PDA

View Full Version : Why use Heedless Charge?

Shieldbunny
2014-07-17, 08:36 PM
I was looking into building/playing a charger, as I've never actually done so before. Shock Trooper is mentioned a LOT, and I understand the
trip/directional bull rush. However I fail to see why one'd choose AC over damage. I mean isn't it better to kill your target and lower the # of incoming fire? Unless of course one will kill one's target without it. Anyway, of someone could point out what's probably right in front of my face, I would be grateful.

Lord Ruby34
2014-07-17, 08:37 PM
Heedless charge does increase damage and lower AC, are you sure you're reading the feat correctly?

Shieldbunny
2014-07-17, 08:48 PM
Heedless charge does increase damage and lower AC, are you sure you're reading the feat correctly?

Definitely reading it wrong. thanks.

HighWater
2014-07-17, 08:53 PM
The text can indeed be read wrong, but you're trading AC for damage, rather than Attack for Damage, which is why it rocks: it is entirely intended to kill enemies so you don't need your AC after you've used it.

It's why it's called "heedless charge", and not "overly careful, defense-minded charge". :smallwink:

VoxRationis
2014-07-17, 09:55 PM
Combine with Ronin for extra ridiculousness.
Of course, one starts to wonder what happens when your AC starts sinking to 0 (or below, I don't honestly know if it does that) and you literally become easier to hit than the broad side of a barn for 6 seconds. That penalty to some degree makes sense for the person you're charging—they don't even have to aim, just point their weapon forward—but not for third parties.

Sir Chuckles
2014-07-17, 10:02 PM
Combine with Ronin for extra ridiculousness.
Of course, one starts to wonder what happens when your AC starts sinking to 0 (or below, I don't honestly know if it does that) and you literally become easier to hit than the broad side of a barn for 6 seconds. That penalty to some degree makes sense for the person you're charging—they don't even have to aim, just point their weapon forward—but not for third parties.

You break the time barrier and switch to THA0C rules?