PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Chuck a Warforged Concept At Me [3.5/PF/4e]

Teapot Salty
2014-07-19, 11:44 AM
Hey guys, title says it all, I want a warforged concept for a new character. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

The Oni
2014-07-19, 11:52 AM
Hey guys, title says it all, I want a warforged concept for a new character. Thanks, and as always, go nuts.

Orange paint job, slick visor instead of conventional eyes, arm-cannon - ranger, gunslinger or warlock. Speak very rarely but secretly sound female. Be Samus Aran.

Natural Warforged Druid. Be made out of wood or stone. Be wise and also creepy.

Be the Half-Forged; a Small-sized warforged made from the leftovers of a Warforged Battalion. Use as a source of angst and inadequacy until it turns out you're actually pretty badass.

Nicrosil
2014-07-19, 12:22 PM
Mute, radioactive, blue Warforged, probably monk, fighter, barbarian, any brawler class will do with a lot of ranger classes thrown in. Favored enemies are Abberation, Giant, evil and water Outsiders. You have two Petal brothers jointly, psychically operating you from the inside. You are the Gypsy Danger.

DigoDragon
2014-07-19, 12:46 PM
Somewhere else I mentioned a slate-gray warforged paladin with a hand-crossbow side arm. Robocop. :smalltongue:

BioCharge
2014-07-19, 09:20 PM
Rust red armor, using a high damage/threat range crossbow/longbow. Something akin to a sniper/long range assassin. Refer to organics as "meatbags." Congratulations, you're HK-47.

Tetraplex
2014-07-20, 11:05 AM
Warforged Warlock/Monk with Eldritch Claws

Fluff the claws as drills, get a red paintjob with flame decals, sunglasses sundark goggles, and constantly be shouting about fighting spirit. Gurren Lagann. Alternatively, sub in a shield and Perform: Whistle for the shouting and drills, be Protoman.

Bulhakov
2014-07-20, 02:26 PM
Go to deviantart, search for "warforged"

Build a story around a picture that inspires you.

http://www.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=warforged

GPuzzle
2014-07-20, 03:19 PM
Warforged Monk. Use a hand crossbow and have a way of multiplying yourself. Mr. Smith.

Warforged Artificer. You're building yourself.

Warforged Swordmage|Warlock. Yield a Radiant Sword. Be a human with mechanical body parts. Always talk with your hand in front of your mouth. Darth Vader.

Bulhakov
2014-07-20, 04:52 PM
If you're going for pure overpowered munchkinism, I think Totemist is the suggested way to go for a Warforged. http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2943.0

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-21, 01:50 AM
Goofy suggestions:

Be a Rogue, and call yourself Optimus Crime.

Be a Jester, and call yourself Optimus Mime.

Be a Bard, and call yourself Optimus Rhyme.

Prestige into Frostrager, and call yourself Optimus Rime.

Prestige into Oozemaster, and call yourself Optimus Slime.

Prestige into Sand Shaper, and call yourself Optimus Grime.

Prestige into Swiftblade, and call yourself Optimus Time.

Prestige into Verdant Lord and call yourself Optimus Thyme.

Prestige into Cloud Anchorite, and call yourself Optimus Climb.

Prestige into Sublime Chord, and call yourself Dave.

Slightly more serious suggestions:

Be a Dragonfire Adept, with the ultimate goal of knocking some sense into the other Warforged, convincing them how badass firebreathing flying reptiles are, and building the Becoming God into a dragon instead of some big human-looking thing.

Or, be a Walker in the Waste, and carry the Mournland with you wherever you go. Rework a couple of the abilities to make the area around you screw with healing magic and do the other nasty stuff the Mournland does instead of just making it really hot outside.
(I would actually play the heck out of this one.)

DigoDragon
2014-07-21, 07:23 AM
Goofy suggestions:

Those were funny, but I would totally create and play the "Optimus Crime" character. :smallbiggrin:

lytokk
2014-07-21, 07:53 AM
Warforged soul knife working into soulbow. Paint yourself red and have a long blonde wig. Congrats on becoming Zero.

Warforged wild shape ranger prestiging into primeval. Pick either glide wing cave triceratops or mega raptor as your form. Pick up the dragonborn template with the breath weapon and congrats on becoming a dinobot

wilson356725
2014-07-21, 09:09 AM
The Terminator: grab as much fast healing etc... as you can, and them start the Schwarzenegger quotes:smallcool:
Bonus points for some for form of shape-changing
maybe vigors from DMM persist shenanigans?

Inevitability
2014-07-21, 09:32 AM
Possessed suit of armor, just like in the cheap ghost movies.

(4e) Be a barbarian. Multiclass monk with the feat that grants you the monk's unarmed strike. Take the feat that lets you throw off-hand weapons. You can now throw your fists.
https://warosu.org/data/vr/img/0009/37/1374888404962.jpg

supermonkeyjoe
2014-07-21, 11:17 AM
A warforged of any class/build, with a pretty boring sounding name like Albert Jones, wanders around wearing normal clothing and if anyone points out that he's a construct he mocks surprise as if he has only just noticed himself.

A warforged (probably not a bard) that has decided to devote himself to the arts, however being created only 3 years ago means he has no idea how thing such as songs and art work, he tries though, he tries so terribly hard, especially with the jokes.

The other trick I like is 3.5 specific, urban druid from cityscape has an alternate class feature that lets you wildshape into animated objects instead of elementals, did I hear someone say transform and roll out?

Optimator
2014-07-21, 03:48 PM
A beatboxing warforged Bard with Words of Creation and other IC boosters, along with Improved Resiliency so you can beatbox all day and night! Name him Roland TR-909.

The Glyphstone
2014-07-21, 03:52 PM
Take the feat that gives you a bite attack. Name yourself Ohm, adopted son of the noble house N'Ohm.

Your full name is Ohm N'Ohm of House N'Ohm.

iceman10058
2014-07-21, 06:54 PM
make a holy gun paladin with warforged to make robocop!

Fable Wright
2014-07-21, 07:20 PM
Play a Shapeshifter Druid. You are now a transformer. (You retain the Living Construct type while shapeshifted.) Proceed to play as your favorite Dinobot or Beast Wars character.

inexorabletruth
2014-07-21, 08:32 PM
My wife and I played Warforged Monks, themed as Rockem Sockem Robots who would frequently break out into a non-lethal flurry of blows when we argued. I was R.E.D and she was B.L.U.E.

I genuinely loved playing that game and was quite disappointed when it ended.

I also built a warforged fighter and a whole culture behind it that I thought was really cool. The plan was every time a part of his living construct body received damage, he repaired it with construct parts, trying to kill his "humanity" in hopes that one day he could be like the juggernaut brigade. I put a lot of thought into the game plot and the warforged history for the game. Unfortunately, the character wasn't approved because the DM decided that warforged didn't exist in the setting. Que sera, sera. Here's the backstory in spoilers, because it's kind of long...

Tall and thickly built with heavy adamantine armor, Daruspar 22 is imposing to look at. His eyes are green when he has not acquired a target or is not in combat, red when he is in combat, and yellow when in need of repair. Daruspar 22 has a beak-like jaw, a short neck, broad chest plating and broad, heavy feet.
Daruspar-22 lives for war and exists only to advance the goals and defend the territories of Dar and the Sapphire of the South. He does have a few aspirations, thought. Daruspar-22 wishes to become part of an elite task force of Juggernauts. Therefore, as parts of his living construct components become damaged in battle he replaces them with newer, non-magical, components, rejecting the birthright of his ancient ancestry. The newer components glow with a feint, blue light.
The Pyatharn county, home of the third largest oasis in Dar and the Sapphire Springs, saw an opportunity to rise to prominence within the tattered remains of the kingdoms are Dar when an excavation of an ancient tomb within their territories revealed a factory and storage facility for self-mechanized suits of armor. The logs found within, once interpreted, described the automatons as Warforged. Count Quarion Pyatharn summoned his finest crafters and scientists to the facility to figure out how to make them work. Six months of grueling study and dangerous experimentation, as the Darie usurpers steadily crushed the Daran defenders, resulted in an amazing discovery: although no magic remained to awaken these creations, the sapphire gems that sometimes filtered into the Sapphire Springs could capture enough light radiation to power the machines.

The first to awaken, Blue-1, stopped running shortly after walking into any level of shadow. But further research on energy storage created the first Blue Energy soldiers. Smaller, weaker Warforged used mostly as cannon fodder and reconnaissance. But with time, the technology could be used to power larger, stronger Warforged like the ones used today. Thus the Dar Automaton Forces were formed, with three divisions: Daravel, Darather and Daruspar. The Darather, Shield of Dar were sent to the retreating lines to bottleneck the advancing invaders and give Darran troupes time to heal and resupply. The Daravel, Sword of Dar were sent out as assassins to target key political and military leaders of Darie, while the Daruspar was sent to the front lines to help reinforce the troops already in place. Thanks to the addition of these mechanical wonders that need no food or sleep and exist only to defend the interests of Dar the momentum of the war has changed, restoring hope to the people of Dar at last... and lining the already deep pockets of the Count, who hopes to use this opportunity to rule what is left of Dar AND Darie after this whole mess is over.

Cronocke
2014-07-24, 04:44 AM

Warforged paladin. Body sculpted in the shape of a stylized suit of golden armor, with a wolf-like head. Spells and powers use golden lens flares and/or green fire for visual effects. Summoned horse is also made of golden metal. Adamantine Body feat not required, but highly encouraged - Mithral Body would also work. Be unemotional and distant, yet simultaneously highly protective of your fellow party members. Swing around a greatsword or bastard sword, but do not use a shield. Give yourself a name in another (non-English) language where part or all of the name means either "fang", like the Hebrew name Niv, or "talon", or "wolf".

If anyone recognizes this reference, kudos to you.

Beleriphon
2014-07-24, 05:14 AM
Somewhere else I mentioned a slate-gray warforged paladin with a hand-crossbow side arm. Robocop. :smalltongue:

This one requires a red ioun stone and a blue ioun stone.

Physics_Rook
2014-07-24, 06:27 AM
A warforged factotum named Chatterbox.

Picking up a little bit of every kind of life he hears about, trying to figure out where he fits in as a person. :smallsmile:

DigoDragon
2014-07-24, 07:28 AM
(4e) Be a barbarian. Multiclass monk with the feat that grants you the monk's unarmed strike. Take the feat that lets you throw off-hand weapons. You can now throw your fists.

That's awesome! In a post-apocalypse styled D&D game the party fought an iron golem with a "rocket punch" ability not unlike your idea. Yours is a bit more efficient I think.

Spore
2014-07-24, 09:33 AM
Play a Shapeshifter Druid. You are now a transformer. (You retain the Living Construct type while shapeshifted.) Proceed to play as your favorite Dinobot or Beast Wars character.

Good lord!

I HAVE to do this!

GPuzzle
2014-07-24, 10:31 AM
You know, someone actually made Darth Vader and Mr. Smith in 4e (some can say that Mr. Smith is not exactly Mr. Smith, but it's a pun on CharOp's slang for Hammer+Shield user rather than a total reference).

AND THEY'RE THAT F*CKING AWESOME.

Amphetryon
2014-07-24, 06:49 PM
Be a Rogue with a trading/smuggling/fencing stolen goods focus. Work with the DM to allow storage compartments, normally used to hold components, to hold smuggled goods instead.

GorinichSerpant
2014-07-25, 04:19 AM
I don't know what class or build this would make sense with, but be a butler/servant of one of the other PCs. Your different body parts are utilitys to serve your master. Say you can unfold into a chair with cup holders, and if you have an attack that deals fire damage you can refluff it into a stove that you use to cook on or an ironing iron. This also gives you more puns to work with.
"Looks like your face is wrinkled, I'll help with that" for example.

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-25, 05:00 AM
@GorinchSerpant: You could totally take the Kensai class for that. Declare the other PC as your lord, make your arms and legs your chosen weapon, and give them the Morphing and Sizing enchantments. They can now become any weapon. And since literally anything can be an improvised weapon, that includes things like chair legs, cup holders and so on...

Psyren
2014-07-27, 03:16 PM
One of my favorites was an empty warforged husk that ended up possessed by an entire menagerie of animal and magical beast spirits. Class of course was Totemist. He always spoke in first-person plural too (think Ermac from Mortal Kombat.)

Sith_Happens
2014-07-28, 04:02 AM
How are we on the second page without anyone mentioning the oldest Goofy Warforged Concept in the book:

A Gnome in a power suit.

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-28, 06:14 AM
How are we on the second page without anyone mentioning the oldest Goofy Warforged Concept in the book:

A Gnome in a power suit.How about a gnome with permanent Enlarge Person who's actually a Warforged Scout in a very realistic power suit?

falloutimperial
2014-07-28, 09:45 AM
First came LE-Winter, whose metal heart was twisted and black.

Then came CE-Spring, who would see the earth reborn without the other races.

Then came LG-Summer, as kind as the creator and axiomatic as clockwork.

Last came you, CG-Autumn. The creator died before he could activate you. You have never met your brothers, but you know they're out there. You're trying to learn about the world, trying to make sense of what the creator didn't tell you. And your brothers are out there. And you love each other.

And you're painted with Autumnal camouflage.

vasharanpaladin
2014-07-29, 11:15 PM
How about a gnome with permanent Enlarge Person who's actually a Warforged Scout in a very realistic power suit?

How about a chain-smoking living golem powered by booze who wants to kill all gnomes?

Or take up a brilliant energy longsword and a red shield, paint yourself blue and white and just be RX-78. But still kill every gnome that exists, because they deserve nothing less.

Psyren
2014-07-30, 10:10 AM
How about a gnome with permanent Enlarge Person who's actually a Warforged Scout in a very realistic power suit?

Warforged Scouts are already Small so no need for the enlarge.

Red Fel
2014-07-30, 10:34 AM
Okay. Step one, Warforged with a lion motif. Gold on black. Adamantine Body, grab the Roaring enhancement.

Step two, get components. Lots of components. Attached, not embedded. (I know, I'll get letters.) Have them all look like assorted debris, purely cosmetic, despite functioning normally. See if your DM will let you use a Ring of Arming to attach them all at once. Have a catch transformation phrase for when you activate them. Bonus points if you can get that set of artifact Warforged wings.

Step three, Warblade with IUS, into Bloodstorm Blade. Rocket Punches have already been mentioned; this takes it up to 11. Get a Necklace of Natural Weapons, enhance your fists as Throwing weapons. Fire them with all your neat BSB abilities. Make them flaming, thundering, whatever you want.

Get a giant hammer. Really huge. Take the penalty and don't stop to care about it for one second.

You are GaoGaiGar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udKNPnfHP1c).

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-30, 01:06 PM
Warforged Scouts are already Small so no need for the enlarge.Gnomes are also small, though. Hence the need to bump 'em up to medium. It's power-suit, not, like, skin-suit.

Cronocke
2014-07-30, 04:56 PM
Okay. Step one, Warforged with a lion motif. Gold on black. Adamantine Body, grab the Roaring enhancement.

Step two, get components. Lots of components. Attached, not embedded. (I know, I'll get letters.) Have them all look like assorted debris, purely cosmetic, despite functioning normally. See if your DM will let you use a Ring of Arming to attach them all at once. Have a catch transformation phrase for when you activate them. Bonus points if you can get that set of artifact Warforged wings.

Step three, Warblade with IUS, into Bloodstorm Blade. Rocket Punches have already been mentioned; this takes it up to 11. Get a Necklace of Natural Weapons, enhance your fists as Throwing weapons. Fire them with all your neat BSB abilities. Make them flaming, thundering, whatever you want.

Get a giant hammer. Really huge. Take the penalty and don't stop to care about it for one second.

You are GaoGaiGar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udKNPnfHP1c).
Man, nobody got my Garo reference.
Oh, oh! I've got another!

LG Warforged that looks like an exaggeratedly large and muscular man wearing a suit (from a distance, anyway - up close, the plating and such gives away that he's a warforged). As in your example, use IUS and a Necklace of Natural Weapons, though the BSB levels are less recommended. Crusader levels might work here in place of Warblade. Also make sure to always max Diplomacy and Intimidate at every level. Be the party's face man, handling all negotiations and public speaking with calm coolness. Before you initiate combat, declare that you are condemning your foes in the name of your creator. Admonish wizards to only use their powers in the name of one of the setting's good gods.

Answer only to the name Omega. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xzhyp431c)

Psyren
2014-07-31, 12:39 AM
Gnomes are also small, though. Hence the need to bump 'em up to medium. It's power-suit, not, like, skin-suit.

This is odd logic to me. Iron Man is not a different size category than Tony Stark. And even an Astral Juggernaut Aegis does not change size categories (though it can at least get Powerful Build.)