PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Queen's Guard, Magus PrC (WIP)

Silus
2014-07-18, 08:06 AM
Several things to note:
1) This is my first attempt at a Prestige class, so please bear in mind that I'm diving into uncharted waters here.
2) This is for a homebrew setting, the information for which can be found in my signature. Suggestions not pertaining to this entry can be posted in the second link in my signature (I love suggestions and 9/10 I'll run with it, so suggest away)
3) This is going to be a WIP for a while, so keep checking back. I tend to update and edit at least once a day, so if this interests you, give the page a refresh every few hours or so.

OBJECTIVE OF THIS PRESTIGE CLASS
Ok, um, take a Magus, give it Heavy Armor with 0% Arcane Spell Failure, an Inspire Courage aura and abilities more or less pulled from the Devoted Defender PrC from 3e (Bodyguard stuff). Turn them from a pure combat damage class and shift them towards a more defensive support class that can still put out the violence. Suggested was the following:

Declare one person in a combat as your charge, and you get bonus weapon damage against creatures threatening them plus a bonus to spell penetration, their AC improves if you are adjacent to them (very small, like +1 or +2), and you can spend an arcane point to cast personal spells on them at range or at touch.

DESCRIPTION
(To be added)

REQUIREMENTS
(To be added)

QUEEN'S GUARD

Level
BAB
Fort Save
Reflex Save
Will Save
Special
Spellcasting

1st
+1
+1
+0
+1
Defender's Charge, Shielded Arcana
+1 of Existing Class

2nd
+2
+1
+1
+1
Bonus Feat
+1 of Existing Class

3rd
+3
+2
+1
+2
Defender's Charge +1, Always Ready
+1 of Existing Class

4th
+4
+2
+1
+2
Bonus Feat, "Get Behind Me!"
+1 of Existing Class

5th
+5
+3
+2
+3
Defender's Charge +2, Shielded Arcana (Greater)
+1 of Existing Class

6th
+6/+1
+3
+2
+3
Bonus Feat, Always Ready
+1 of Existing Class

7th
+7/+2
+4
+2
+4
Defender's Charge +3
+1 of Existing Class

8th
+8/+3
+4
+3
+4
Bonus Feat, "Get Behind Me!" (improved),
+1 of Existing Class

9th
+9/+4
+5
+3
+5
Defender's Charge +4
+1 of Existing Class

10th
+10/+5
+5
+3
+5
Protector of the God Queen, Bonus Feat
+1 of Existing Class

Defender's Charge: The Queen's Guard declares one person in a combat as your "charge", giving the Queen's Guard bonus weapon damage against creatures threatening them plus a bonus to spell penetration. The "charge's" AC improves when the Queen's Guard is adjacent to them, and you can spend an arcane point to cast personal spells on them at range or at touch. The bonuses to weapon damage, spell penetration and the Charge's AC increase by +1 every odd level, capping at +5 at lvl 9. These bonuses stack with other Queen's Guard.

Shielded Arcana: Queen's Guard no longer suffers Arcane Spell Failure with shields, barring Tower Shields.

Bonus Feat: The Queen's Guard receives a bonus feat at levels 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10, the choices of which are restricted to those that are allowed by the Fighter Class. Queen's Guards may count their levels as Fighter levels for purposes of feats equal to 1/2 non-Queen's Guard class levels + Queen's Guard levels (A lvl 8 Fighter, lvl 4 Queen's Guard would count as a lvl 12 Fighter for purposes of Fighter Feats). Queen's Guard with the Fighter Training class feature from Magus count as 1:1 for levels (A lvl 10 Magus, lvl 4 Queen's Guard would therefore count as a lvl 14 Fighter for purposes of Fighter Feats)

Always Ready: At level 3, a Queen's Guard has become experienced enough that they can smell an ambush coming a mile away. As such, they retain their Dex bonus when caught flat-footed. At level 6 the Queen's Guard can no longer be flanked (That meaning no bonuses are gained for flanking a Queen's Guard).

"Get Behind Me!": At level 4, as a Full Round action, the Queen's Guard, if adjacent to their charge, may switch places with them without incurring an attack of opportunity. At level 8 this ability becomes a move action.

Shielded Arcana (Greater): Same as Shielded Arcana, but applies to Tower Shields as well.

Protector of the God Queen: Such is their devotion to their charges and the Queen that a Queen's Guard is all but unshakeable. When adjacent to their charge, the Queen's Guard gains +5 to their Will save towards fear effects and anything regarding mental domination (Charm Person, Dominate, Suggestion, etc).