PDA

View Full Version : DM bad form to use deathless spell?

AdamantlyD20
2014-07-18, 06:10 AM
As the DM I am planning on having an enemy with DR 5/- , die-hard feat, and deathless spell activated. Vs 3 level 7 players. (War priest, druid/archer, and barbarian/fighter) medium optimization. is this fair game

Inevitability
2014-07-18, 06:18 AM
That spell lasts 1 round/level. So if you are keeping this level-appropriate, it'll be a minute at most. The barbarian/fighter should be able to hold the enemy of for that time. After that minute, the enemy can easily be killed, especially if it already took a lot of damage.

So yes, I'd say it is fair. Just give the players a chance to figure out this foe can't die for x rounds, so that they don't waste all their powerful abilities on it.

Studoku
2014-07-18, 07:45 AM
Should be fine. It's not even that effective- diehard restricts you to a move action or a standard action per turn so the party could kite him around until the spell ends. Or the warpriest could dispel him.

Grod_The_Giant
2014-07-18, 11:24 AM
So yes, I'd say it is fair. Just give the players a chance to figure out this foe can't die for x rounds, so that they don't waste all their powerful abilities on it.
Yeah, this. Don't count on them figuring it out on their own.

AdamantlyD20
2014-07-18, 01:44 PM
Also, does life link and damage reduction stack? If an oracle has DR and life link, oracle's ally is hit, is damage the Oracle receives decreased by the DR or not