PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Misc Rules Help

Hazrond
2014-07-20, 04:26 AM
So playgrounders i need some help finding the locations in the books for a few rules that i remember, for a DM im about to join his game, feel free to tell me if either of these are houserules or pure insanity on my part

1. any magical healing brings you to 0 from negatives
2. spellcasters can dismiss their spells before duration ends

Allanimal
2014-07-20, 04:35 AM
1. any magical healing brings you to 0 from negatives
2. spellcasters can dismiss their spells before duration ends

#1 is a house rule - magical healing stabilizes but doesn't automatically bring to 0 HP.

On the next turn after a character is reduced to between –1 and –9 hit points and on all subsequent turns, roll d% to see whether the dying character becomes stable. He has a 10% chance of becoming stable. If he doesn't, he loses 1 hit point. ... You can keep a dying character from losing any more hit points and make him stable with a DC 15 Heal check. If any sort of healing cures the dying character of even 1 point of damage, he stops losing hit points and becomes stable.

#2 is only true for spells marked as dismissible.

(D) Dismissible: If the Duration line ends with “(D),” you can dismiss the spell at will. You must be within range of the spell's effect and must speak words of dismissal, which are usually a modified form of the spell's verbal component. If the spell has no verbal component, you can dismiss the effect with a gesture. Dismissing a spell is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity. A spell that depends on concentration is dismissible by its very nature, and dismissing it does not take an action, since all you have to do to end the spell is to stop concentrating on your turn.