PDA

View Full Version : Optimization The Mage from the East

Hazrond
2014-07-19, 10:32 PM
So i had a thought, how well do you think a Wu Jen Jade Phoenix Mage would work? one could pull off a very powerful nova once a week by Transcend Mortality, Body Outside Body, and then using Emerald Immolation one round before the Transcend Mortality would kill you, therefore surviving and also having 4 High power clones for a short time, am i wrong is this idea secretly terrible? i guess thats for you playgrounders to tell me :smalltongue:

Vhaidara
2014-07-19, 10:39 PM
It's a standard gish combo. As in, it's in the handbook.

Hazrond
2014-07-19, 10:46 PM
It's a standard gish combo. As in, it's in the handbook.

Well that figures, i guess its my fault for not readin the handbook :smalltongue:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-19, 10:50 PM
Theoretically that's pretty good, but on a practical character you would have to be 20th level to have JPM 10 and 9th level Wu Jen spells. At level 17 or sooner parties are already able to use Astral Projection to completely avoid any risk of death or personal loss when adventuring.

Blackhawk748
2014-07-19, 10:58 PM
I seem to recall someone discussing that combo awhile back, it was determined that its one hell of a "Super Sayain" mode, though the once a week part kinda sucks

Val666
2014-07-20, 12:49 AM
Don't ever forget adding 2 or 3 Archmage levels Dx now your copies can use Body Outside Body/Any other spell turned into SLA and Emerald Immolation. I don't remember if they can use maneuvers too :smallbiggrin:

Hazrond
2014-07-20, 12:56 AM
Don't ever forget adding 2 or 3 Archmage levels Dx now your copies can use Body Outside Body/Any other spell turned into SLA and Emerald Immolation. I don't remember if they can use maneuvers too :smallbiggrin:

They are perfect copies with regards to one thing, they cant cast spells, so that means they can use maneuvers :smallcool: oh man though, body outside body as a SLA meaning exponential super saiyan clones sounds AMAZING :smallbiggrin: