PDA

View Full Version : The Temple of Inari XXXIX

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Fenric
2007-03-01, 08:13 PM
You have entered the temple of Inari, in her capacity as the Goddess of Foxes.

You walk down an elegant white gravel pathway between full-grown pines. Stone lanterns provide a pure white light to the path, while casting elegant shadows among the trees.

At the end of the pathway, a bright red gate stands. A large fox carved from white alabaster gleams at each side of the gate. As you pass between the foxes and through the gate, you feel the presence of the goddess. Gentle and caring, but mischievous and lighthearted, you are never quite certain what will happen.

Past the exquisite formal gardens, you finally step into the pagoda itself. There, at the end of chamber is a raised dais. There rests a statue of a beautiful werefox woman, flanked by two snow-white celestial foxes. Offerings of rice and incense stand before the statue.

In a niche off to the right side of the door sits a Fox-Cola vending machine. Next to the coin slot, the sign reads "10 cp";.

To the left side of the door is a magic mirror. This mirror is actually a portal to Trog's Tavern.

Temple Maphttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/NewTempleMap.gif
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/TempleUnderground.gif
Temple Viewhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Temple.gif
Profile for InariAlignment: Chaotic Good
Primary Domains: Good, Plant, Chaos, Healing
Secondary Domains: Magic, Sun, Animal, Trickery, Knowledge, Water
Forbidden Domains: Evil, Law, War, Death, Destruction

Goddess of the cultivation and growth of rice, including rice products. This gives her minor coverage for fertility. She is also the racial goddess of foxes, werefoxes, and kitsune.

Priest Granted Powers

Rice Paddy: Once per day
As Entangle, but the ground changes to knee-deep mud, and instead of creepers, mature rice plants twist and writhe to grapple anything in the area.

Sushi Bar: Once per day
You create rice, fish, and sake. You can create enough to feed one medium sized creature for each two caster levels.

Summon Celestial Fox: Special
You summon an image of Myobi (if you are a priestess) or Myobu (if you are a priest). The fox has HD equal to your level plus your wisdom bonus. In combat, the fox fights the same as a normal fox, but with appropriate bonuses for HD.

Cumulative Fox Abilities
{table="Head"]Priest Level|Times per Day|Special
1|1|Fight, scout, and Cure Minor Wounds
3|2|Cure Light Wounds
5|3|Status
7|4|Magic Circle Against Evil
9|4|Cure Serious Wounds[/table]
Temple Facilities

Everything but the Sanctuary and Garden has Dimensional Lock. The entire facility is Hallowed as per the spell with the Bless effect.

- Sanctuary: the main sanctuary has the altar. This is where you must pray to speak to the goddess directly. There is a general magic circle in the center of the room.

- Meditation Gardens: accessed through a door at the far end of the sanctuary. This is a standard zen garden with raked gravle, shady nooks, picturesque pines, stone lanterns, and small intricate bridges. An artifical stream hosts large koi, and a grand cherry tree resides on a picturesque island in the middle of a good sized pond.

- Priest's Quarters: accessed by going down the stairs "halfway down the sanctuary, to the right", which leads to a covered pathway (technically under the garden).

- Summoning chamber (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31471)

Priests
Chairman and High Priest: Exachix NorZilliar(PC)

Council of Head Priests
{table]Head of Services|<vacancy>
Head of Clerics|Atreyu, The Masked Llama (PC)
Head of Accounts|Valathe (PC, Hoseki)
Head of Healers|<vacancy>
Head of Facilities|Hachiro (NPC)
Secretary|Anna (PC, seftsirag)[/table]Priests

Aramir (PC, Kyrian/Ares)
Rain (PC)
Aikidu (PC, guest cleric: not a priest of Inari)
Voxendi (PC, Gezina)
Knight Defenders of the Faith
This is a prestige class developed with the help of Fenric, Earin, Kantur, Planeshifter, Rilik, Exachix, and Psionic Devotee. Here is the SRD-style Description. (http://homepage.mac.com/stocksdale_tx/KnightDefenderOfInari.html)

Ilias (PC)
Aikidu (PC)
Conrad (PC, Kyrian)
Karsen (PC, Exachix)

Kantur
2007-03-01, 08:16 PM
Guilt and shame, the classic combo. I hate to admit it, but, old family sword aside, I'm near pennyless. Or was until a few hours...I'm sure you can see where it's leading. Saw a guy in fancier than normal clothes in Trog's, saw it as an opportunity to solve my problem for a few more days...

Deadly
2007-03-01, 08:18 PM
(huzzah! Its Deadly!)

((Heh :)))

Deadly sits down and hums a melody to himself while eating his muffin.

Fenric
2007-03-01, 08:23 PM
Fenric arches an eyebrow

hmm... That doesn't sound particularly good.

Kantur
2007-03-01, 08:26 PM
I'm hardly proud of it...

Fenric
2007-03-01, 08:39 PM
Fenric sighs

Whatever shall we do with you? Perhaps we should start arranging another adventure.

Kantur
2007-03-01, 08:42 PM
Got one handy?

Deadly
2007-03-01, 08:43 PM
Deadly goes into the garden, walks around a bit, then disappears

((Goodnight))

Fenric
2007-03-01, 08:54 PM
Fenric shakes his head

One battle coming up, but that won't yield much in the way of profit. There's another waiting up in WinterHearth, though...

Kantur
2007-03-01, 08:56 PM
Sounds interesting...I'll think on it and get back to you.

Fenric
2007-03-01, 09:05 PM
Fenric nods

Certainly. And now, I must be going.

Fenric bows politely, then disappears in a swirl of blue-tinged shadows

(( Goodnight. ))

Kantur
2007-03-01, 09:06 PM
Kantur heads out of the temple

Fenric
2007-03-02, 06:15 PM
Fenric appears in a swirl of blue-tinged shadows, and Myobi steps out of a shimmering of blue light. The two grin at each other, then start hustling the acolytes along with the preparations for the party!

Deadly
2007-03-02, 06:22 PM
Ilias wanders in and looks around Something going on?

Fenric
2007-03-02, 06:29 PM
Myobi grins at Ilias

It is the full moon, Ilias.

Deadly
2007-03-02, 06:33 PM
Ilias blinks Oh... right. How could I fail to notice that...

Fenric
2007-03-02, 06:45 PM
The foxes chuckle and continue to bustle about.

Deadly
2007-03-02, 06:51 PM
Ilias shrugs a bit and walks out into the garden to take a good look at the moon

Wukei
2007-03-02, 06:52 PM
Mikhail walks in, his tail tucked between his legs, and his head drooping. There's a large gash across his jaw, though it's obviously at least a day old, and a bruise the size of a fist accompanying it.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 06:54 PM
Fenric turns when he hears Mikhail enter, and stops short

My goodness! What happened to you?

Fenric walks over to Mikhail

Do you want help?

Wukei
2007-03-02, 06:55 PM
He shakes his head, smiling. No...it's okay...I just took someone's suggestion and said no to my father...not that it helped...

Fenric
2007-03-02, 07:18 PM
Fenric sighs

I'm sorry... You're welcome to come to the party tonight!

(( And I've got to get dinner ))

Wukei
2007-03-02, 07:19 PM
Mikhail tilts his head in confusion.

Deadly
2007-03-02, 07:57 PM
Ilias sighs and sits down under a tree in the garden, staring at the sky.

((And unfortunatly it seems I'll have to miss the party. Goodnight))

Fenric
2007-03-02, 08:44 PM
Fenric grins

It's the full of the moon!

Myobi laughs as well, and heads out into the gardens.

There, the lanterns glow with colorless silvery light. The buffet tables are laden with moon cakes, fish, sweet rice cakes, tea, sake, beer and wine, fruit, nuts, and many other tasty treats.

The March Full Moon Party has Begun!

Wukei
2007-03-02, 08:45 PM
Mikhail steps out to look, eyes narrowed in confusion at why the full moon deserves a party.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 08:48 PM
Fenric turns to Mikhail

While our kind is not tied to the phases of the moon, we still revere the change as a symbol of our own alterations: the moon being the ultimate symbol of the constant yet orderly change that is chaos. Moreover, as an agricultural deity, the passing of months has a substantial signifiance to the crops and creatures that we watch over.

Therefore we mark this night as a time to celebrate life and the changes it brings.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 08:50 PM
*Atreyu trots into the temple, Kint and Ala in werefox costumes are riding on his back.*

"Please let us be real werefoxes."
"We won't bite anyone, we promise."
"I promised your mom and dad no new templates when they returned for you and I'm gonna keep that."
"We'll stay elves around them. We'll only be foxes at school and stuff."
"So your teacher will send home a note asking why you keep wanting mice for lunch, instead of Lembas like the rest of the kids?"
"Ummm...."
"Alright, we're here. Off ya go. Find some of the other fox kits and get a game going. I'm gonna help set up a bit."

*The kids scamper off and Atreyu starts moving food*

*The llama notices that he was simu'ed and that the party has already begun*

Wukei
2007-03-02, 08:50 PM
Mikhail nods and finds a spot against the wall where he can remain inconspicuous.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 08:53 PM
Slinking into the temple, the displacer beast takes in the sights of the party beginning. Interesting...

Fenric
2007-03-02, 08:54 PM
From the shadows along the wall, a familiar fox steps out next to Mikhail.

Hi there, stranger. Come to see the party? Sake takes some getting used to, but Dad serves the best.

Fenric chuckles and heads over to see Atreyu

Hey there, stranger.

Myobi waves to the displacer.

Wukei
2007-03-02, 08:56 PM
Mikhail yips happily and tackles Kazuki. I've missed you! Feeling the ache from his jaw he turns quickly to hide the injury from his lover.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 08:59 PM
The displacer beast flicks a tentacle in greeting and a self-assured smile appears on his face. A... moon festival. Intriguing.

Fenric
Kazuki both notes the injury and notices the attempt to hide. He finally picks a mature response

I've missed you too: sorry I've been so busy. No sooner do things settle down in my personal life than work gets busy. Why does everyone in the town suddenly have to summon shadows? Doesn't anyone realize that these guys have families? And the getting killed here still hurts?

Kazuki's ears fold down

Sorry... ranting a bit there... I just get tired of consoling widows and orphans...

Myobi smiles and nods, and repeats Fenric's description from earlier on the previous page.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
*He wags and grins, smirking* "Don't you recognize me? Oh yeah, it must be the mask. I forget people don't recognize me with it on."

*The costumed foxes seem to have found a game of chasing a few of the real foxes around*

Fenric
2007-03-02, 09:01 PM
Fenric laughs

Thanks for coming, Atreyu. Wouldn't be the same without you... Do you have a poem for this month? March is the first month of spring (at least, according to the book of tea)

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 09:02 PM
The displacer beasts mouth salivates a little at the sight of the llama. He carefully diverts his hungry instincts by attaching himself to some of the food provided. People tend to get angry if you eat their friends.

Wukei
2007-03-02, 09:03 PM
Mikhail bites his lip. The shadows are not the only ones who have lost family in our little group. Wukei's granddaughter has died. There may have been more to die had they not had that huge fight yesterday...Lykan cast Holy Word and left me blind and deaf for most of it...I wondered if it weren't on purpose... His ears droop a bit.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 09:04 PM
"Yeah! Once I finally stopped trying to use silver to describe the moon, it went a lot easier."

*He removes the pouch at his side and starts rummaging through it for the poem*

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 09:10 PM
Poetry? His tentacles flick back and forth as he contemplates a poem of his own, however, perhaps the poetry of others will help to inspire him.

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 09:11 PM
Hawkeye walks through the mirror and looks around.

Fenric
Fenric chuckles

Wait, wait... wait until the formal invitation: it is bad luck to give a poem early!

Kazuki hugs Mikhail

It's been a bad month all around, Mikhail. But things are turning around now... Dad's back, and he's a full avatar. Krystal and Izumi will be back soon, and then we'll go smash those nasty spellweavers once and for all... and we'll find something... somehow...

As Kazuki trails off into uncertainty, Myobi raises her unmistakable voice, augmented at last by her godly power

WELCOME, FRIENDS, TO THE MARCH FULL-MOON PARTY. WE MAY NOT HAVE MANAGED OUR ORIGINAL GOAL OF EVERY MONTH, BUT WE ARE STILL HERE! JOIN US NOW AND CELEBRATE THE FULL HEIGHT OF THE EVER-CHANGING NATURE OF LIFE!

Inuk comes over to Hawkeye

Hello. You Hawkeye? I hear much of you and friendlyness with god Fenric.

Krystal and Izumi both waddle out and get fed fish and dainties by the acolytes. They chatter away in a strangely unrecognizable form of vulpine.

Wukei
Wukei steps out after Hawkeye, holding tightly to his arm.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 09:12 PM
Xeni slips in from the mirror, looking around.
Nice place.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 09:15 PM
An NPC priest smiles and directs Xeni to the buffet tables, assuring him that the hosts will be around soon.

A large contingent of werefoxes from WinterHearth arrive, including Fenric's brothers Zak and Ran. Yectas also makes an appearance, grabbing some food and talking quietly to Zak.

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 09:16 PM
Maph'tey pokes his head out of the mirror, glancing around the sanctuary.

"Ooh. Much more festive than the last time I was here," he comments as he steps through. He leans over to Xeni. "Do you have any idea what holy day they're celebrating here? Or is it just the new moon?"

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 09:18 PM
Hawkeye gives a reassuring smile at Wukei and he leads her into the gardens, nodding and saying hello to everyone he bumps into that he knows.

Wukei
2007-03-02, 09:19 PM
Mikhail continues to cling to Kazuki for fear of him disappearing again, grinning as he sees all the festivities getting started.

Wukei, the very opposite of Mikhail in this situation, seems to be trying to make herself as small as possible.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 09:20 PM
*Atreyu rearranges his stuff and puts the poem back on top.* "Okay. I'd hate to have more bad luck. Yikes."

*He goes to the buffet tables and stands by the rice, hoping one of those opposable thumbed folks will get him some to eat.*

*He waves at Hawkeye and Wu, bleating happily to see them, probably much to Wu's dismay.*

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 09:20 PM
I think the full moon may be a holy day...But to be honest, I'm not really sure.
He shrugs apologetically and looks over at the buffet tables, nodding at the NPC priest.

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 09:22 PM
Hawkeye walks into the gardens and finds a quite secluded spot for them both "You really don't like this Wu..."

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 09:24 PM
"Ah, ok then," the traveler responds. He selects a rice ball and begins to gnaw on it. "Eh, not bad."

Maph'tey regards Atrayu for a moment.

"I don't think I've met you before. I'm Maph'tey," he offers his hand, then considers the fact that the llama lacks hands. Hmmmm.

Wukei
2007-03-02, 09:24 PM
Wukei smiles at him, though the smile seems forced. Sorry, being surrounded by people makes me feel caged. But you go have fun, I'll be right here...you should mingle.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 09:27 PM
*The llama extends a hoof to Maph'tey.* "I'm Atreyu. Umm...You're gonna have to do the actual shaking part of the ritual."

Fenric
2007-03-02, 09:27 PM
The very pregnant vixens find a quiet corner to rest.

Myobi comes over to Wukei

Still don't like crowds? Don't worry, Wukei, we have always been your friends, and always will be: even if it doesn't make sense.

An NPC Priest explains the fairly nominal significance of the Full Moon to Maph'tey and Xeni, and concludes with the standard explanation:

Inari is the goddess of rice.

The plant itself. The cultivation of it. The products made from it.

She has countless billions of worshippers spread across the various planes of existance. There are three avatars solely devoted to rice: The Traveller, Myobi, and Daikiniten.

We are her children. Inari created foxes to watch over the grain and eat the birds and rodents that would destroy the sacred plant. Kitsune are her especial messengers: sacred foxes endowed with the ability to take on human or elvish form.

Werefoxes arose from the Iron Woods, when the great wolf Fenrir dwelt there with his mother. She experimented with various canid animals: jackals, foxes, hyenas... All of us are descended from the great wolf, and therefore from Loki himself. We are accepted by Inari due to our vulpine heritage. Myobu is the avatar of foxes.

After a large group of us migrated from Hel's domain to the Plane of Shadow, we took on the characteristics of that plane. Thousands of years of living there made us a distinct sub-species: the shadow-foxes. I am the avatar of the shadow-foxes.

Inari is an agricultural and racial goddess. She is concerned predominantly with nurturing and growth. She is good, but it is the quiet good of the countryside rather than the formalized good of high society. We don't go on crusades. We don't try to win converts or convince people to change their beliefs. We don't really feel a conflict with "evil" beings at all, unless they threaten us directly.

Finally, since rice is a critical component in many economies across the multiverse, she is revered as a goddess of wealth and prosperity as well.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 09:28 PM
Xeni walks over to the buffet table, examining all the various foods. He notes the llama with a smile.
Can't say I've met a talking llama before, how's life for you?
He blinks at the thorough explanation of moon's importance.
Wow. That's interesting...

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 09:28 PM
"Wu, don't only do things just because it'd make me happy...what I don't want is you to be uneasy or afraid."

Wukei
2007-03-02, 09:30 PM
Wukei smiles at Myobi. And I'll visit...when the place isn't crowded on purpose.

She looks to Hawkeye. Don't worry. It's okay.

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 09:30 PM
Maph'tey shakes the llama's eerr hoof.

"Nice to meet you Atreyu," he points at the symbol around the pack animal's neck. "So are you a priest here or a worshiper?"

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 09:31 PM
The beast notices Xeni talking to the llama. "This will... be my second meeting with a talking llama." His speech is slow but intelligent, and his voice grates over the words.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 09:36 PM
*He extends a hoof to Xeni* "Life is great. I'm no longer secretly serving an evil deity and I can hold my mate again. What more could I ask for?" *He grins* "I'm not the only talking llama around, but I'm the most prominent one."

*He turns to Maph'tey* "I'm a priest, but I'm only first level."

(For the record, besides his amulet and mask, Atreyu is also wearing a black collar with blue gems in it. On the collar is a name tag that says "Atreyu" he also has a bag tied to his waist with a string. I think that about covers physical description)

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 09:43 PM
Hawkeye smiles at Wukei and then wanders into the crowd trying to find a face he knows.

Wukei
2007-03-02, 09:44 PM
Wukei relaxes, watching the crowd from a safe distance away.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 09:44 PM
Xeni shakes Atreyu's hoof.
Nice to meet you Atreyu, my name's Xeni. So you guys hold these parties every full-moon?
((in case anyone decides to wonder where got the name, he looked at the nametag and took a guess))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 09:48 PM
"Yeah. Well, we try, but sometimes things get in the way, like dark gods or people trapped in Limbo, or we all just get busy, but we're trying for a party every full moon. Are you enjoying yourself?"

Fenric
2007-03-02, 09:51 PM
(( Most of my multitude of characters are present: Fenric, Myobi, Myobu, Inuk'Chula, Zak-ziril (Zak), Randan (Ran), Krystal, Izumi, Yectas, and all seven kits: Karl (formerly Kyrian), Ferdar, Yoshiro, Ayame, Kirana, Karina, and Kazuki ))

Fenric wanders over to Wukei

Hello, Wukei. How are you doing?

Kazuki grabs a glass of Sake, finding Karl indulging as well

Well! Been a while since Uncle Kyrian kept us away from the booze table, hasn't it?

Karl laughs and nods.

Wukei
2007-03-02, 09:54 PM
Mikhail grabs some sake as well.

Wukei nods to Fenric. I'd be better if I were home. No offense to your party, it looks great.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 10:01 PM
He grabs a few rice balls and offers one to Atreyu.
Yep, don't remember the last party I went to, probably has something to do with my massive amnesia. Just makes it all the more fun.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 10:03 PM
*The llama munches happily on a rice ball*

"Amnesia? That's where you don't remember things, right? I'm sorry about that"

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 10:05 PM
Hawkeye waves to the masked one "Hiya Atreyu"

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 10:08 PM
"Yeah... serving an evil god would be bad. And getting captured by them. And so forth," Maph'tey responds conversationally once he manages to slip out of Dead Time. "I've had some trouble with evil cultists lately. Fortunately I have," he looks as Xeni, trying to decide if friend would be the proper term to describe him. "Friends to help me out with that."

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 10:09 PM
Xeni waves his arm dismissively.
I try not to worry about it too much, prefer cheerier topics. Though I occasionally wonder what my life was like.
He proceeds to eat a few rice balls, nodding his head approvingly. He looks over at Maph'tey, grinning.
Was completely glad to help.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 10:09 PM
*The llama blushes embarrassedly whenever evil cultists are mentioned* "If it was my cult, I'm really sorry."

*He waves to Hawkeye.* "Hiya Hawkeye. How's things?"

"That's good advice, Xeni. Found a place to live in Town yet?"

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 10:16 PM
Maph'tey quirks an eyebrow.

"You have an evil cult?" he thinks for a moment. "Oh. Oh. You mean the cult you were rescued from," He takes another bite from his rice ball. "Unfortunately I do have an evil cult at the moment. I'm currently trying to get rid of it."

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 10:16 PM
Hawkeye nods at Atreyu "Same as usual Atryeu, things could be better, things could be worse. How's you?"

Wukei
2007-03-02, 10:17 PM
Wukei rests against a tree, her eyelids getting heavy. She watches the party quietly until she falls asleep.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 10:19 PM
Have I found a place to live? Well usually I have inconveniant bouts of unconsciousness in Trog's and I spend most of my time there so it probably counts. I should probably get a room there. I'll just take Rizzen's, I doubt he'll mind.
He rubs his shoulder, considering bringing his arm back for sheer conveniance.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 10:26 PM
"Things are good Hawkeye. I'm free from the cult of Dark Iames and I'm no longer stuck as a shadow. Kerrigan hasn't been after me in a long time and I think she's returned to where she came and I've been able to spend a lot of time with Pxp lately."

"I hear lots of people live in Trog's now, Xeni. Its a good place, but i think I passed a new apt complex on my way here. You may want to try it, and there is always the Sleeping Elf Inn."

"Good luck Maph'tey. I don't want anything else to do with evil cults, but I do need to try to rescue my friends from the one we were in, but that's for another day with more plot"

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 10:30 PM
Ekrath appears, with blood running down his face. He smiles, despite numerous injuries to his chest and sides as well. He wears a cloak, covering up most of his body. He speaks but his voice falters with pain.
H-Hey all.

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 10:31 PM
"Thanks. It won't be hard. Or even anything I'll need help with. It will just take a while," the Traveler creates a stool composed of some strange glassy substance and takes a seat. "But if you want I would be more than happy to give you a hand with your evil cult problem. No need to thank me or anything, I'm just a helpful guy like that."

Wukei
2007-03-02, 10:32 PM
Mikhail, having enjoyed the sake a bit too much, passes out on a bench, his tail swishing peacefully.

(Unfortunately, I only wish I could feel as good as Mikhail does right now...g'night everyone.)

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 10:32 PM
Xeni nods, smiling.
I'll check them out.

A small mouse scurries in, looking around and avoiding people's feet.
Now where is the nearest table...

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 10:34 PM
Hawkeye grins at Atreyu "I've heard that you and Pxp have got together, well done to you Atreyu."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 10:34 PM
"Thanks, Maph'tey. I'll let you know if I need anything."
"Thanks Hawkeye. She's great. She knows just the right spot to scratch and I get that warm fuzzy feeling whenever I hold her and its different from the warm fuzzy feeling that I get from holding her because she's a half phoenix."

*He looks to Myobi, curious when he should begin his poem*

*the llama lets out a bleat of shock* "Ekrath? Do you want healing?"

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 10:35 PM
Ekrath nods, barely able to speak
So...so many goblins.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 10:36 PM
Myobi steps out from the assorted guests, a blue glow surrounding her

WELCOME, FRIENDS, CHILDREN, AND HONOURED GUESTS ALL! TONIGHT WE COME TOGETHER TO CELEBRATE THE BEST OF CHANGES OF LIFE: THE SEASONS, THE STAGES, THE PHASES ALL!

AS IS TRADITIONAL AND CUSTOMARY, NOW WE HAVE OUR POETRY COMPETITION. SPECIAL GIFTS AWAIT THOSE WHO WILL COME FORWARD AND PRESENT THEIR WORKS REGARDING SPRING, RENEWAL, AND OF COURSE, THE MOON HERSELF!

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 10:37 PM
"Ekrath? The wo/man from Gent's shop?" he glances over at the maimed fellow. "Oh. Ouch. Nice to see you not gender-bent anymore. Though I suggest you take the kind llama's offer. You look awful."

Maph'tey considers the announcement.

"Poetry? Gem cutting is more my thing..."

Wukei
2007-03-02, 10:38 PM
Mikhail wakes up enough to shout out, Wassat?! before quickly falling unconscious once more.

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 10:39 PM
Hawkeye walks back over to where Wukei is and puts an arm around her as she sleeps.

AmberVael
2007-03-02, 10:40 PM
Verdandi hesitantly steps inside the temple and ruffles her wings, then goes out to the gardens, her posture revealing uncertainty and timidness.
Her newly made sword fairly gleams at her side.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 10:43 PM
*The llama turns to the announcement with an excited yelp and he quickly pulls his poem out of the bag and trots up to Myobi, holding it out proudly*

*An exhausted Kint and Ala sit down to make listen checks*

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 10:44 PM
The displacer beast folds his tentacles over his shoulders and his paws over one another, assuming a relaxed pose and listening for the poetry of others before he will present his own.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 10:45 PM
Ekrath sits, bleeding and waiting for healing.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 10:46 PM
Fenric comes over to Verdandi with a smile

Hello, Verdandi. How are you this evening? Welcome to our party! Please, enjoy yourself, and should you feel inspired to poetry on the subjects of Spring, Renewal, or the Full Moon, please do share with us.

An NPC priest scurries over and heals Ekrath

There you go. Please, enjoy the party and try to hold any plot-related business until afterwards. The goddess has a tendency to act directly and immediately to put an end to any disruptions to the festivities.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 10:47 PM
*Atreyu looks back at Ekrath and cursing his short attention span, trots over to him and places a hoof on his shoulder while saying a prayer for healing to Myobu.*

*Then he looks over at Myobi. "May I go?"

Hawkeye
Hawkeye wanders over to Myobi and waits patiently.

AmberVael
Verdandi gives Fenric a small smile.
I guess I'm okay.

Rebonack
Maph'tey's eyes flair silver as he manifests Reality Revision to fully heal Ekrath.

"Hopefully this will work without turning you inside out. I can say that hasn't happened yet but..."

((Oo quadruple simu-post!))

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 10:49 PM
Ekrath sighs and after being healed smiles.
So worth it. I saved the eggs!

Fenric
2007-03-02, 10:50 PM
Myobi smiles at Atreyu

Yes, you may go.

(( Actually, you don't have to wait - post when you are ready. ))

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 10:51 PM
Xeni waits for Atreyu to begin his poem, smiling slightly at the happy atmosphere.

The mouse finds a chair and climbs up, leaping onto its table once he reaches the top.

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 10:52 PM
"What eggs were saved that were worth getting maimed over?" Maph'tey asks.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 10:54 PM
*Atreyu trots to the center of the crowd and lays the paper down at his feet, then he recites*

The moon will shine down upon us all
Lighting our path, so we will not fall
The sun shines on all day
but its too bright, I say
the moon is so much more beautiful

*when he's done, he gathers up the paper and looks to the crowd.*

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 10:55 PM
Ekrath lifts his cloak reveailing 4 large dragon eggs.
It's not so much the nature of the eggs, it's more what would've happened to them if I hadn't stepped in. These four, plus the one I'm keeping at my house, were going to be sacrifices to the goblin god when they hatched. We've determined that they are all good aligned, So I'm keeping one and giving the others to townspeople.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 10:55 PM
The displacer beast nods his head slowly in acknowledgement of the llama's poetry. With a tentacle flick, he stands and moves more towards the center of the room, waiting for the group's applause for the llama to die down a bit.

AmberVael
2007-03-02, 10:57 PM
Verdandi breaks away from the rest of the group, eventually going to the pond and looking out over it as she sits nearby.

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 10:58 PM
Maph'tey blinks at this.

"Shouldn't you, you know, find their parents? I'm sure they would be happy to get their kids back."

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 10:59 PM
Hawkeye walks in the room and waits for a good time to speak.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 11:01 PM
Ekrath gets a sad look in his eye.
We've tried. Although we are unaware of their species of dragon, we have discovered through some greater diety assistance that their parents were kille- well their lives were cut short, simply put.

Fenric
Myobi smies and bows in acknowledgement of Atreyu's powm, then looks around for the next presentation.

Fenric comes over to Hawkeye

Can I help you?

Inuk (( who's a ranger )) looks at the dragon eggs with an unhappy eye.

Raistlin1040
Ekrath looks at Inuk and raises an eyebrow.

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 11:03 PM
Hawkeye turns to Myobi "Oh, I'm just waiting for a point in time to read a poem I thought of about spring."

Nevrmore
The strange automoton stood outside of the temple, staring into it with soulless eyes.

"A haven for these unnatural beasts. They must all be judged." He attempts to peer inside to try and see how many he can spot. "I cannot go blindly inside and try to subdue them all. That would be out of my power. Perhaps I should try a different approach." He walks around the side of the building, examining its structural integrity, "Perhaps it is time to cry 'Havoc.'"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
*Atreyu trots over to the kids and lays down with them*

Good job, Muffy.

Chaotic Bob
Xeni walks over to Ekrath.
So you're passing the responsibility off to others? I'd be willing to help one if they are not all claimed.

The mouse at this time makes his way through the various foods, looking for something he will eat.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 11:04 PM
Assuming the room is fairly quiet now, the displacer beast recites his poetry, in as poetic a voice as a displacer beast can muster, his tentacles flicking out of habit all the while:

The cold winter mist,
Shimmering effortlessly
Against the cloak of
Darkness, returns to the bright,
Shining embrace of the moon.

Trickling through the trees,
Moonlight dappled against the ground
Dancing amidst the
Newborn leaves as the warm breeze
Gently whispers “coming spring.”

It is obvious he has been mentally reciting this so that his usual speech patterns didn't interfere with the flow of the poetry.

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 11:04 PM
"Ah... I see," Maph'tey considers this. "I hope you can find some people around Town with experience raising elemental energy spitting magical reptiles. I understand they can be a handful."

AmberVael
2007-03-02, 11:06 PM
Verdandi curls her wings around herself, remembering some of the first times she sat where she is now.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 11:08 PM
Xeni walks over to Ekrath.
So you're passing the responsibility off to others? I'd be willing to help one if they are not all claimed.

The mouse at this time makes his way through the various foods, looking for something he will eat.
Ekrath shakes his head.
I'm keeping one, but I can't exactly keep 5 dragons at my house, certainly not after they get a bit older.
(To Maph'tey) I want the dragons to have foster parents. Not just people who want to command a dragon.

Nevrmore
2007-03-02, 11:08 PM
The machination attempts to dig his fingers inside the outer wall of the temple, wondering if it will be insulated from his electricity.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 11:13 PM
Krystal waddles over to Verdandi and looks up at her

Hey there, Verdandi... why so glum?

Myobi claps happily for the displacer and looks around to see who will be next.

Inuk shakes his head

Dragon egg need care careful. Dragon young need meat much. Town not ready dragon many for.

Fenric looks seemingly through the wall and mutters darkly about people who would be better off in their own realm in Ravenloft.

(( The walls are granite blocks from quarries in the mountains. They are smoothed and whitewashed, but otherwise mundane.

The sanctuary is heavy wooden beams with stone walls. It is under the same set of "Protection From" spells that I put on Trog's: this includes a number of 2nd edition spells that don't exist in 3rd.

The rest of the compound is also Hallowed. ))

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 11:14 PM
((I hope your robot can shoot lasers from his eyes. Otherwise he sucks.))

"That's not what I mean at all," Maph'tey responds. "It would be like trying to raise a child that is as strong as you and breaths fire. Hence, they can be a real armful."

He also quirks an eyebrow at Inuk. Because I mean, seriously. Ugh the cave man stuff going on.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 11:15 PM
Xeni shrugs.
Makes sense I suppose.

The mouse finds some rice and begins to nibble on it, looking around as he does so.

AmberVael
Tears glimmer in Verdandi's eyes and she looks over at Krystal.
You haven't heard?

Raistlin1040
Ekrath looks over the four eggs.
So...anyone want to raise one? If so, you must swear to always protect it in it's time of need and to be as a parent to it.

Hawkeye
Hawkeye clears his throat and begins a piece he's prepared about spring

"Meadowlarks
give lusty cheers
when spring appears
when spring appears.

Buds and seeds
prick up their ears
and blades of grass
show eager spears.

And only icicles
weep tears
when spring appears
when spring appears"

Nevrmore
2007-03-02, 11:17 PM
((Dammit, Rebo, now I have to retcon.))

The robot decides not to use his Totally Awesome Laser Eyes© and instead tries to send a jolt of electricity through the wall.

Ms_Elaneous
2007-03-02, 11:17 PM
The displacer beast slinks around the party for the rest of the evening, eaves dropping on conversations and occasionally returning to the food. However, he does sit still to listen to any other poetry that arises.

(G'night all, bedtime. Important things in the morning. Wish me luck!)

McBish
2007-03-02, 11:20 PM
((Can your robot clean Koi Ponds? That skill might come in useful soon.))

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 11:22 PM
I'll offer to raise one.
Xeni eats the last of the rice balls he was carrying.

The mouse claps for the poem.
I think I like this place.

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 11:23 PM
((g'night Ms E and g'luck!))

Nevrmore
2007-03-02, 11:23 PM
((My robot can judge people as natural or unnatural and then kill them.))

Fenric
2007-03-02, 11:26 PM
Granite not being particularly conductive to electricty, and not absorbing much in the way of photons, is not impressed by either the lasers or the electricty.

The goddess, however, does notice. She decides to send the Secretary of Rice to talk to the robot.

Excuse me, sir. What, precisely, do you think it is that you are doing?

Myobi claps happily for Hawkeye's poem, and looks around for further entries.

Krystal shakes her head at Verdandi

No... I'm afraid I've been a bit out of touch for some time now. Kinda preoccupied of late

(( Inuk is not stupid, just speaks a language with a very different structure. I've been trying to learn Hindi, and it is far from easy to deal with a language that puts things in different places. ))

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 11:26 PM
"I'm going to have to decline," Maph'tey states. "I don't think I would make a very good parent for a magical lizard."

The universe is then convinced that another rice ball should be in Maph'tey's hand. And so there is.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 11:27 PM
Ekrath pulls out an egg and asks for the oath.

AmberVael
2007-03-02, 11:28 PM
Verdandi looks back at the pond, resting her head on top of her knees.
Iames and Aerin are... are just... gone.
The pain in her voice is very obvious. A few tears trickle down her cheeks.

Nevrmore
2007-03-02, 11:28 PM
((I'm assuming that the Secretary of Rice is a fox-person))

The cybernetic humanoid turns to look at the Secretary of Rice. His eyes turn from white to glowing red.

"Abomination, you have done well to submit yourself to judging. Nomiko i thanatos?"

Hawkeye
2007-03-02, 11:29 PM
Hawkeye smiles at the applause and bows slightly. He walks over to where Wukei is sleeping and puts an arm around her.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 11:30 PM
Krystal looks at Verdandi in utter shock

Iames??? Gone? And Aerin? Oh my... Verdandi....

Krystal looks for her father, but sees he is busy

Dad's loyalty may have gone to the celestial bureaucracy, but the rest of us... the children of Loki... will never forget. Please... if there is anything I can do...

The secretary sniffs

The cheek! We submit to nothing, and unless you would like to see the entire budget for your war efforts disappear, you would do well to take a less haughty tone, peasant! I am the secretary of rice. If I so choose, your entire department goes without funds. That means your god goes without, which very shortly means that YOU do.

I have already been killed here... twice. I am not in a good mood. The foxes are our children, and have been for over a hundred thousand years. The celestial emperor condones this, and you would do well to accept it.

(( And I will be happy to play along as long as it stays non-disruptive. Just a friendly warning that I consider full-moon night to be off-limits for plot. ))

AmberVael
2007-03-02, 11:32 PM
Verdandi gives a small shake of her head and tightens her arms around her legs.
I wish there was... gods I do...

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 11:33 PM
Xeni places a hand on the egg, assuming this is what he's supposed to do.
I swear to always protect this egg and the dragon contained therein in their times of need and to be as a parent to the dragon.

The mouse continues to eat rice and look around.

Nevrmore
2007-03-02, 11:42 PM
((Just fleshing out my character a bit is all))

I neither know nor care what it is that you are trying to distract me with. I shall repeat myself; Nomiko i thanatos!

Fenric
2007-03-02, 11:43 PM
Krystal sighs and sits next to Verdandi

Izumi gobbles fish and enjoys not worrying about anything.

Myobi looks around for someone else to recite a poem, lest she be forced to decide between three.

Fenric and the other kits mingle.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-02, 11:45 PM
((Wait. Is Xeni a mouse?))
Ekrath hands over the egg.
It shall hatch very soon. I'd guess...about an hour or so?
((Pick your dragon!
Mychasi, Male CG Brass Dragon wyrmling: Enjoys conversation but is endlessly fasinated by stories. Unlike most Brass Dragons, he likes the art of conversation, rather than just hearing himself talk

Luminia: Female LG Gold Dragon wyrmling: A regal dragon, despite being so young. Like most Gold Dragons, she enjoys helping others and is very friendly.

Karaglen: Female LG Silver Dragon wyrmling: A quiet thinker, more content to help out passersby and be an unassuming dragon, rather than being the center of attention.

Syndil: Male CG Copper Dragon: A quick witted dragon with a silver tongue, Syndil is facinated by magic. He loves to try and work out how magic works. He also enjoys games of change and riddles.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-02, 11:46 PM
*Atreyu teases the two kids to go up and recite something, but they get nervous and bashful*

AmberVael
2007-03-02, 11:47 PM
I miss them so much... Verdandi shakes with quiet sobbing.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 11:48 PM
(( Nevrmore: I don't actually speak Japanese (or whatever that is). I am an _amateur_ folklore student: all my studies are in English translations... I don't know what that means. I speak English, some German, and a bit of Hindi ))

Krystal sighs and licks Verdandi's hand.

I'm sorry... I had no idea...

Nevrmore
2007-03-02, 11:48 PM
(( Nevrmore: I don't actually speak Japanese (or whatever that is). I am an _amateur_ folklore student: all my studies are in English translations... I don't know what that means. I speak English, some German, and a bit of Hindi ))
((It's Greek; He's saying "Law or death?"))

Rebonack
2007-03-02, 11:50 PM
Maph'tey waves to Fenric.

"Good evening! I was wondering if McBish has been around recently? I know he and Natalie were staying here the other day."

AmberVael
2007-03-02, 11:52 PM
Verdandi gives Krystal a shaky smile.
Its okay... its not... its not your fault.
She shakes her head, wipes away a few tears.

Fenric
2007-03-02, 11:55 PM
(( Ah! Well... ))

The secretary draws himself up and glares at the robot

I will have you know, sirrah, that I am as lawful an avatar as you can ever hope to meet. The celestial bureauracy is eternal in its laws and structure, and no disruption is ever allowed.

Certain allowances are made for subordinates if the particular situation is both controllable and acceptable.

In the case of the foxes, the good that they provide by destroying the vermin that would otherwise disrupt the orderly progression of agriculture more than compensates for their occasional wild ways. They have long since proved more lawful than cats, who utterly refused to pursue the rice-destroying vermin into the wet fields.

Therefore I must state, as a secretary under the rule of the Ministry of Agriculture, with a dotted-line to the Ministry of War and of Finance, that you are far out of your depth so far as ascertaining the lawfulness of this particular situation. Should you wish to raise a complaint with the mistry of procedure, that is of course you perrogative.

Fenric smiels and nods

He was here as a squirrel just a few days ago

Krystal leans on Verdandi comfortingly. (( Krystal is stuck as a fox until next week. ))

Nevrmore
2007-03-02, 11:58 PM
If the unmoving steel face of the automaton could possibly show emotion, it would be a mixture of confusion, dumbfoundedness, anger, and a healthy dose of "OMG STHU" thrown in for good measure.

"So you are agreeing to obey the law?" He finally says after a momentary silence.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-02, 11:58 PM
((no, the mouse is Yurioc, Xeni's human.

Hmm, I'll go with Karaglen))

Xeni blinks.
Wow, that's pretty soon.

The mouse finds a piece of paper and scrawls "yurioc" on it, then sticks it to the end of his tail. He continues to nibble on rice.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 12:00 AM
Ekrath nods
The goblins were planning on sacrificing them as soon as they hatched. So naturally they chose eggs that would hatch sooner.
((45 mins now.))

AmberVael
2007-03-03, 12:01 AM
((So I remember))

Verdandi gently puts a hand on Krystal's back, her tears drying. She is far from happy again though.

Hawkeye
2007-03-03, 12:01 AM
Hawkeye yawns, he waves g'night to all present and he and Wukei disappear in a cloud of blue smoke

((g'night all))

Rebonack
2007-03-03, 12:04 AM
"Ah, I see. Thanks I met him a while ago and shortly there after lost my mind, just wanted to make sure he's doing fine," Maph'tey responds with a smile. "I'm glad that he and Natalie are working it out."

He thinks for a moment.

"Oh! I'm Maph'tey."

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 12:07 AM
Xeni smiles and pats the egg.
Well, in a few moments, their failure will be complete now won't it?

Fenric
2007-03-03, 12:09 AM
The Secretary of Rice becomes as offended as you might expect a Lawful+++ Good-- avatar to be

Of course I do, you metallic barbarian! I am an embodiment of the laws of agriculture! There is nothing less forgiving than that!

The secretary folds his arms and scowls the scowl of an avatar of a goddess with a few 10^12 worshippers.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 12:09 AM
Ekrath smirks
Yep. Their sick goblin diety won't get any dragon sacrifices while I live

Nevrmore
2007-03-03, 12:11 AM
"Good then." The robot's eyes fade back to their white hue. "I shall return here tomorrow to see if you have respected the conditions of your parole. If you are still abominable, then your sentence is death. Good day, you horrible creature."

The robot disappears into the night.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 12:13 AM
He almost says something slightly depressing about that, but stops himself. Instead he just nods. Xeni looks at the egg and then the food, sighing.
Acepienerlac'ietoraged.
The bandages and such on his shoulder fall off and his arm slowly regenerates. Xeni moves it around experimentally and grins.
There we go. Now I can hold the egg and eat, we both win.
As such, he grabs more rice balls.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 12:16 AM
Ekrath looks past Xeni and grabs some food from the table. He munches while watching the egg. He then turns to the gathering.
I'd love to stay but I have to find parents for these eggs.
He teleports out.

AmberVael
2007-03-03, 12:20 AM
Verdandi sighs and looks into the pond, putting one hand on her new sword.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 12:21 AM
Xeni nods a goodbye to Ekrath and turns to watch the rest of the party-goers.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 12:24 AM
"Atreyu, can we have a pet dr..."
*The llama lets out a terrified bleat and covers Kint's mouth with a hoof*

Rebonack
2007-03-03, 12:24 AM
((Psst. Only worshipers from a single Realm count toward divine ranks and stuff. Different gods are worshiped in other Realms, even if they have the same name and portfolio. Otherwise all gods would be Greater Deities. Tiamat, a lesser deity, is a great example. She has versions of herself in pretty much every setting, but she's lesser none the less.))

Maph'tey wonders if Fenric is going to introduce himself. Must have a lot on his mind.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 12:25 AM
((They'd be really good. I promise. Come on Atreyu! Get a dragon!))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 12:30 AM
(gah. No. They'd forget to clean its cage and it'd have to stay at the gem shop so it'd try to swipe everything Alarra had to add to its hoard)

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 12:34 AM
((Wyrmlings don't even have hoards. And you can't keep a dragon in a cage. All out of arguments. EMBRACE THE DRAGON-NESS!))

edit: ((Also, only 5 minutes until the first dragon is born!))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 12:41 AM
(how long will you be giving these away? I'm about dead tired tonight)

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 12:49 AM
((oh boy, I gets a dragon now!))

The egg Xeni's carrying rocks a bit, a crack forming. He quickly eats the rest of the rice balls he's holding and sets the egg down.

The mouse notices this and leaps off the table, scurrying over to watch.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 12:51 AM
((Probably until tommorow. I've still got two left. (Kyrian's character Silas adopted my gold one).))

Fenric
2007-03-03, 12:52 AM
(( @rebonack: yeah, but... it's after midnight, and I'm too tired. Rice. On this little planet of ours, we have pretty much 3x10^9 folks who would count as "casual worshippers" under D&D rules. I'd be willing to reduce the exponent a bit for the Town if you'd like, Inari will still officially beat just about anyone. I have also kept her strictly to her own business, too... makes things weird at times. ))

All of Fenric's characters disappear at once.

AmberVael
2007-03-03, 12:53 AM
With a sigh Verdandi gets up and leaves.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 12:54 AM
The egg rocks again, this time creating a crack spanning the whole length of the egg and sending a few chips off.
Xeni sits down next to it, waiting for it to finish.
Yurioc scurries closer, curious.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 12:58 AM
A nameless NPC looks at the egg.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 01:00 AM
(Maybe tomorrow then, lad, but not tonight. My llama is sleepy.)

*The llama soon falls asleep on the garden's grass. The kids snuggle into him and Ala digs out Pxp's blanket, draping it over the three of them.

The night priests bring over two large pillows, each enchanted with pictures of magical fox cubs, prancing all over them. Ala and Kint each claim one and soon they are both asleep next to the llama.*

(Farewell and tempt not the fates)

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 01:06 AM
Xeni taps the egg and the shell shatters, sending a small silver dragon flopping out. Xeni grins and picks it up.
Hey there.

Yurioc raises an eyebrow.
Ah, the miracle of reptilian birth.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 01:09 AM
((Just so you know, she has an INT of like 14 so she can speak commen and draconic))

Rebonack
2007-03-03, 01:09 AM
((You don't need to change anything on account of me, it just seemed odd. Don't forget that there are lots of other agricultural gods/goddesses. Both based on RL mythology and those in different campaign settings. There's pretty much an agricultural deity for every traditional culture on Earth. Ie: thousands, if not more. That would break things up a bit. Remember, there's no rule against gods having the same portfolio. In a high magic setting like this, while still being ye olde and so forth, I doubt there would be more than a billion people an the Material Plane, if that.))

Maph'tey looks over the silver lizard.

"It's certainly a cute little bugger."

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 01:17 AM
((hmm, but are dragons capable of speech from the get go?))

Xeni's player gently nudges the name Karaglen at him and Xeni complies.
Alrighty then, you are to be Karaglen.
The dragon in turn nuzzles his hand and then looks at the various beings around it in the temple.

Yurioc nods at Maph'tey.
Most things are at young age. Some dub it The Cute Effect™. Some theorize that it increases their likelyhood of being raised. I thinks that's a bunch of phooey personally.

Rebonack
2007-03-03, 01:23 AM
"I'm told that I wasn't particularly cute when I was young," Maph'tey responds. "But then, I don't think most of the servants wanted to raise me either. But I think that had more to do with the 'ferocious little monster' part more than the 'not cute' part."

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 01:31 AM
((hm, I'll go with the assumption that it takes some time for them to nab enough bodily control to talk))

Xeni sets Karaglen down in his lap and rubs her head. She subsequently begins to make a purring/growling noise, enjoying the feeling.
Havn't had much experience with silver dragons, this should be fun.

Yurioc grins at Maph'tey.
That would probably make more sense, though you were still raises, so that counts for something.

Rebonack
2007-03-03, 01:37 AM
Maph'tey yawns as a rune ringed rift abruptly appears below him, which he promptly falls through. The gate spirals shut behind him.

Chaotic Bob
2007-03-03, 01:41 AM
Yurioc and Xeni wave as Maph'tey departs.

Xeni stands up and allows Karaglen to curl up in his arms. He stretches his legs and walks out, bypassing the mirror to get the scenery of outside.

Yurioc twitches his tail and thinks for a moment. He then grins and walks forward, vanishing as he does so.

V Junior
2007-03-03, 02:22 AM
A half-elf wanders in. She's tired, cold and she looks hungery. She looks at the statue of the werefox, Inari, and smiles.

I wish to stay a while here. Perhaps I can find rest here, or maybe just a slither of hope. Whatever happens, I'm very, very tired.

She sighs, and bows her head to Inari. A few moments later, her fox familiar comes in, looks around, bows his head to Imari, and sits next to her.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 04:41 AM
*He extends a hoof to Xeni* "Life is great. I'm no longer secretly serving an evil deity and I can hold my mate again. What more could I ask for?" *He grins* "I'm not the only talking llama around, but I'm the most prominent one."

*He turns to Maph'tey* "I'm a priest, but I'm only first level."

(For the record, besides his amulet and mask, Atreyu is also wearing a black collar with blue gems in it. On the collar is a name tag that says "Atreyu" he also has a bag tied to his waist with a string. I think that about covers physical description)

((Cough, Cough. Forgetting something. Cough. It's going to start to burn if you keep forgetting. Cough.))

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 08:37 AM
(Eeeeep. Sorry. It was late and you never did send me a picture *sticks out tongue* So I forget how to describe it.)

(There is also a branding on Atreyu's chest)

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 08:49 AM
Phoenixineohp walk up to the temple and quietly slips inside. She glides over to the garden and takes a seat next to the sleeping llama and kids. Gently, she strokes the fur on his head with her left hand, teasing an ear occasionally. She seems quite excited about what she is holding in her right arm.
"Wake up sleep head. It's a beautiful morning and I have a surprise!"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 08:53 AM
*mumbles sleepily* "Morning services already? .... Wait, I know that hand." Phoenixineohp!" *he looks up happily and his tail starts wagging, lightly bopping poor Kint in the head* "

"Good morning. Surprise?"

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 08:59 AM
She smiles and kisses him.
"Good morning. I would have thought that you were done sleeping here for a while. But it looks like I missed a great party." She looks around.

"But you aren't the only sleepy one. Look!" She gently hold out her surprise. In her arms in half of a large shell. Inside is a small copper dragon curled up, asleep and ever so cute.

"I got an egg off of some body in town. Isn't he adorable?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:02 AM
*He grins and sniffs the dragon, Kint rolls over to avoid the tail thwacking.*

"He's cute. What are you going to name him?"

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 09:05 AM
The little head looks up at the big nose and sniffs him back. Apparently fine with the new scent the little one rolls over and falls back asleep.

Phoenixineohp giggles. "I'm not sure yet. I think that I'll show Phoenix and see what everyone's ideas are." She giggles as a tiny wing stretches out to act as a blanket. "What do you think?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:15 AM
*The two kids mumble in their sleep*

"Firefang"
"He's shiny, but he's not furry. I can only name furry things."
*The llama looks down in shock at the kids who are still sound asleep*

"How do they do that? Ummm...I'm leaning towards Artax. But I think his name needs to be longer than that."

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 09:17 AM
Phoenixineohp smiles at the kids.
"Just wait till they actually wake up and realize what's going on. I always wanted a dragon when I was a kid. Or a winged horse."

Exachix
2007-03-03, 09:19 AM
Exachix wakes up and, still in fox form, trots out to the Santuary, looking around.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:20 AM
*he grins* "well, I'm not a horse, but will I do?"

*he waves a hoof hello at Exachix* "Good morning"

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 09:23 AM
Phoenixineohp smiles at him and gently turns him to her for a kiss.
"You're much better than any horse. You know that."

Exachix
2007-03-03, 09:27 AM
Exachix smiles to Ateryu, and jumps onto, and sits on, a chair.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:30 AM
*he blushes a bit and returns the kiss with a light lick*

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 09:35 AM
Phoenixineohp smiles and waves to Exachix. The dragon in the shell yawns and snorts a little.

"It looks like I had better get this one home. Do you want to join me?"
Perhaps it was the raised eyebrow or the tint in her voice, but there was a good indication that he wouldn't be helping to make a dragon nursery if he did come by.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:41 AM
"of course. I'm sure Asher and Peck won't mind watching these two."

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 09:47 AM
She looks at him for a minute, rolling a few checks to see if he got her drift or not. She nods and looks down at them.
"I can try to take us all in a port. Whose pillows?"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:51 AM
*The look in his eye and the eagerness of his voice give away more than he's willing to say in front of the kids, even if they are sleeping*

"They are mine, I think. They were a "gift" from Destro. I think the kids will like them."

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 09:54 AM
She nods.
"Alright. All set then? Make sure you have a contact on both of them."

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-03-03, 09:55 AM
*he wraps his legs around the sleeping kids and nods to Pxp*

(gotta go help a friend move. Sigh...my next spiritual avatar is gonna be a sloth)

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 09:58 AM
(Hehehe. Sloth. *Disclaimer, I've been up for 12 hours. It's okay if that idea makes me giggle.*)

Phoenixineohp nods and away they go.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 10:00 AM
Exachix nodds as they go, and lays down on the chair.

Raistlin1040
2007-03-03, 10:32 AM
((Even though I didn't give you the dragon Pheonix, I'll assume since you want it, it's yours. I'll also assume you swore the oath. And DeBunny? Karaglen's a girl dragon.))

edit: ((Copper Dragon is
Syndil: Male CG Copper Dragon: A quick witted dragon with a silver tongue, Syndil is facinated by magic. He loves to try and work out how magic works. He also enjoys games of change and riddles.))

phoenixineohp
2007-03-03, 10:53 AM
((Thanks. I really wanted to show the kids and Atreyu and I didn't know when you'd be coming online next so I sent the message. He's a cute little sucker and the oath is no problem. :D ))

Deadly
2007-03-03, 02:07 PM
Grace flies into the sanctuary and looks around a bit.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:03 PM
Exachix wakes and looks over at Grace.

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:07 PM
Grace smiles and waves at Exachix Hi Exachix.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:08 PM
Exachix smiles and his tail wags.

"Hello Grace"

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:09 PM
How are you doing?

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:13 PM
Exachix smiles.

"I'm ok. I was just going to head into the garden."

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:15 PM
Grace smiles The garden is nice. I was just looking for some of the leftovers from last nights party. I'm still a bit disappointed that I didn't get to recite any poetry, but I suppose I can try again next month. she smiles and heads for the garden.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:17 PM
Exachix jumps off his chair and looks around, outside he looks up at the moon.

"I always miss it. I've got used to it, but so long as Fenric or anyone doesn't wake up for the next 2/3 hours I'll have one up on them"

Exachix shifts to Hybrid form, still looking at the moon.

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I often miss them too. It's really sad.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:26 PM
Exachix nodds and smiles faintly.

"I suppose we can just live with it. Prehaps we can get it to happen a little earlier for us at some point."

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:29 PM
She smiles That would be nice. Then I just need to remember to prepare some poetry... I always seem to forget. she grins.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:31 PM
Exachix hmms, still looking at the moon.

"Hmm, I'm not that good at poetry, I'll try, but I'm not that good at it."

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:36 PM
It's not about being good, it's about expressing your thoughts and feelings. Even the worst poem can be great, if it was created with passion. Bad poems are only bad if the poet didn't care about or believe in his work.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:41 PM
Exachix hmms.

"That's true. I'll try and do a poem for next time, see how it goes."

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:42 PM
Grace smiles Maybe you'll win the contest.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:46 PM
Exachix smiles.

"It's not about the winning, It's about the taking part."

(('But you don't take part' 'Ah it's not about the taking part, it's about the sense of futile despair' - Bill Bailey on The British attitude to sports.)

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:51 PM
She grins Very true, but it doesn't hurt if you win.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:53 PM
Exachix smiles and looks up at the moon.

"Nope."

Deadly
2007-03-03, 04:56 PM
She smiles and sits down in the grass, watching the moon.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 04:58 PM
Exachix smiles.

"How are you, I didn't ask."

((he's looking at the moon because it's Lunar Eclipsing))

Deadly
2007-03-03, 05:00 PM
I'm fine. A bit worried, but I'm sure things will be fine.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 05:02 PM
Exachix nodds.

"Ok then."

Deadly
2007-03-03, 05:06 PM
So, nothing else of interrest has happened aside from the party?

Exachix
2007-03-03, 05:09 PM
Exachix shakes his head.

"Apart from the Scrying stuff, nope."

He sighs.

Deadly
2007-03-03, 05:11 PM
She sighs Oh well. That's probably for the best. 'Interresting' is often synonymous with 'bad' in this place.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 05:16 PM
Exachix grins.

"Not all the time though."

Deadly
2007-03-03, 05:20 PM
She smiles I guess not, but still surprisingly often.

Exachix
2007-03-03, 05:21 PM
Exachix nodds.

"Very true."

Deadly
2007-03-03, 05:26 PM
Grace smiles and watches the garden

Exachix
2007-03-03, 05:37 PM
Exachix smiles and shifts to fox form, laying down in the garden and watching the sky.

Nevrmore
2007-03-03, 06:07 PM
Nomos walks up to the temple, an impalement adorning his chest. He doesn't seem to notice.

"Abomination! Come out!" He yells.

Rebonack
2007-03-03, 06:12 PM
A divine rank 0 Abomination walks out of Inari's. What it was doing there is anyone's guess.

"Yeah? What do you want?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-03, 06:14 PM
Nomos looks at the creature. "Not you! Although..." Nomos shoots a bolt of electricity at the abomination.

Rebonack
2007-03-03, 06:17 PM
The odd looking thing spasms and dies, mainly because it was a pun, and all puns should die in like manner.

Nevrmore
2007-03-03, 06:20 PM
Nomos folds his arms. "The fox creature is late for his hearing. This is most unacceptable."

Exachix
2007-03-03, 06:22 PM
Exachix trots back into the Sanc. Hearing Nomos.

"What do you want?"

Nevrmore
2007-03-03, 06:23 PM
"You! Are you the annoying fox creature I spoke to last night?"

Rebonack
2007-03-03, 06:23 PM
Maph'tey is walking down the temple path when he spots the Inevitable and the smoldering corpse of... something.

"Hey! It's you again!" he begins, stating the obvious. "I'm going to have to ask you to stop killing people."

Exachix
2007-03-03, 06:25 PM
Exachix shifts to Hybrid.

"Certainaly not. Why are you here?!"

He seems slightly unhappy at the inevitable, slightly afraid, and slightly angry.