PDA

View Full Version : Anti-spell build, need help.

Pinkie Pyro
2014-07-18, 02:52 AM
ok, so I'm coming up with a build not to counter wizards, but to allow you to ignore them.

so far what I have is:

paladin 2: divine grace (SU) (+ cha to saves)
ring of evasion: ignore all damage on a reflex save
hexblade 2: arcane resistance(SU) (+ cha to saves VS spells/spell likes)
hexblade 3: mettle(EX) (ignore all extra effects on a successful will or fort save)
evil's blessing(SU): standard action to add cha to add cha bonus to all saves. double cha if you attack a good creature while active.
occult slayer 5: cool stuff, spell turning
gray hand enforcer 4 (EX): SR charecter +5
DCS improved spell resistance X infinity
rouge 2 (EX): spell reflection, dex+1 per day, reflect spell that missed you.

saves: amazing (cha X 3-4, +3)
SR: infinity
no save, no sr: spell turning 2/day, spell reflection.

any other suggestions?

Regissoma
2014-07-18, 03:09 AM
Spellblade a few other spells that can target you. Thats about it that I can think off the top of my head.

GoodbyeSoberDay
2014-07-18, 03:40 AM
You need higher touch AC for orbs and the like. Battle Dancer (Dragon Compendium) dip and Monk 2 + Ascetic Mage are the easiest ways to get it for this type of character. Harder ways include Mystic Wanderer, Arcane Duelist, Divine Shield + Shield Ward, and getting the incorporeal subtype somehow.

Note that casters (psions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/swarmofCrystals.htm) most easily) can do damage with no save/no SR/no target. It's not a lot of damage usually, but if you're pulling tricks to get infinite SR (I'm not sure if it even works without seeing the full trick) they'll be pulling action economy tricks to spam the crap out of it before you roll initiative.

With a box
2014-07-18, 04:04 AM
I will summon some meatcannons

ShurikVch
2014-07-18, 05:17 AM
There is a problem:

paladin 2: divine grace (SU) (+ cha to saves)
ring of evasion: ignore all damage on a reflex save
hexblade 2: arcane resistance(SU) (+ cha to saves VS spells/spell likes)
hexblade 3: mettle(EX) (ignore all extra effects on a successful will or fort save)
evil's blessing(SU): standard action to add cha to add cha bonus to all saves. double cha if you attack a good creature while active.
occult slayer 5: cool stuff, spell turning
gray hand enforcer 4 (EX): SR charecter +5
DCS improved spell resistance X infinity
rouge 2 (EX): spell reflection, dex+1 per day, reflect spell that missed you.
Paladin and GHE must be nonevil
Hexblade and EB require evil

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-18, 06:41 AM
Hexblade only requires non-good, actually. And Paladin of Tyranny / Slaughter could work, they both still get Divine Grace.

No way to fit Grey Hand Enforcer in there, though. Unless you go into the class good and turn evil later? But generally, as a GM, I'd rule that if you stop meeting the prestige class's prerequisites you lose all the class features. Unless there's a section in the class's description that specifies otherwise.

sideswipe
2014-07-18, 06:56 AM
play a member of the emerald legion