PDA

View Full Version : Imp Monster Class

Baroknik
2014-07-19, 05:26 PM
Hey all, due to a recent party wipe we are currently re-rolling in FR.

Our party will be level 3 and will consist of:
1) Mountain Orc 1 Barb/2 Cleric of Gruumsh (going to Orc Warlord)
2) Human 3 Cleric of Kelemvor (going to Doomguide)
3) Gold Dwarf 3 Sorcerer (focusing on lightning blasting)

I am wanting to play as an Imp (using the Monster Class from Savage Species) that poses as a lizardman mystic that counsels the Orc (he plans on being a conqueror). I would have been sent by one of the Arch-Devils (between Mammon and Belial primarily) to help sway the orc horde towards Mulhorand and open the Orcgates again. While this would seem chaotic prima facia, when dealing with the plans within plans of devils, who knows what the long-ranging effect would be. It would be something that the player would be down for -- who doesn't want thousands of his people to conquer the entire plane?

Anyway, I came seeking advice on how to build/play this character. The other players aren't aware of my Impishness (they think I am a lizardfolk), and I would like to keep them in the dark for as long as possible.

At character level 3, here is what I'm looking at working with:

+2 Dex, +2 Wis
Tiny
Spd 20, Fly 30 (perfect)
+2 NA
detect good at will (CL4)
detect magic at will (CL4)
Sting attack for 1d4 damage
Weapon Finesse (Sting)
Poison (1 Dex, 1d4 Dex) DC = 12 + 1/2 HD + Con mod
fire resistance 5
Polymorph (1 form -- Lizardfolk)
+3 all saves
2 Outsider hit dice (d8)
40 + 5xINT skill points
Class Skills: Craft, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Search, Spellcraft, Spot

So what can I do to contribute to the party at this level? Was thinking of having lots of poison available to apply to my weapons (no poison use, but I'm immune to poison), and focus on throwing weapons for a bit while in my lizardfolk form.

Stats rolled:
18, 15, 14, 10, 10, 7 (thinking of going 10, 18+2, 15, 14, 7+2, 10).

Note I can take 2 flaws (though prefer flavorful ones) and only have 1 Feat available at the moment otherwise.

(Un)Inspired
2014-07-19, 05:32 PM
Pop that 18 into wis and become an awesome ur priest in a few levels. An imp ur priest would be rad.

Baroknik
2014-07-19, 07:13 PM
It's a 7 level monster class, so that would mean the earliest possible would be Imp 7/Ur-priest 1
Though not a bad idea, I do have the issue of being relevant until much much later since we are level 3 at the moment.

Urpriest
2014-07-19, 07:20 PM
Imps have only 3HD, so you'd need more class levels to be an Urpriest.

Lizardfolk aren't on the list of Imp alternate forms for 3.5, so you won't be able to masquerade as one at this point.

Baroknik
2014-07-19, 08:32 PM
As per Savage Species, any CL 12 Medium-or-smaller polymorph is allowed via the class, with those listed as usual choices. My DM is allowing that reading for lizard folk since it's far from broken.

Urpriest
2014-07-19, 09:52 PM
As per Savage Species, any CL 12 Medium-or-smaller polymorph is allowed via the class, with those listed as usual choices. My DM is allowing that reading for lizard folk since it's far from broken.

Is that true after your DM updated the class to 3.5, though? Remember, Savage Species is a 3.0 book, the Imp changed in the 3.5 update.

(Un)Inspired
2014-07-19, 10:37 PM
I know it's terribly cliched for getting into ur priest but savage bard would probably be kinda good for an imp

Baroknik
2014-07-19, 10:45 PM
Is that true after your DM updated the class to 3.5, though? Remember, Savage Species is a 3.0 book, the Imp changed in the 3.5 update.

Yeah, the total updating consisted of...
Weapon Finesse (tail) --> Weapon Finesse
Removal of Regeneration