PDA

View Full Version : dragonblood...

m149307
2014-07-20, 02:56 AM
What is dragonblood, and where can I find it? I am hoping to use it on a human RKV if possible...

eternal
2014-07-20, 03:10 AM
What is dragonblood, and where can I find it? I am hoping to use it on a human RKV if possible...

are you talking about dragonblood the subtype or actual dragon's blood?

m149307
2014-07-20, 03:15 AM
Subtype, sorry should have specified.

eternal
2014-07-20, 03:24 AM
There are a few ways to get the subtype, being dragonborn from races of the dragon pg 5, or take the feat dragontouched in dragon magic pg 18. Basically the dragon subtype is needed for certain draconic feats and such.

Was there a specific goal for your RKV that you were needing the dragonblood subtype?

m149307
2014-07-20, 03:25 AM
Just wanted to use Dragonic Aura: Vigor to it's fullest. Or would the +1 be fine by itself?

Flickerdart
2014-07-20, 03:30 AM
Dragon blood is inside of dragons.

Just wanted to use Dragonic Aura: Vigor to it's fullest. Or would the +1 be fine by itself?
Fast Healing 1 is plenty. Outside of unusual circumstances, it will be a couple of minutes between battles - battles are loud and anything nearer is bound to come running - and during battle, even +4 fast healing isn't much. Plus, it only heals up to half HP anyway.

m149307
2014-07-20, 03:31 AM
Really, only half? Where does it say that?

Hazrond
2014-07-20, 03:32 AM
Really, only half? Where does it say that?

In the description of the aura, it only affects people under half HP

Edit: also you should check out silverbrow human, for the price of your human skillpoints you get dragonblood subtype, a bonus on disguise checks, feather fall as an SLA, and a free hair stripe :smalltongue:

m149307
2014-07-20, 03:36 AM
Silverbrow has been banned at my table :smallfrown:

And can you give me the page for the Vigor? I remember seeing other Auras in there (Pg 86 I think) but couldn't find Vigor.

Hazrond
2014-07-20, 03:44 AM

Silverbrow has been banned :smallfrown:

Silverbrow banned :smallfrown:

WHY? :smallmad: the race is rather mild as far as ive seen some go :smallannoyed:

m149307
2014-07-20, 03:46 AM
Honestly couldn't say. Other ones like Elan and stuff like that are allowed. maybe personal dislike for the class?

eternal
2014-07-20, 03:48 AM

And can you give me the page for the Vigor? I remember seeing other Auras in there (Pg 86 I think) but couldn't find Vigor.

pg 13 of the phbII.

I had to google it since it's not with the other aura's but it's with the dragon shaman auras.

Hazrond
2014-07-20, 03:51 AM
Honestly couldn't say. Other ones like Elan and stuff like that are allowed. maybe personal dislike for the class?

Well if thats the case maybe you could go for one of the other dragontouched races? Forestlord Elves, Stonehunter Gnomes, Glimmerskin Halflings, Fireblood Dwarf maybe?

Edit: or you could take the Draconic template if ur willin to eat 1 LA and the DM allows

Darrin
2014-07-20, 08:37 AM
Dragontouched can be taken as a feat. If you don't have the Cha 11 requirement, you can also pick it up by dipping a level of Dragonfire Adept.

Dragonborn of Bahumat costs 100 GP and can add the dragonblood subtype. However, suddenly worshipping Bahumat probably isn't going to fly very well with Wee-Jas (or whatever religion you refluff RKV to... unless it was Bahumat. Platinum Dragoon Vindicator?). Normally, this is not an option for humans because they lose all their racial abilities, including their human bonus feat. However, if you read the fine print on Dragonborn of Bahumat, races with a racial bonus feat (such as Humans) do not have to lose *that* particular feat. They can lose some other feat instead... including feats gained through class levels. So if you gained a bonus feat from Cleric via a domain that you don't much care for, you could lose that instead. If you can't get any bonus feats via domains... Cloistered Cleric gets Knowledge domain, which can be swapped for the Knowledge Devotion.