PDA

View Full Version : Problem Loading Forums

Seerow
2014-07-20, 12:31 AM
This is a problem I just started having tonight, not sure if it's just me or widespread. Any time I load a forum page, I see just the header (the last element that loads is the dark brown nav bar), and from there the tab icon just spins like it's trying to load, but I've let it sit as long as 10 minutes without loading. Hitting the X button to stop the page from attempting to load however causes it to stop trying to load, and the rest of the page instantly appears. It's as if the information is all preloaded but a script or something is getting stuck causing the rest of the page to fail to show up. Since I can work around by hitting the X, it's not a major issue, but it is an annoyance.

I am using Google Chrome (version 35.0.1916.153), with no extensions installed, Windows 7 Home operating system. Not having trouble loading any other web pages (either on different domains, or non-forum pages on this site). If there's any other relevant information I can provide, let me know.

Saposhiente
2014-07-20, 01:12 AM
This is actually an issue with the advertisements not loading. I sometimes see "waiting for projectwonderful.com..." in the bottom, and the issue has stopped for me after re-enabling my adblock.
Workaround: Press Stop (the X where the reload normally is). On chrome, this will display the webpage since that has already loaded.

Rawhide
2014-07-20, 01:27 AM
Project Wonderful is currently down. I have temporarily disabled all advertising.