PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you thing of the Pathfinder Druid Prestige Class I created

Lacoran
2014-07-18, 09:06 AM
After looking around and finding no prestige classes for a druid, I did a little searching and found one online called the Natural Master. It was a good idea but super munchkin so I toned it down and created this one. I would post a link to the orginal but I cannot find it anymore, I think it is gone.

Tell me what you thing

The Natural Master, Pathfinder Prestige Class
The Natural Master is a nature priest, usually a Druid or Ranger, who has devoted his life to the channeling of bodily and divine magical energies into physical combat in Wild Shape forms. Levels in this Prestige class are most like the Monk class in progression, with the Wild Energy Pool Replacing the Monk's Ki Pool. Rather than simply trying to harness nature's power, the Natural Master seeks to become one with that power.

Requirement:
Special: Must possess Wild Shape ability for at least 2 full character levels
Spell casting: A Natural Master must be able to cast Divine spells from the Druid, Ranger, or any Nature Domain list.

Game Information:
Class Skills: Acrobatics ( Dex ), Climb ( Str ), Escape Artist ( Dex ), Fly ( Dex ), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate ( Cha ), Knowledge (geography) ( Int ), Knowledge (nature) ( Int ), Knowledge (religion) ( Int ), Perception ( Wis ), Sense Motive ( Wis ), Stealth ( Dex ), Survival ( Wis ), and Swim ( Str ).
Skill Points: 4 + Int modifier
Hit Dice: D8

Class Level
Base Attack
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special

Improved grapple, Natural AC, Wild Energy I

Shaping Focus, high jump, Wild Energy II

Quick Wild Shape, Quest Shape I, Wild Energy III

Purity of body, Quest Shape II, Wild Energy IV

Evasion, Quest Shape III, Wild Energy V

Class Features
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Natural Master gains no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Druid and Monk Class Features: Levels of Natural Master count as both levels of Monk and levels of Druid (or Ranger.) for certain Class abilities. Natural masters treat their class level as both Druid and Monk class levels for purposes of Spell Progression, Caster Level, Monk AC Bonus, Unarmed Damage, high jump, and the acquisition of Wild Shape abilities. Rangers with the Wild Shape ability could also take this prestige class, in which case the levels of Natural Master Count as both Ranger and Natural Master levels, rather than as Druid and Natural Master levels but only for the listed abilities. This applies equally to other divine, nature, or primal focused spell casting classes that somehow acquire the Wild Shape ability. If a character has levels in more than one qualifying class, they must choose which class each Natural Master level applies to in addition to Monk.

Druid and Monk Class Features Lost: Due to their introspective nature, Natural Master's cannot maintain the outward focus necessary to sustain an Animal Companion relationship. Natural Master's give up their Animal Companion, and must dismiss any existing animal companion, if any. A Natural Master gives up any bonus uses of his Stunning Fist gain from Monk levels, if any.

Bonus Feat: At first level, the Natural Master gains the bonus feat of Improved Grapple. At 2nd level, NM gains bonus feat of Shaping Focus. At 3rd level, NM gains bonus feat of Quick Wild Shape.

Natural AC: When unarmored and unencumbered, the NM adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to his AC and his CMD. These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the NM is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load. This does not stack with a Monk AC Bonus but instead works with it. Levels of Natural Master count as levels of Monk for the purpose of Monk AC Bonus (see Druid and Monk Class Features).

Wild Energy Pool: A natural master has the ability to channel their spell casting power into potent self-augmentations. A portion of their spell casting "slots" must be expended in this way each day, decreasing the NM's overall spell casting ability and creating a Wild Energy Pool which can be used to cast these augmentations. When preparing their spells, an NM must allot at least half (Round down) of the spell slots of each level they can cast (from the class that qualified them for the prestige class) to this pool, gaining 1 point of Wild Energy for each spell level so allotted. A Natural Master can allot more spell levels in this way, up to all non-domain spell slots available to them, but they cannot allot less.

Wild Energy Points may be expended to cast Wild Energy Abilities, which cost one point per ability level. Wild Energy Abilities can be cast once per round as a Swift action. Effects that are not instant last 10 min/Druid CL unless stated otherwise. Wild Energy points are replenished only when the NM prepares spells. Wild Energy effect are treated as Supernatural Abilities and are not affected by meta-magic feats, dispel magic, etc.

Wild Energy Pool points can be used to take on exceptional shapes, or to create extended self-combat, movement, and healing buffs, much like the Monk's Ki Pool, but more potent in proportion to the greater value of what is given up to have them (i.e. Spell Slots vs. Nothing.)

Wild Energy I Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +1 (Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +1
Extend duration of Wild Shape by 6 hrs.
Add Silver effect to GMF (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 1
Spell Resistance 10 + WIS Bonus
Assume a new Wild Shape once

Wild Energy II Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +2 (Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +2
Add Bleed effect (wounding) to GMF (Applies to one natural attack, selected at the time of activation)
Add Cold Iron effect to GMF (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 2
Spell Resistance 12 + WIS Bonus

Wild Energy III Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +3 (Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +3
Perform 1 improved Wild Shape: use 1 level higher form of Beast Shape or Elemental Body (i.e. EB III becomes
EB IV)
Haste (self only): 1 rnd/Druid CL
Break Enchantment (self only, Transmutation only)
Add +1d6 Elemental Damage to GMF (Applies to one natural attack, selected at the time of activation)
Add Mithril effect to GMF (Applies to all natural attacks)
Fast Healing 3
Spell Resistance 14 + WIS Bonus

Wild Energy IV Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +4(Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +4
Displacement (self only), 1 min./Druid CL
Fast Healing 4
Spell Resistance 16 + WIS Bonus

Wild Energy V Abilities
Greater Magic Fang +5(Applies to all natural attacks)
Improved Natural Armor +5
Add Adamantine (includes ignoring hardness effect of adamantine weapons) effect to GMF (Applies to one natural
attack, selected at the time of activation)
Add Good/Evil/Law/Chaos effect to GMF (Only for the purpose of bypassing Damage Reductions, Applies to all
natural attacks)
Regeneration 4 (Fire, Acid)
Spell Resistance 18 + WIS Bonus

High Jump: At 2nd level, a NM adds his level (and his Monk Level) to all Acrobatics checks made to jump, both for vertical jumps and horizontal jumps. In addition, he always counts as having a running start when making jump checks using Acrobatics. By spending 1 point from his ki pool or Wild Energy Pool as a swift action, a NM gains a +20 bonus on Acrobatics checks made to jump for 1 round.

Quest Shape: Natural Masters of level 3 and beyond may perform a "quest" to learn a new exceptional shape, which will become their signature combat form. 4th and 5th level Natural Masters may learn a second and third Quest Shape. Traditionally, each form represents a different sphere of the druid's native habitat (i.e. Land/Sea/Air, or Subterranean/Water/Land, etc.) representing different parts of the druid's natural sphere of mastery. These forms may be magical beasts, various elemental types, or even dragons not normally allowed by Beast Shape, but they cannot be of other types.

To perform the "quest", the NM must seek out a specimen of they form they wish to be able to attain and study it minutely for at least 1 week per HD. The subject must be willing and able (i.e. at least 'friendly' toward the Natural Master and be able to accompany the NM constantly) The Natural Master treats the subject of study in all ways as an animal companion of appropriate level, though the creature's likely higher intelligence makes the role-play relationship far more complex. The study period can be commenced and completed over a much longer span of time and even with multiple subjects, but only time spent in the presence of the Quest Shape subject counts toward the month of study.

The GM should make the effort to find and convince the target of a Quest Shape doable, but as challenging as they like. Animal intelligence targets should be very easy, and locating them may be the greater portion of the quest. Smarter targets may demand service from the Natural Master in return. Convincing a dragon, in particular, might require finding such a creature in sufficient need to bargain.

The quest shape target cannot have more HD than the Natural Master’s Character level, but the Natural Master does not have to select shape and seek out the target immediately. It is possible for the Natural Master to complete all 5 levels of this class and move on to the next class until reaches sufficient level before it quest for the shape he desires. Also, the quest shape can be a creature that has had 1 and only 1 inherited template applied to the form. Example: Dire bear or Advanced Gorgon.

The Natural Master gains special bonus from his Quest Shape not gain from other forms of wild shape. In additional to any abilities or effects gained from a normal wild shape into form the NW as gains all supernatural and extraordinary abilities of the form, but not any spell casting, spell-like abilities, or class abilities the creature may possess. Any ability that is based on HD uses the MN’s Character level. For all abilities with a saving throw (if any), the DC is 10 + your Con modifier + 1/2 your character level (rounded down).
When determine the bonus from wild shape into a Quest Shape use the appropriate highest level shape changing spell for a creature of that size and type: Beast Shape IV, Monstrous Physique IV, Elemental Body IV, Vermin Shape II, Plant Shape III, Giant Form II, Form of the Dragon III.

Quest Shape I subjects can be a creature of Animal (Diminutive to Huge), Magical Beasts (Tiny to Large), or Fey (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge, for bonuses) type; or any creature with the Elemental subtype (Small to Huge, if not standard Elemental treat as animal for bonuses).

Quest Shape II subjects include any available in Quest Shape I plus Aberration (Treat as Magical Beast for Tiny to Large and Animal for Diminutive or Huge, for bonuses), Monstrous Humanoids (cannot choose creature with shape changer subtype), Vermin (Tiny to Large), or Plant Type(Small to Huge).

Quest Shape III subjects may include any available in Quest Shape II plus Dragons(Large to Huge Size) and any creature with the Giant subtype (large or Huge).

Purity of Body: At 4th level, a NM gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

Evasion: At 5th level or higher, a NM can avoid damage from many area-effect attacks. If a NM makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a NM is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless NM does not gain the benefit of evasion. If a NM already possesses evasion or later gains evasion from a different class, then the NM’s evasion ability improves to Improved Evasion. He still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless NM still does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.