.