PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick in 5th ed Basic?

Particle_Man
2014-07-19, 11:27 PM
Roy, V, Haley and Durkon are easy to do. (V is even an Evoker!)

But the other two characters are outside of the standard 4 classes listed in Basic.

Belkar I would probably go for halfling fighter with twf.

Elan would be tricky. Bards just don't exist yet. Dashing Swordsman might fit fighter, or might fit rogue, I suppose.

Balyano
2014-07-20, 07:22 AM
If just using basic I would guess Elan would be a multiclassed Fighter/Wizard/Rogue/Cleric, obviously he took Dueling as his fighting style.

With a box
2014-07-20, 09:23 AM
If just using basic I would guess Elan would be a multiclassed Fighter/Wizard/Rogue/Cleric, obviously he took Dueling as his fighting style.

Isn't that make him nale? (fighter/rogue/sorcerer)

Particle_Man
2014-07-20, 03:02 PM
Sadly we don't have rules for multi-classing in Basic. :smallsmile:

Balyano
2014-07-20, 03:37 PM
Isn't that make him nale? (fighter/rogue/sorcerer)

No, no, no....no. Nale would be a Cleric/Rogue/Wizard/Fighter, Elan is a Fighter/Wizard/Rogue/Cleric ... Completely different, exact opposites in fact, That's a totally different thing and they are in no way the same.

Psyren
2014-07-21, 04:32 PM
:roy:: "YOU DON'T COUNT!"

Oh, he does now, Roy - Bards go up to 9ths. 5e Elan might end up being the most powerful member of the Order.

Tholomyes
2014-07-21, 05:05 PM
:roy:: "YOU DON'T COUNT!"

Oh, he does now, Roy - Bards go up to 9ths. 5e Elan might end up being the most powerful member of the Order.We don't know the spell list, though. I'm guessing that Wizards and clerics will still have a better spell-list, and the bards, while getting more spells than they once did, will still have a less impressive spell list.

Inevitability
2014-07-22, 01:17 AM
We don't know the spell list, though. I'm guessing that Wizards and clerics will still have a better spell-list, and the bards, while getting more spells than they once did, will still have a less impressive spell list.

However, there is some talk about bards getting an ability to let them 'steal' spells from other lists. If that were the case...

Tholomyes
2014-07-22, 01:46 AM
However, there is some talk about bards getting an ability to let them 'steal' spells from other lists. If that were the case...That would be interesting, though I wonder how much they'd get to do that. One or two spells from a broader list wouldn't necessarily overshadow the power that wizards have, through their adaptability and utility, in addition to what is consistently the most powerful spell list. I don't doubt the bard will be a good class, but I doubt it will dethrone Wizards. Clerics, more likely, but Wizards will be tough to beat.