PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a race

Mailce
2014-07-18, 10:04 AM
Greeting all, I'm helping a friend build a barbarian for our current campaign. And honestly I'm bored with core, I try and stay out of it as much as possible.

I'm trying to find a race that will pair well with barbarian. I was thinking Human with the Feral template, but I'm not sold on it yet. I was also thinking Half-ogre, but we already have one as a thrall. Well I should say will be getting one in the next session or two.

I want to make something interesting, but I'm not sure where to look, I want to keep it to +1 level adjustment or less. Unless it is really worth it.

Thanks for the help!

Hazrond
2014-07-18, 10:08 AM
Greeting all, I'm helping a friend build a barbarian for our current campaign. And honestly I'm bored with core, I try and stay out of it as much as possible.

I'm trying to find a race that will pair well with barbarian. I was thinking Human with the Feral template, but I'm not sold on it yet. I was also thinking Half-ogre, but we already have one as a thrall. Well I should say will be getting one in the next session or two.

I want to make something interesting, but I'm not sure where to look, I want to keep it to +1 level adjustment or less. Unless it is really worth it.

Thanks for the help!

Goliaths (races of stone) were practically made for this

FishBonePendant
2014-07-18, 10:48 AM
I ban goliaths as a playable race every campaign I run because oh how much absolute bull**** they can be in any game. Powerful build is bullcrap and your DM may not allow it.

If level adjustment isn't a problem I'd recommend the Anthropomorphic animal races from savage species(same as the feral template). Anthro Elephants (Or dog if you don't wanna be ugly) are pretty good for melee classes.

Hazrond
2014-07-18, 10:53 AM
I ban goliaths as a playable race every campaign I run because oh how much absolute bull**** they can be in any game. Powerful build is bullcrap and your DM may not allow it.

Anthro Elephants are pretty good for melee classes.

Powerful build is nice but you are making it out to be more than it is, also is that comparison even REAL?

John Longarrow
2014-07-18, 10:56 AM
RoD - Mongrelfolk.

Big bonus to CON, penalty to CHA. They are a total mix up of race, so they can pop up about anywhere.

IIzak
2014-07-18, 11:29 AM
What about like a shifter? Neat race with some decent abilities. The detriment hurts a little, but int and cha aren't exactly super important for a barbarian and Barbarian actually meshes really well with alot of the options, as well as allowing your PC to really customize what they want to be. It's technically eberron specific, but as long as you don't mind that, i think its what your looking for. Plus you can turn into a bear. Bar"BEAR"ian :smallbiggrin:

Hazrond
2014-07-18, 11:34 AM
Goliaths (races of stone) were practically made for this

Did I mention the racial sub levels that make you large while raging?