PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Need Help with Magical Items & Armor

5w337x7007h
2014-07-19, 11:39 PM
I need to know if it's Pathfinder Legal to take armor and craft a wonderous item out of it.
Example: A +1 breastplate that acts as a belt of giant strength. the bonuses being separate from the magical arms and armor bonuses you can apply.

Adhar
2014-07-20, 12:38 AM
By the rules no they are different slots. But you can always house rule a legendary item or artifact.

deuxhero
2014-07-20, 12:45 AM
Well given crafting is a thing, you aren't in PFS...

There's nothing to indicate you can, but nothing stopping you. It's pure ask your GM territory. 3.5's Magic Item Compendium (which is all around great) lets you add some of the "big" properties (resistance to saves and enhancement to stats, forget if anything else was allowed) to existing magic items at no cost (but I forget if you could do it for armor), but all crafting beyond "I pay this and make this existing item" is house rules in PF.

I'm all for making few items handle the "big" magic item needs (saves and stats boosts, magic weapon, armor, various AC boosts) at no additional cost to reduce the "Christmas tree" thing. A character doesn't gain anything by having his magic armor also give him the effects of a cloak of resistance except a free shoulder slot (which is a good thing, as the importance of the cloak means every single other item in that slot might as well not exist), but actually loses a decent amount (hurts far more to have that one item disabled by being stolen/magic/whatever).

5w337x7007h
2014-07-20, 12:51 AM
I'm aiming to build a metal elementalist wizard who crafts magical arms & armor, and wondrous items. He's got a special golem/construct that acts as his pack mule and a suit of power armor if needed. He's basically a scrapyard wizard who enjoys creating clockwork creatures and is willing to help players if they help him by bringing in scrap and other items.

magwaaf
2014-07-26, 12:11 AM
well in our pf game our crafters make anything into anything. literally the rules are there for what it costs to make an item in the core rulebook so there's no reason you can't put a belt of giant str +4 effect into your robe slot

Psyren
2014-07-26, 01:35 AM
You can combine items to your heart's desire if your DM approves it. Basically the item you want would be a custom item.