PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Bardic Demolitions

LanSlyde
2014-07-19, 10:14 AM
The Bards acquires the spell Sympathetic Vibration, which allows them to quite literally bring the house down. I just want to know if anyone has ever actually been able to successfully apply this spell in a campaign? It seems really nifty to add to your list. I mean, why storm the castle to slay the tyrant when you could just sneak up to the out walls and bring the whole thing down around his head?

Hazrond
2014-07-19, 11:06 AM
The Bards acquires the spell Sympathetic Vibration, which allows them to quite literally bring the house down. I just want to know if anyone has ever actually been able to successfully apply this spell in a campaign? It seems really nifty to add to your list. I mean, why storm the castle to slay the tyrant when you could just sneak up to the out walls and bring the whole thing down around his head?

you would need some pretty decent metamagic to actually make that work, and the guards would probably notice the guy singing magic by the wall when the place starts shaking, but yeah it could work

Donny_Green
2014-07-19, 12:13 PM
you would need some pretty decent metamagic to actually make that work, and the guards would probably notice the guy singing magic by the wall when the place starts shaking, but yeah it could work

Though, the subsonic feat could take care of the guards listen checks quite easily.

LanSlyde
2014-07-21, 09:33 AM
Well, I don't really need tips on how to apply the spell. I can figure that out on my own, my question was whether or not anyone on this forum has ever actually seen it in practical use during a campaign before.