PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Cleric Aura Question

Rakoa
2014-07-18, 07:33 PM
So I only just read the Aura section on the Cleric page on account of a character I was creating. It reads that a Cleric that worships a deity has an alignment matching that of his deity. This is important, because I am giving this character the feat Heretic of the Faith (http://dndtools.eu/feats/power-of-faerun--31/heretic-of-the-faith--1379/), allowing me to create a Lawful Evil Cleric of Pelor. My biggest issue was going to be concealing his Evil alignment from literally everybody, but it looks like this Aura covers it, if I am reading it correctly. As a Cleric of Pelor, he would register as Good on all detection spells, and so be relatively protected from being discovered. Assuming I am reading that correctly.

Am I reading that correctly?

heavyfuel
2014-07-19, 01:37 AM
So I only just read the Aura section on the Cleric page on account of a character I was creating. It reads that a Cleric that worships a deity has an alignment matching that of his deity. This is important, because I am giving this character the feat Heretic of the Faith (http://dndtools.eu/feats/power-of-faerun--31/heretic-of-the-faith--1379/), allowing me to create a Lawful Evil Cleric of Pelor. My biggest issue was going to be concealing his Evil alignment from literally everybody, but it looks like this Aura covers it, if I am reading it correctly. As a Cleric of Pelor, he would register as Good on all detection spells, and so be relatively protected from being discovered. Assuming I am reading that correctly.

Am I reading that correctly?

Reread the Heretic of Faith feat. Even as cleric, you can only be within two steps in alignment of your deity. Since Pelor is neutral good, you can be neutral evil, but not lawful evil because that's 3 steps, not 2.

As for your aura, it'd be good because you worship Pelor and the aura matches the deity's alignment, but a detect evil will still see YOU as evil.

Hiding your alignment through a Undetectable Alignment spell will make your alignment, well, undetectable, which might weird anyone knowledgeable enough as to just how are you a true neutral cleric of Pelor