PDA

View Full Version : It's like a big ball of timey-wimey... stuff

Hazrond
2014-07-18, 12:43 PM
So I found the spell Teleport through Time and I was wondering, could an artificer not build a piece of wondrous architecture (stronghold builder guide) to cast this spell at will and make his home a time machine? (sounds like a fun plot to me, players hunting the mad artificer through time)

ddude987
2014-07-18, 01:26 PM
That would be an interesting campaign, just be sure to get a hold on the whole past changes future or what not. Otherwise time travel games can tend to do very wacky things.

Phelix-Mu
2014-07-18, 09:02 PM
So I found the spell Teleport through Time and I was wondering, could an artificer not build a piece of wondrous architecture (stronghold builder guide) to cast this spell at will and make his home a time machine? (sounds like a fun plot to me, players hunting the mad artificer through time)

There are actually a number of concepts on here for how to build a TARDIS in 3e, or other kind of indestructible, sentient, time-machine exploiting orthogonal architecture and stellar engineering to be super awesome.

Well, the D&D version has an understandable small amount of stellar engineering, but it's still possible to come alarmingly close to the TARDIS using 3e mechanics (and not even epic spells).

Hazrond
2014-07-18, 09:15 PM
There are actually a number of concepts on here for how to build a TARDIS in 3e, or other kind of indestructible, sentient, time-machine exploiting orthogonal architecture and stellar engineering to be super awesome.

Well, the D&D version has an understandable small amount of stellar engineering, but it's still possible to come alarmingly close to the TARDIS using 3e mechanics (and not even epic spells).

I assume its a simple combo of Leomund's Secret Chest (bag of holding spell), teleport through time, and then spells for amenities like summoning food and such