PDA

View Full Version : 4e Custom Power Card Template

RubyApple
2014-07-19, 09:00 PM
After having frustration with other 4e card templates, I made this template for personal use in Gimp. The template has sections for power name, action type, power use (daily, at-will, etc), power source as well as larger attack and damage section for attack powers. The template includes four colors: gray for dailies, green for at-wills, red for encounters and a set of gold bordered frames for items. To pick your color, just hide the other colors for the border and the footer. The footer is separate from the border, so it is easy to disable for utility powers. Also, the attack and damage sections of the footer are separate from each other, for powers that have attack but deal no damage or power that deal damage but have no attack.

Download Link (http://www.mediafire.com/download/s62lpcl0u8pg0v0/4epowercardtemplate.xcf)

Sample Power
http://i.imgur.com/wUBtMlH.png

Update 7/20/2014 I cleaned up the template a little bit by giving each object a unique name to avoid confusion and sorting all objects into folders to make the layer maze easy to navigate. The template now also has item colored frames and footer, with different frames and footers for item at-will powers, item encounter powers, and item daily powers. Lastly, I added a copy of the background that is a very light grey. I like to place the background right under the bottom section break to make extra white-space on the card easier to ignore. You can probably see the difference on the sample-card if you look closely.

VeliciaL
2014-07-20, 12:31 PM
Too cool! Thanks for sharing. :smallbiggrin:

RubyApple
2014-07-20, 02:49 PM
Update 7/20/2014 I cleaned up the template a little bit by giving each object a unique name to avoid confusion and sorting all objects into folders to make the layer maze easy to navigate. The template now also has item colored frames and footers, with different frames and footers for item at-will powers, item encounter powers, and item daily powers. Lastly, I added a copy of the background that is a very light grey. I like to place this background right under the bottom section break to make extra white-space on the card easier to ignore. You can probably see the difference on the sample card if you look closely.