PDA

View Full Version : Baeleck's Hut

Baeleck
2007-03-01, 05:14 PM
((Probably not much point in this; I doubt anyone other than my charaters will visit. Still, takes my useless babble out of the mountain thread, so can't be all that bad :smallwink:.))

High up in the mountains, there is a hut that has recently been built. It is quite small but sturdy. It oddly doesn't have a chimeny, and should you venture inside, you will find it is not much warmer than outside. It belongs to Baeleck and his two mephits, Shal and Ethrai. It has been well protected against fire magic, and the wood has a reddish tinge to it. A thin coating of snow lines the roof, and icicles droop down over the doorway and windows. People rarely travel this high into the mountains, and so the hut is, understandably, very remote.

Baeleck
2007-03-09, 06:19 PM
Baeleck is thrown through a portal, followed by Shal, Ethrai and Elune. They pick themselves up, and Elune begins to treat Baeleck for a werepanda bite on his neck.

Ok, Bae, what did you do to piss that Panda off?

Baeleck grimaces at Shal and stomps upstairs.

Dartonus
2007-03-09, 07:05 PM
A mushroom-shaped cloud rises into the air from the direction of Trog's.

Baeleck
2007-03-10, 02:34 PM
Elune enters the hut through a portal Shal has made. Baeleck turns over, to look in her direction. He has blood round his mouth and he is very pale, with two darkened areas around his eyes.

A visitor?

He then sees Elune, and sighs.

Hello, Bae. How are you feeling?

He gives a grunt.

Better. Concious, at least.

Elune looks at him sympathetically. She places some more herbs on his neck to clean the wound.

Can I leave you here?

Baeleck nods, before turning over.

Tavern please.

Ethrai opens a portal this time, and Elune steps through. Mychasi also slips through, unnoticed, as the portal closes.

Baeleck
2007-03-12, 04:30 PM
Baeleck steps into his hut through a portal. Shal and Ethrai are nowhere to be seen, and probably fooling around outside. Baeleck signals to Mychasi to heat up two more bowls of soup for the visitors.

((And I'm gone))

Landaro
2007-03-12, 04:46 PM
Shilea and then Landaro step into the hut. The portal shrinks shut behind them. It is indeed a little cold to both of them, but while Shilea is shivering slightly, Landaro suddenly remembers a small trick to ignore the temperature. But regaining that memory has its price. He doesn't know whether its the thin air or the vortex of swirling colours before his inner eye, that makes him go vertigo. He has to put a hand on Shilea's shoulder to steady himself.

What are you ...? She sees the ill look on his face and restrains from finishing her sentence.

Ohh ... it's ... it's nothing. I think I just need to sit down a little.

With that he simply squats down cross-legged, putting a hand to his temple.

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 10:25 AM
((Back. Sorry I'm a little late, the bus didn't show.))

Mychasi quickly heats the soup and puts it in two bowls. Baeleck pulls up some seats for them to sit on, and gives them each a bowl.

Tuck in.

Mychasi decides to go to Elune's and tell her the Baeleck is back to normal, so leaves by the main door and heads down the mountains.

Landaro
2007-03-13, 11:24 AM
Shilea gladly takes the bowl in her shivering hands and starts to eat. After a few spoonfulls, she feels comfortable enough.

That's delicious, I couldn't do it any better.

The shaking stops slowly and the soup is giving her a pleasent warmth. Or maybe it's the presence of Baeleck that lets her forget the cold mountain air. She isn't sure but she feels a little queasy, in a sort of good way.

Landaro gets up from the floor and takes the offered seat, and then the bowl of soup. He as well takes a few silent minutes to gulp the first spoons down, before he feels good enough to talk again.

Thank you for this, it's really good. Hmm. May I ask, why you chose to reside in such a ... he takes a look around ... lofty place?

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 11:29 AM
Baeleck has got himself a bowl too, and finishes his mouthful before answering.

It's not so much the height being the reason why I chose here... more the temperature. I've lived a long time without warmth and, to me, it feels more comfortable.

He peers down at the floor for a moment, then looks back up.

It keeps my mephits happy too. They hate the heat.

Landaro
2007-03-13, 12:00 PM
Shilea looks at Baeleck, innocently

Have you ever, uhm, heard of the saying "Opposites attract"?

realizing what she just hinted at, she shuts her mouth tight, her cheeks get a faint touch of red. Shyly she averts her eyes.

So why is it, that you prefer this cold climate over a warm residence. Or rather, how come that you are acquainted with two ice mephits, if this is not to personal a question?

Landaro is too agitated to notice Shilea's odd behaviour.

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 12:06 PM
Baeleck blushes at Shilea's words, but has pulled the bowl up close to his face to hide it. He takes another spoonful and waits for the hot sensation in his cheeks to go.

The mephits are summons. Except I let them do what they want sometimes.

He contemplates whether he should tell his story to Landaro.

As for why I like the cold... As I say, I have spent a lot of time without shelter in the past. It's because I used to be quite wary of fire and what it could do...

He becomes silent, his words trailing off.

Landaro
2007-03-13, 12:17 PM
Landaro can sense that there is a long and probably sad story behind those hints and downcast eyes. He doesn't want to tear open the lid on old, painful memories, something he got to know all to well lately. Especially not after his opposite just recovered from a severe illness. Instead he focuses on his soup ad gives the other man the silent moment.

To Shilea the sudden silence appears awefull, feeling the sadness hanging in the air. She looks around for a blanket or fur as cover, for she wants to get out.

I think I need to get some fresh air, she says. It sounds ridiculous, considering how unused she is to the cold, but she can't help it.

Grabe
2007-03-13, 12:22 PM
Grabe walks in with not much else to do.

So, whats happening then?

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 12:26 PM
Baeleck gives a long sigh. The silence is indeed rather awkward. He has finished his soup, and so takes the oppertunity to break the silence. He looks at Shilea.

I'll take your bowl, if you're done. The door out is this way...

He indicates through the kitchen. It is a little dark, but the stove is on and looks quite warm. There is another light from around the corner, but it is somewhat odd. Baeleck is suprised at the arrival, wondering how he got in, and who he is.

Do you mind?!?!

((Dude, this character doesn't even know you. Go annoy Elune or TMO. Just stay out of this.))

Grabe
2007-03-13, 12:28 PM
Grabe starts to poke around the kitchen for something to eat.

He finds nothing so naffs off to go and find something else

Landaro
2007-03-13, 12:32 PM
Shilea hands Baeleck the emptied bowl. Their eyes meet for a short instant and there is a question in her eyes, she isn't yet able to clad in words. She met him only recently, but small part of her isn't willing to leave him, even for a short moment. Nontheless she steels herself and follows Baeleck's direction. Through the kitchen. Maybe the cold air will help to clear her thoughts.

Landaro finishes his bowl of soup.

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 12:38 PM
Baeleck raises an eyebrow as Grabe leaves.

Ok...

Baeleck goes into the kitchen and puts the bowls away on the side. The other light comes from his frost brand, which is propped up against a wall. It glows in the cold temperature. Baeleck then indicates to the door.

Out there... if you really do want some fresh air...

He looks at her with a strange expression, which says is there something you want to ask me?

Landaro
2007-03-13, 12:50 PM
Shilea hesitates, then she gathers the courage to face him.

I ... don't know. I feel really ... strange. I never felt this way before ...

She swallows.

I think ... I ... like you.

The words spoken she flushes more than ever, turns and stumbles out of the door.

Landaro feels a sudden tingle in the back of his mind and instantly turns on his inner sight in favour of his normal view. The switching happens subconsciously, something that also came up out of his forgotten past. Somewhere to the south he feels the aura of something, that is coming closer. After a few minutes he recognizes it as the one of Shorodar, but there are also two otheres, different to the familiar one, but akin to each other.

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 01:00 PM
Baeleck stands where he is, a mixture of emotions going around his head. He sways on the spot a little, his eyes looking rather dreamy. He then gives a small, convulsive shake of his head, and goes back into the other room. He sees Landaro is still and notices he is caught in some sort of trance. He decides to leave him where he is. Ethrai pops his head around the corner.

Yo.

Baeleck gives a small start. He then speaks in auran.

{Auran} When Landaro comes back to reality, do you mind showing him out. I think I may need... a little time alone.

Ethrai nods.

{Auran} Sure thing, boss.

{Auran} Don't call me boss.

Ethrai goes into the other room. Baeleck also steps outside, onto the mountain.

Landaro
2007-03-13, 01:11 PM
Landaro doesn't even get the sound of the Auran conversation, which he wouldn't have understood anyway. Instead he still concentrates on Shorodar and the other, unknown, two. They are still far off, so he decides to return to his actual surroundings.

Awakening out of his trance he finds the room empty at first sight, until he spots the ice mephit and eyes him questioningly.

Meanwhile, Shilea hears the door open and close, but doesn't turn around.

((No idea what the prospect looks like ^^ ))

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 01:17 PM
Baeleck comes up and stands directly in front of Shilea. He looks at her right in the eyes.

Shilea... you know what? I know I like you...

He draws a little closer, moving his arms around her.

Inside, Ethrai nods at Landaro.

Hey. Baeleck says he needs a little time alone. Where are you headed after here?

Landaro
2007-03-13, 01:30 PM
His touch runs a shiver down her spine, but relief lightens her eyes.

You do? She sounds hopeful and seems to forget about the low temperatures.

Inside, Landaro gets up. If that is the case I have no intention of disturbing him any further. I wanted to return to my home, but I think I change my plans a little. If you are offering to take me somewhere, I would like to get to the fringe of the Woods, about directly south of here.

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 01:33 PM
Ethrai smiles.

Don't worry, I know where that is.

He opens a portal into the woods.

Outside, Baeleck draws Shilea close to him.

From the moment I saw you...

Landaro
2007-03-13, 01:44 PM
Landaro takes up his few belongings.

Thank you for your service, give my regards to Baeleck. I'll contact him later.

With that he steps through the portal into the lush green of the forest, the open plains in sight.

In front of the hut, Shilea gives in to the pull of Baeleck and falls into his embrace. Same with you ... she whispers. Her eyes are dreamy and locked on his with an intense longing.

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 01:49 PM
Baeleck is silent for a moment, wanting that moment to last forever. He notices Ethrai poke his head round the door and then quickly withdraw. He whispers quickly and quietly in her ear.

Shall we go inside and sit by the stove? Something tells me that Landaro has left. It'll be a lot warmer...

Landaro
2007-03-13, 02:01 PM
Shilea only nods and lets Baeleck lead her by the hand. That sounds nice ...

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 02:05 PM
Baeleck takes her inside, taking quick steps. There is a rug on the floor that wasn't there before. Ethrai has put it there. He sits down, but still holds firmly onto her hand.

Landaro
2007-03-13, 02:16 PM
She sits down and leans to his side. With a sigh she looks up into his deep black eyes.

((We have to put an emotional cliff-hanger here. Suspense!!! I have to pick up my sister and afterwards there's dinnertime. I'll be back later tonight! ))

Baeleck
2007-03-13, 02:20 PM
((Oh noes! I hate cliffhangers!))

Baeleck stares back into her beautiful hazel eyes. He seems lost in her... He pulls her close again and tilts his head, his lips seeking hers.

Landaro
2007-03-14, 10:43 AM
((time to get going again :smallcool: ))

Shilea cranes her neck a little more to answer Baeleck's approach and kisses him. It feels good and she decides that she will never leave this man, hopeing the single moment will last through all the rest of time.

Baeleck
2007-03-14, 10:51 AM
((Sorry if my posting is a little slow today... I'm using my dad's absolutley ancient laptop, because my little sis has to use the computer upstairs for homework :smallfrown:))

Baeleck feels happier than he has ever been in his entire life, as if all the things he has endured have come down to this one moment. He moves his hand to the back of her head, slightly increasing the presure between them. He slowly closes his eyes and savours her caress.

Landaro
2007-03-14, 11:15 AM
((Don't worry, I'll just post a little more on Landaro's current whereabouts, when I wait for your reply ...))

Shilea feels the gentle pressure on the back of her head and enjoys the intimacy between them. She flungs her arms around his back and pulls him even closer. Her hair resembles more and more a wild fire, but its heat is still comfortable and the flames are not threatening. Her hand wanders up into his hair and ruffles it, while she continues to bath in the warmth of his lips.

Baeleck
2007-03-14, 11:23 AM
Baeleck's other hand closes tight around her waist. After a short while he draws away from her a little, ending the kiss, and his gaze once again meets hers. He gives a deep sigh of happiness as he then holds her close, resting his head on her shoulder.

Landaro
2007-03-14, 11:34 AM
Shilea is unwilling to let go of his kiss, but then she opens her eyes slowly. She smiles widely and puts her hands on his cheeks. I think this is called love, hmm? she says in a soft tune, while tracing his facial features, the scar, his brows and the ridge of his nose with her delicate fingers. Her eyes are locked on his.

Baeleck
2007-03-14, 11:42 AM
Baeleck is at a loss for words, but he gives a barely noticeable nod. He lightly thumbs a lock of her firey hair out of the way from in front of her face, and puts his hand on her cheek. The other hand runs up her back slowly, and he shifts slightly on the rug, only just noticing he has been sitting on his leg and it is going a bit numb. His eyes flicker a little, and then remain half-open, staring fondly at her.

Landaro
2007-03-14, 11:55 AM
I hope you are not afraid of me anymore? She returns the fondness and her fingers always return to the scar on his face. She hesitates a moment but then she asks him. Where did you get this, my strong warrior? Shifting her position as well she is now somewhere between sitting and lying down.

Baeleck
2007-03-14, 12:02 PM
I don't think I was afraid of you to start with...

His eyes stay fixed on hers as she moves into the semi-sitting position. His hand moves from her cheek to stroke her hair. He speaks very softly to her.

This scar does have a story behind it. But I don't think now is the time to talk about it.

He moves back to kiss her again.

Landaro
2007-03-14, 12:22 PM
Then you can tell me about it later ...

She embraces him in the kiss and pulls him down further on the rug, until they lie side by side.

Her hand rests on his temple. I love you Baeleck!

Baeleck
2007-03-14, 12:28 PM
He whispers close to her ear again, not needing to move much because of their closeness.

And I know it... you're so right...

He smiles broadly, a hint of rosyness in his cheeks.

Opposites do attract... and once they do, they sure don't like to part again.

He moves her hand away from his temple and rolls over a bit, letting his temple just touch hers. He gives a long but quiet sigh.

Landaro
2007-03-14, 12:44 PM
The sound of his voice vibrates through her body and the touch on her temple makes her feel light as air. She digs into him and sighs in relief, soaking up the warmth of his body.

Her hand slowly moves across his chest.

Baeleck
2007-03-14, 12:59 PM
Baeleck raises his chin a bit and kisses her forehead lightly. He lets his arm go a little limp and rest along her side.

I'm so glad I found you...

Landaro
2007-03-14, 01:07 PM
Me too ... she whispers. The warmth, the closeness to Baeleck and the aura of securety he produces all add up to a cosy feeling that make her sleepy. A few minutes later she is snoring lightly on his chest and holds him in a tight embrace.

((The usual pause, I gotta eat something, afk ~ 1 hour. I haven't yet decided on a curtainfall or some trip in the countryside to follow ... What do you think))

Baeleck
2007-03-14, 01:14 PM
((They can sleep for now, I won't be around for much longer today. I'll have to go shorty after you get back, so there probably won't be much point in continuing later.))

Baeleck looks at her with hazy eyes, and lays flat, letting her head rest comfortably on his chest. He also begins to doze, and is soon sound asleep.

Landaro
2007-03-14, 01:55 PM
((re))

After a while Shilea awakens. At first she isn't sure where she is, but memory returns quickly. Having no idea how much time has passed she listens to the soft sounds of Baeleck's sleep for a while but the grumbling noise in her stomach gets slowly louder. At last she animates the fire in the stove, to become a little warmer, gets up and looks around for something to eat. The soup had been delicious, but the air up here makes her considerably more hungry than that down in the plains. She walks around the hut und tries to be as silent as possible as she has no intention of waking her new lover. He really looks cute when he is sleeping.

Baeleck
2007-03-14, 02:15 PM
Baeleck stirs a little, and opens an eye, but this is not due to any noise that Shilea has made. Shal's head is poking round the door. He indicates for him to go away, making no sound so Shilea won't notice. Shal scowls and disappears again. Baeleck then rolls over a bit, and falls back to sleep.

((Cya tomorrow. I'll be on a little later than normal, I have keyboard lessons after school. *waves* :smallsmile:))

Landaro
2007-03-14, 02:32 PM
As she is rather unsuccessful on her search for something edible, she grabs a thick blanket ((or something that is available for the task)), puts it around her shoulders, and steps out of the hut into the brilliant sunlight. The snow creaks under her boots. She leans at the wall of the hut to enjoys the prospect of majestic mountains and deep chasms. She has learned to control her hunger, but she would never have thought to use this ability only to refrain from waking up someone else. After the warm interiour, the air is welcoming fresh.

After some time an invisible force is dragging her back in. She sits next to the sleeping Baeleck and strokes his beautiful black hair, until he will wake up, either from her touch or from the noise in her stomach, that by now was loud enough to achieve this.

((See you tomorrow then, have fun with the music *g* *waves back*))

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 11:37 AM
Bealeck awakens after his long sleep, slowly opening his eyes and giving a small yawn. He feels the touch of Shilea's hand on his head, making him smile broadly. He tilts his head backwards until he can just see her face, mumbling quietly for a moment.

Landaro
2007-03-15, 12:39 PM
Shilea looks down at him lovingly. You are awake, my sweatheart. She doesn't care that her clothes are a little disarranged and smiles broadly. How was your sleep?

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 12:45 PM
Baeleck sits up slowly, rubbing his eyes a little.

The best I've had in a long time, thank you... Have you been awake all this time?

Landaro
2007-03-15, 12:59 PM
Uhmm ... no, I only woke up a minute ago or so. The discarded blanket behind her gives her away, but she bends down and kisses him on the forehead. What do you thin about breakfast?

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 01:04 PM
Breakfast sounds nice...

He stands up, and a little magic radiates from his hand. He then opens a cupboard which is now full of ingredients, not empty like before. He kisses her on the cheek a couple of times and gives a quirky smile.

Let's see how good your cooking is then, eh?

Landaro
2007-03-15, 01:35 PM
Her eyes go wide when she sees the variety of high quality ingredients. That looks nice! she exclaims. She turns around on her heel and darts over to the small bundle, she dropped yesterday. A minute later she returns in a clean white apron.

Let's see, what we've got, hmm, yes, ... she talks to herself while inspecting the cupboard. Then she turns around. It will take a few minutes, darling, but you will like it. That's really good stuff you have. She smiles and Baeleck can see, that Shilea is on known terrain now.

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 01:40 PM
Baeleck smiles and she begins to rustle something up. He goes over to where she is working and watches over her shoulder, trying not to get in the way of what she's doing.

Landaro
2007-03-15, 02:15 PM
She grabs a pan in her reach and heats it over fire. Meanwhile she takes a couple of oranges from the cupboard, slices them inhalf and squeezes them with expertise to produce a fine fresh orange juice. When the pan is hot she puts in a little frying oil and two fine pieces of bamhacon that start to sizzle imediately. While they start to fill the air with a delicious aroma, Shilea turns to some other pieces of fruit, this time to add them up to the meal.
In a second pan she continues to make two fried eggs and then roasts several slices of toast in the now empty pan, that had held the bamhacon before, to soak up the leftover aroma. All the time she is spicing her meal with a wide array of different spices and herbs, to quick for Baeleck to remember the exact sequence.

At last, she grabs two empty plates and fills two glasses with orange juice. Each plate gets a fried egg, a piece of bamhacon, a few slices of roasted toast, some fruits. She puts everything down on a table and places three jars with different jams and marmalades beside them.

Breakfast is ready, sweatheart. She is in best spirits and waits for her lover to sit beside her.

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 02:21 PM
Baeleck looks amazed at the speed at which she cooks and the ease she seems to be able to do such a feat. He sniffs heavily and takes in the delicious smell of bamhacon and eggs. He takes a seat next to her, and starts to eat. He is pleasantly surprised and it tastes just as good as it smells.

Mmm... that is... indescribably good....

He looks at her for a short moment.

I think I've only tasted one thing better...

His tone is playful and he obviously isn't being to serious. He awaits her response, smirking only very slightly to himself.

Landaro
2007-03-15, 02:32 PM
Shilea looks up and answers with overemphasized indignation. No Way! I'm the best cook, you'll ever meet! She thinks for a second and her tone and smile suddenly become seductive.

Unless you think off ...

Her words trail off, as she leans in to give him a long, intimate kiss.

...this.

She is grinning and feels more alive than ever.

((Today you have to excuse my slow posting, but at times I need ages to reload a page. It's difficult to keep up this way, but I'll try))

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 02:37 PM
Baeleck grins.

I was about to suggest that, yes...

He returns the kiss, pressing hard into her, a swift passion arising from their closeness.

Landaro
2007-03-15, 02:48 PM
When she finally manages to let go of his lips, she looks a little ruffled, but that only makes her more beautiful. She is pleased with herself, pleased with the meal she cooked up and which outruns every other breakfast she has made, pleased with everything.

Then she gulps down the rest of the tasty orange juice and a few flicks with her magic cooking spoon make the dishes clean up themselves.

What are we going to do now?

((afk for ~ 30 - 60 minutes: dinner ^^ ))

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 02:54 PM
Baeleck finishes his meal and licks his lips. He looks across at her, his eyes full of life.

Hmm... I don't know. To be honest, I'd be happy just staying here with you...

He thinks a bit more, and then remembers something.

I know. I've heard that this town has a beach. Would you like to go there?

((Ok, sure thing))

Landaro
2007-03-15, 03:52 PM
An inocent stroll on the beach? She muses and tilts her head a little. That sounds great. I only arrived recently and don't know most places.

She gets up, takes off the apron (rather slowly, so Baeleck can get a good view of her movements and her stretching and flexing her arm and legs) and then returns to the table. I'm ready. And she appears like this, every fibre of her body poised for action.

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 04:00 PM
Baeleck concentrates hard for a moment...

A portal opens next to him. Ethrai peeps through.

{Auran} Finally decided to get out, eh? Where to?

{Auran} The beach, Ethrai...

The backdrop inside the portal changes to the beach (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35527). The docks are clearly visible a little way in the distance.

{Auran} Thanks.

{Auran} Have a good time, boss. I mean, Bae.

The mephit quickly corrects himself.

Come one, Shilea. Let's go.

He tentativley puts an arm around her waist and guides her through the portal.

Landaro
2007-03-15, 04:10 PM
She steps lightly and follows Baeleck's guidance. She has watched the mephit with interest and now looks up to the man at her side. What did you two just talk about? I surely hope it was nothing about me. She pokes Baeleck in the side.

Baeleck
2007-03-15, 04:12 PM
Baeleck gives a little jump. He is rather ticklish...

Nothing about you... Just telling him we wanted to go to the beach...

Ethrai flies off into another room. Baeleck steps through the portal, onto the beach.

Baeleck
2007-03-17, 07:15 AM
Two days later, Elune comes up the mountain. She goes to the door of the hut and knocks on the door feebly.

Bae! Shal! Ethrai! Is anyone there?

She tries to knock harder, but she is oh so weak. Fortunatley, Ethrai opens the door. He leaps back a few feet in suprise when he sees her.

Whoa! What the hell happened, Elune?!?!

He pulls the door open more and invites her in. They take a seat, moving Baeleck's armour off of it and placing it on the floor.

I have become a chosen of Aryn, Ethrai. I don't know why or how though. I need to find out.

How?

I'm going to return home to Tirganach. But first I need to see Bae. Where is he?

Probably still on the beach with Shilea...

Elune mumbles a bit.

Were you hoping he would go with you?

Yes. He is a follower of Aryn, after all.

I suppose so. You may have to wait a while then. Is there anything you want me to do for you?

I'm fine at the moment, Ethrai. Can you tell Baeleck to come and find me when he gets back?

Sure.

Elune gives a small nod. She sits around for a while, but then stands and heads for the door.

Wanna lift?

Oh... yes, ok. The tavern, if you please.

Ethrai opens a portal for her and lets her step through.

Dartonus
2007-03-23, 07:57 PM
A large, Acorn-shaped object falls from the sky and lands somewhere in the mountains with a large crash.

Baeleck
2007-03-25, 08:19 AM
Elune knocks at the door.

Hello! Bae? Are you in there?

Silence follows.

Look... I'm sorry about earlier. I was wrong, there are people who care about me... You for one. I shouldn't have been so dismissive of Shilea being caught in dead time.

She waits for a response. Still silence.

Bae, please...

She gives a sigh, hoping that Baeleck is elsewhere. She heads back down into town.

Baeleck
2007-04-02, 03:29 PM
A large portal opens in the hut. Baeleck, Elune, Lycande, Mychasi, Feniar and the mephits all enter at once, only to be swooped upon by a huge lump of dead time.

((In a spoiler to save space))

The dead time retreats. They all shake themselves off, grumbling, and then take seats around a table in the middle of the living room. Feniar perches on Lycande's shoulder, and Mychasi hovers next to Baeleck.
"Ok then..."
"We've decided to go back."
"Yeah, I gathered that much."
"I'm looking for reasons."
Baeleck quirks an eyebrow.
"Reasons?"
"Well, people have already suggested my ascent to chosen could be because of events still to come."
"We thought we might consoult the Oracle."
Baeleck thinks for a moment.
"Why bother? I'm sure Inari's-"
"That's beside the point!" Elune says, standing, "We all share a bond to Aryn, myself more than most."
"I would see it as a duty for you three." Feniar adds.
Baeleck scowls.
"Is that it? Duty? You know, urgency could be put above tradition."
"Bae..."
Elune looks suddenly curious. Mychasi stops hovering and begins to dose on the edge of the table.
"Why urgency?"
"I..."
"Shilea." Ethrai says, blandly.
"Look, I know it's hard to leave..."
"It sure is. Lycande, surely you-"
Lycande gives a sympathetic shake of her head.
"Sorry Bae, but a couple more days... That's it. I'm sure Shilea and Karaki can wait for our return."
Baeleck hesitates, and Elune sits back down again.
"Fine."
Elune smiles a little.
"Besides, we were hoping to drive out the trolls."
"But... what about the Crimson assaults? It won't be safe outside the city walls..."
Elune points at him.
"Don't doubt my powers, Bae."
An awkward silence follows. Lycande looks between the two of them breifly.
"When I was thare, the Norcaine weren't expending much effort on us."
"'Tis true. Recently we've barely seen any drow, just orcs and goblins."
Baeleck ponders momentarily.
"They could be ammasing troops..."
"The Oracle would have seen if any battle attempt was being planned against Tirganach."
"She's right."
Lycande looks to Baeleck.
"Please, Baeleck. The trolls have caused me nothing but greif."
Baeleck rolls his eyes.
"We'll go. It should be an easy task then, especially with you, Elune."
Elune gives a grin.
"Right - let's go then!"
Shal flies up onto the table, shaking his hands.
"Whoa! You're not thinking of going straight away..."
"Even that's a bit sudden."
The hawk nods.
"I expect we'll need some preparation."
Elune sighs.
"Ok. A couple of days, and then we leave."
"Agreed."
"Seconded."
There is a pause. Feniar pokes Lycande with his beak.
"Lycande?"
"Hmm? Oh, sounds good."
"Can't we just... not go?" Shal complains.
"Shal, shut up."
Mychasi opens an eye, yawning.
"I... I fell asleep. Whadimiss?"
Bealeck smiles a bit, and takes Mychasi in his hands, standing.
"Come on you."
"Tavern?"
"Beach, actually."
Ethrai opens a portal to the sandy shore.
"Lycande?"
"I think I'll go to the tavern."
"I might join you." Elune says, standing.
"We'll all meet here on the day."
Mychasi flies out of Baeleck's hands.
"Uh..."
"Just stick with us, Mychasi."
"Ok, I'll go with them."
Shal makes a portal to the tavern, and Elune, Lycande, Feniar and Mychasi all enter.
"Good. A quiet walk for me then."
He grins a bit as he enters Ethrai's portal. It then closes, and Ethrai turns to Shal.
{Auran} "Shal, shall we?"
{Auran} "Shall what?"
Ethrai sighs.
{Auran} "Shall we go to the tavern?"
{Auran} Nah, I'm gonna explore round here more."
Ethrai looks a bit suprised.
{Auran} "Uh... ok."
The second portal closes, and the mephits head outside onto the mountain.

Baeleck
2007-04-05, 02:17 AM
A couple of days later, all seven of them return to the hut. Elune looks between them, nodding.
"Ok, everyone got their stuff?"
The word 'check' goes up in unison from the rest of them.
"Everyone said their goodbyes?"
Again, 'check' resounds around the room.
"Ok, then we're set. To Tirganach, mephits!"
Shal and Ethrai open a large portal; a snowy city the backdrop. Many elves wander between the buildings, going about their daily lives. Everyone steps through, and the portal shuts.

((That's those characters out of the way for now. I won't be around Fri, Sat or Sun - I'm off on a DofE expedition. Back on Monday... hopefully))

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 03:00 AM
Baeleck steps into his hut through a portal, waiting for someone else to come through on the other side.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 03:00 AM
The boy shuffles through the portal., looking around warily.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 03:22 AM
The hut will probably appear to be rather cold to the boy, and the air quite thin. Baeleck goes over to a stove in the kitchen and then invites the boy to sit down on a rug.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 03:22 AM
The boy would notice it, but he is so sleep-deprived that his senses are dull. He nods lightly and takes the rug as a seat cushion.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 03:26 AM
"So, you say you're possessed by your shadow. I've never really heard of that before. Do you know anything else about it? Like how to stop it?"
He lights the stove, and a small amount of heat begins to radiate from it.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 03:29 AM
"Not going to sleep. He - my shadow...Can take my body over sometimes, even when I'm conscious, but it always happens if I rest."

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 03:37 AM
Baeleck strokes his chin a bit, thinking.
"Hmm. Not sleeping can't be good for you. Unless you're like, an elf, which you're clearly not. You should probably go to the temple here - Inaris. If they're not sure what to do, then there's the mages guild. Other than those suggestions, I don't think I can help you."
He gives a sigh, disappointed in himself that he can't give the lad more help.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 03:41 AM
"I've already tried to get like, exorcised, but it didn't help, cause it's my shadow! I can't get rid of it!" He protests.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 03:46 AM
"You might not need to get rid of it, necessarily. Just find a way to stop it from possessing you. Something to protect you from it."
He pauses again.
"From my time here, I know there to be people around this town who can do utterly amazing things. I'm sure there's somone - somewhere in this town - who will be able to cure you. Or at least, help you to deal with it and get some sleep."

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 03:50 AM
The boy smiles a bit, feeling a glimmer of hope in a vast sea of darkness.

"Thanks...that makes me feel better..." His voice drifts off. His eyes droop. It seems as if his extreme restlessness mixed with the lack of air due to the height of the hut's foundation has knocked the boy right out.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 03:54 AM
Baeleck sighs and is about to pick the boy up, but stops himself.
"Oh no..."
He steps back, very much expecting the boy to become possessed by his shadow any moment.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 03:59 AM
A very disturbing laugh echoes around the small hut.

"Boo."

The boy's shadow grows and deforms as it peels off the wall and ground. The boy is lefted up, floating in the air as the shadow, now twice his size and bulk, hovers over him, the demonic thing's waist combining with the boys to keep them as a single entity, the poor child almost acting as his legs. The shadow offers a twisted grin to Baeleck.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 04:04 AM
Baeleck steps forwards again, and both his mephits appear round a doorway. They hover behind him. Baeleck scowls back at the shadow.
"Why do you possess this boy, shadow?"
His voice is strong and resolute.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 04:06 AM
"Well, I can't much possess anyone else, I'm anchored to the kid!" The shadow once again belts a disturbing laugh. "You sure are pathetic. 'Oh! Go the the temple! They can help!'" The demon imitates Baeleck, intentionally making his voice sound girly, "How worthless." He grins.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 04:10 AM
Baeleck seems unphased by the shadow's attempt to imitate him.
"Hey, I'm just tryna help the poor kid. He can't even sleep thanks to you."
He pauses again.
"How come eveyone else's shadow is content being just a shadow, then? Why don't they all possess their hosts?"

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 04:18 AM
"Duh, because most other shadows are just the absence of light in relation to an object, genius." The shadow shakes his head, expecting Baeleck to know such rudimentary things, "Whereas I'm a living, breathing entity straight from the Shadow Plane. Me and the little twerp have been connected since he was born."

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 04:21 AM
"Any idea how you got 'connected'?" Baeleck enquires.
He doesn't care that the shadow is calling him an idiot, because he's getting himself information about this thing.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 04:23 AM
The shadow demon shrugs. "I was just a wee tyke then, too. Don't know how I ended up nailed to this little bastard's feet." The shadow's outline begins to vibrate ever so slowly. Baeleck wouldn't know it, but it's a sign of his growing impatience.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 04:27 AM
Baeleck looks directly at where the shadow's eyes would be.
"Maybe you should try and find someone who can help you break free from the 'little bastard', as you so nicely put it."

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 04:29 AM
"No thanks. If I got disconnected from him, I'd be yanked right back to the Shadow Plane. And frankly, I've grown quite fond of this universe." The shadow and by extension the boy begin a slow float towards Baeleck.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 04:31 AM
Baeleck's hand slowly moves to tighten around his sword hilt.
"Oh? Why so?"

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 04:33 AM
"Because when I'm around people instead of other shadows, I can kill them!" The demon's hand morphs into the silhouette of a large axe, which he swings at Baeleck, trying to behead him.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 04:37 AM
"Looks like you've picked the wrong person to try and slay!" Baeleck shouts, drawing his sword and attempting to block the axe, whilst moving backwards a bit. Ethrai instinctively makes a portal back to the tavern, and gives a whistle, before both mephits advance on the shadow.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 04:42 AM
The sword blocks the axe with a clang as the shadow's other hand, now in the form of a spiked hammer, rains down towards Baeleck's head.

"'Slay!' Ha! How noble! I will deprive you of your noble death and slaughter you!"

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 04:48 AM
Baeleck gets hit hard on the back of the head by the hammer, unable to dodge. The mephits both move round to the left of the shadow.

From the portal, a very powerful polar ray shoots directly at the shadow. Elune enters quickly, her eyes glowing with a bright light.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 04:51 AM
The polar ray is on a direct collision course with the shadow's torso. The shadow, ignorant of anyone behind him, can't dodge. The ray hits and...!

...Passes right through the shadow's incorporeal chest. He turns.

"Oh goody, new playmates." He grins and points his hand the Elune, black arrows shooting from it like a crossbow.

((Explanation; The shadow can make different parts of his body ethereal and solid at will. Most of the time he remains completely incorporeal, except when he's attacking when a hammer that doesn't just pass through an opponen't sobyd would be advantageous.))

Exachix
2007-04-13, 04:55 AM
((Mr Rules Lawyer says:

An incorporeal creature has no physical body. It can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, magic weapons or creatures that strike as magic weapons, and spells, spell-like abilities, or supernatural abilities.

Magic would hit it))

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 04:57 AM
Elune's eyes glow brighter still, as she casts protection from arrows on herself. Shal aims his breath weapon at the hammer, spraying the area with shards of ice. Baeleck groans, trying to pick himself up, but ends up just rolloing over a bit, out of the way.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 04:57 AM
((WELL I DON'T PLAY BY THE RULES*

*Crapola, I didn't know that.

Let's call that last post by macguffin and then from here on out magic will hurt the shadowman.))

The shadow takes the ice shards in the hand and growls.

"You little bitch!" He spits. His other hand grows very large and wide, becoming a giant flyswatter that he attempts to crush Shal with.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 05:00 AM
((Ok, calm it people! =P))

Shal growls and shakes with anger.
"I'm a guy, you moron!"
Ethrai tries to distract the shadow with another breath weapon from the other side, aiming for his hand.

Exachix
2007-04-13, 05:03 AM
((Hey I'm a selective rules lawyer.

"It has a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source (except for positive energy, negative energy, force effects such as magic missile, or attacks made with ghost touch weapons)"

You're safe
This disruption was sponsored by Karsen enterprises. All the news that's fit for you. Continue with your wonton descruction now))

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:06 AM
((Gender don't stop no one from calling people bithces, yo.))

The shadow sees another attack on his hand coming and quickly phases it out. The breath attack passes through it.

"Things aren't as fun when I'm the one getting hurt!" The shadow growls. The rest of the shadows and general darkness around the hut begin pooling towards him as he starts growing larger.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 05:10 AM
The mephits both try and scratch at the shadow, to no avail. Baeleck gets to his feet, buffing his sword with icy burst and taking on a defencive stance. Elune fires another polar ray at him, aiming for the axe (if it's still there).

((Yeah, but Shal doesn't take anything lightly...))

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:13 AM
The shadow takes the hit directly in the axe and inhales sharply at the pain. He growls.

"Dodge this, then!" His grimace morphs into another twisted grin as his once impressive form begins to shrink, all the excess darkness pooling towards his fist, making it almost as huge as him. He wills the giant fist to form spikes all around its edges and swings it at the combatants wildly.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 05:17 AM
As Ashgork enters the portal too, he is swept off his feet along with teh two mephits and Elune, who all get hurled into a wall. Baeleck has moved around the other side of the shadow though, and swings at the fist with his sword.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:19 AM
The sword slices right through the shadow's fist, eliciting a cry of pain but only stopping the momentum of the spiked appendage by a little. It continues on, trying to crush and/or stab Baeleck.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 05:24 AM
One of the spikes crunches against Baeleck's chest, but his armour stops most of the damage. He puts a hand on the back of his head, which is bleeding.
"Bastard."
He raises his sword up again, and stabs down on the fist hard.

Elune has been knocked out, her frailty of body apparent. Ashgork gets up, and goes to stab the shadow with his spear, but this does nothing. Due to the cold temperatures, Shal and Ethrai use fast healing to regain their full strength, and then fire magic missile at the shadow.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:32 AM
The resulting jolt of pain from the sword entering the shadow's ginormous hand causes him to shoot said hand upward. Baeleck, who is gripping the sword currently stuck inside the shadow, would most probably be sent flying upwards through the air.

Meanwhile, Shal's magic missile passes right through the shadow, while Ethrai's hits, causing him to wince a bit.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 05:35 AM
Baeleck is thrown upwards, but stays clinging onto the sword. He sails round in a big loop, aiming with his feet to deliver a kick to the back of the fist.

Ashgork searches through Elune's person fro a healing potion. Ethrai indicates to the pouch on her belt, before flying up with Shal to near Baeleck, careful to dodge any other attacks.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:37 AM
The kick connects, but doesn't do as much damage as the sword wounds because, I mean, damn. It's a kick.

The shadow, seeing Ashgork going towards the unconscious Elune, tries to bat him away with his free hand. If that works, he then tries to grab Elune with it and pull her towards him.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 05:42 AM
Ethrai thinks quickly as Ashgork is batted away and the creature tries to grab Elune. He makes a portal in the floor where the boy's body is, which leads to about 30 ft above an awning in the slums (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34497&page=49). Baeleck draws the sword out of the shadow's fist, and then hops back onto the ground.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:45 AM
Seeing as the boy is floating in the air under the shadow's influence, the portal does little good. The hand keeps reaching for Elune.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 05:48 AM
Ethrai curses, swooping through the shadow quickly and shoulting for Elune to wake up. Her eyes flickers open, and instantly a dome of ice forms a protective barrier between her and the shadow.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:49 AM
The shadow curses as his hand forms a large icepick which he drives into the dome.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 05:54 AM
The dome begins to shatter, but in the time she has, Elune pulls out a potion from her pouch and drinks it. She then stands, shattering the rest of the globe herself and shooting an odd spiked spiral of ice from her hand. It begins to wrap around the shadow in any place it can grab onto.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 05:57 AM
The ice instantly glazes over the shadow's hands and the base of his waist, along with select parts of his face. The rest is incorporeal, however.

"Aaargh! I'll kill you, you bitch! I'll murder you!" The shadow growls, unable to use his frozen hands to form any more weapons.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 06:01 AM
Elune gives a cruel smirk.
"Two can play the weapon-forming game..."
She creates an icy block at the top of her quaterstaff, making it a huge icy hammer. She swings at the areas that have frozen over.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 06:03 AM
The bits of the shadow's face and the hands shatter with a scream of pain from the shadow. The base of his waist also dissipates under the pressue, relieving the demon of the anchor that is the boy's body. He quickly disappears after his link has been disconnected, screaming all the while.

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 06:05 AM
Ethrai forgets about the portal that is below the boy, and turns to Elune and Baeleck, puffing.
"Phew."
Elune hurries over to Ashgork, who, whilst being a bit dazed, is not hurt badly.

Nevrmore
2007-04-13, 06:08 AM
The boy hits the awning 30 feet below him, but doesn't wake up. This is likely due to the fact that the kid has no slept in months and is quite understandable.

For now, until his shadow eventually regenerates itself, he is safe to slumber...

((And I feel the velvety touch of Hypnos upon me; Goodnight, Baeleck. Nice RPing with you, will do some more later.))

Baeleck
2007-04-13, 06:10 AM
((Yeah, it's been fun.))

Baeleck looks down at the boy.
"I expect he needs sleep."
"Back to the tavern, now?"
Baeleck shrugs.
"Righty-ho."
The mephits make more portals and Elune, Bae and Ashgork go back to the tavern.

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 09:25 AM
Baeleck steps out of a portal in his hut and waits on the other side for Shilea to enter.

Landaro
2007-05-15, 10:19 AM
((Refering to your PM: I know what you mean =P. It was the same with Dragon Manor before we started the plot there. Considering the plot I am always curious, but it appears I have one already upon my plate for each of my characters. I could introduce a new character in case the plot isn't woven too strongly around existing figures. Anyway, just let me know, what's on your mind :smallcool: ))

With Baeleck, Shilea leaves the portal. A surge of emotion inflames her hair, when she thinks of the last time she has been here. It was a couple of weeks ago and she had revealed her feelings towards Baeleck, back then. And now they were going to get married. She couldn't believe her luck. All the weeks of making a living at best half legal, all that running, sleeping in cheap places and so on. That was the past now and the world seemed so much brighter than ever before. She gives off a joyful laugh and hugs Bae.

So what is it, that you wanted to show me, hmm?

((I am off for three hours or so, see you then))

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 10:30 AM
((It actually relies on a new character being created, so do not worry about it being tied in with any other plots. It may only work if I get plenty of people to get involved, so also look out for a 'gauging interest' thread about it. I'll probably PM you the information about it, if you want to know in advance, but if you'd rather wait, that's fine by me.))

The area of the hut they'd entered looks very much the same as it was, other than the furniture having been shuffled around just a bit. Baeleck keeps an arm around Shilea and leads her to a door on their left, and opens it. Inside is a snug and cozy room, set off from the rest of the house. It has a fireplace, which is rather quaint rather than majestic, and a comfortable sofa to sit on. The room is a lot warmer than the rest of the house. On one side of the room, there is also a wooden staircase which leads up to the second floor.
"I added this room to the hut. I though you might like it - it's not as cold." he says, quite proud with the handiwork.
He had a great deal of help from the mephits, but he might like Shilea to think it was all his work.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-15, 10:33 AM
((*Expresses interest*))

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 10:35 AM
((You want some info now, Shadow? Because Umbras plays a major part of the events leading up to this plot...))

Shadow of the Sun
2007-05-15, 10:40 AM
((Why not? It'll be fun.))

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 10:41 AM
((Ok, I'll send you a PM about it in a sec :smallsmile:))

Landaro
2007-05-15, 03:05 PM
((I'll take the PM if it is not a problem for you :smallsmile: ))

It's amazing ... She gasps and hurries into the room that wasn't there on her last visit. The small fireplace lightens her mood even stronger. She flings herself on the sofa and looks up at him. You know, ... I just claimed my territory! She remarks jokingly.

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 03:13 PM
Baeleck gives a chuckle, going over and sitting down next to her, moving her feet out of the way.
"Well, I'm invading." he says in reply, grinning broadly.

Landaro
2007-05-15, 03:18 PM
Well, in that case ... She ruffles his hair ... I am going to defend my realm. Suddenly she twists out of his reach and pokes a finger in his side, tickling him to see whether he will react.

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 03:21 PM
Baeleck gives a slight chuckle, twisting himself around to move out of reach.
"Oh no! A surprise attack!" he says teasingly.

Landaro
2007-05-15, 03:24 PM
Wait, till I sneak attack you. I can be mean. You better beware. Its fairly obvious that Shilea is enjoying this game.

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 03:26 PM
"Well, you may find that nothing can withstand my brute force..."
He tries to grab her and lift her playfully up onto his shoulder.

Landaro
2007-05-15, 03:35 PM
In a mock show of defiance she drums her fists on his back. Let go of me, you ... brute! Actually she likes the sensation of being so close to him.

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 03:43 PM
Baeleck smiles as she pounds on his back - he feels her fists on his back and they send little shockwaves through his body. He stands and heads towards the stairs.
"I have you now... you will be imprisoned in the bedroom!" he says triumphantly, marching up the stairs.

Landaro
2007-05-15, 03:47 PM
Bedroom, you say? Comes her muffled voice across his shoulder, while her resistance weakens. Then I'll be your prisoner tonight, hmm? She tickles him once again instead of pounding with her fists.

Baeleck
2007-05-15, 03:57 PM
Baeleck gets to the top of the stairs. In this room, there is also a fireplace, but a more majestic one than downstairs. He carefully throws her (if that's possible) down onto a double bed in the middle of the room, laughing a bit more at the tickling.
"Resistance is futile... Your attacks do not weaken me!"

((I'm off for tonight.))

Landaro
2007-05-15, 04:11 PM
As Shilea is a couple of pounds lighter than Bae and because she is not giving a lot of resistance, baeleck will easily accomplish throwing her onto the pillows. She looks thoughtful for a moment, eying him carefully and then concludes. I guess I have to change my weapons then ... She suddenly appears more serious and her voice becomes seductive. Her hands move to her back and she starts to unbutton her shirt, very slowly.

((Good night to you then ... I wonder whether the hit-count of your thread might jump overnight :smallbiggrin: ))

Baeleck
2007-05-16, 09:23 AM
Baeleck finally drops the charade and slides up next to her on the bed. It's not a smooth motion, as he is still clad in his armour, but he doesn't really care. He sets about removing the restrictive armour from himself, his eyes fixated on Shilea.