PDA

View Full Version : cowboy ghost rider. (little spoiler)

Fear_Zod
2007-03-01, 05:25 PM
Ok so I’ve seen the ghost rider film, in it is a cowboy ghost rider here is want I have so far for stats for him and his mount.

A human, with the elemental creature (fire) from manual of the planes, and then make him a Wight, then give him levels from the chaotic good paladin from UA, and for his special mount sanctified nightmare

Human fire elemental Wight/ paladin of freedom 9
Fire subtype
Hit dice: 13D12 (78)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30ft
Armour class: 20 (+1 dex, +4 natural, +3 leather armour)
Base attack: +11/+6/+1
Saves: fort +13, Ref +10, will +10
Str 19
Dex 13
Con –
Int 10
Wis 14
Cha 24

Hide +8, listen +7, move silently +16, Spot +7

Feats: Alertness, leadership, exotic weapon prof dagger whip-dagger, Track, urban tracking

Special attacks: energy drain, 2d6 bonus fire damage with natural attacks,Burn dc 20, smite evil

Special quality: undead traits, dark vision 60ft, Dr 10/+1, Aura of good, Detect evil, divine grace, lay on hands, aura of resolve, divine health, turn undead, special mount, remove disease 2/week,

Attack: +1 holy fiery burst whip dagger

Mount: sanctified nightmare

Ashdate
2007-03-01, 05:45 PM
Are you using 3rd edition rules? It'd be DR 10/magic not DR 10/+1. Your saves are also wrong, and appear to be based off a pure Wight instead of a Wight with class levels (which would give +13/+10/+10 due to 9 levels of Paladin + Divine Grace). Also, Paladins use a d10, so your hitpoints are wrong.

Also I think you could count the Ghost Rider was wearing at LEAST leather armor. Finally, I think for a weapon you'd need to find some sort of modern ranged weapon to give him instead of the whip. Only Ghost Rider really used the chain whip, and you could probably consider that a Spiked Chain with the Flaming attribute.

- Eddie

brian c
2007-03-01, 05:52 PM
shouldn't he have smite evil, if he's good-aligned?

also, ashdate, i assume his "saves" listed are the base saves (for the wight w/out class levels)

Fear_Zod
2007-03-01, 05:55 PM
his undead so all his hit dice are d12's, thanks for noticing the saves,

for his weapon he does have a lasso, on him which is what the whip dagger is for, as its one handed. and yeah good call on the armour most likely magic studded leather.

as for his DR thats what the template said, 10/+1.

oh yeah smite evil by bad

Ashdate
2007-03-01, 08:32 PM
9 of those hit dice are from his class levels, not his 'racial' HD tho. It's like, an ogre has d8 racial hit dice, but if it takes levels in Barbarian it uses the Barbarians HD for it's levels (meaning 1d12). For example the 4th level Ogre Barbarian listed in the 3.5 Monsterous Manual has 4d8 (racial HD) + 4d12 (class HD) + constitution bonus (32 HP)+ Toughness feat.

The Undead 'd12' only applies to racial HD like most templates. For example, that same ogre Barbarian that became a vampire would see it's original 4d8 HD become 4d12. Any class levels would not change. This means his HD would effectively be 8d12 + Toughness feat.

You must be using some template from a 3rd edition book (not 3.5), that or it's some error. 3.5 got rid of needing a specific type of bonus to ignore DR, instead making it either a +1 weapon (to overcome DR/magic) or at least +6 (to overcome DR/epic).

- Eddie

Noneoyabizzness
2007-03-02, 09:17 AM
the old man ghost rider wasn't really good aligned, more redeemed at a later date.
but even evil, smite evil has a place in the spirit of vengence mythos of both comic and movie

Fear_Zod
2007-03-02, 11:11 AM
yeah this is the stats for him after he redeemed, so basically i was think he would have switched from lawful evil to choatic good, hence why the paladin of freedom levels

Thiel
2007-03-02, 11:16 AM
I know there is a Lasso statet out somewhere. CAdv maybe?
Anyway, it seem to be more appropriate than a whip.

silentknight
2007-03-09, 07:16 PM
Manual of the Planes is a 3.0 book. You can get a 3.5 update on the Wizards website or maybe Planar Handbook has 3.5 stats for elemental creature template.