PDA

View Full Version : Tomb of Horrors and group idea

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-01, 11:10 PM
I was inspired by another post on a different board about the ToH and I was inspired to play it. I've tried going through it once before but it was an insufficient group (consisting of an evil cleric and a sorcerer/thrall of orcus...yeah, no kidding) and I had an idea;a group consisting of nothing but noncore classes (but assuming psionics aren't core, even though I do) and I wanted to know what people's opinions are on what would be a good 5 person group of noncore+psionics classes to survive or try to survive the Tomb of Horrors.

Fax Celestis
2007-03-01, 11:41 PM
If we're talking ECL 15...

Well, I'd go with a Scout/Duelist, using the Riposte variant; a Beguiler; a Duskblade; a Spirit Shaman; and a Psion.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-03-03, 02:40 AM
If we're talking ECL 15...

Well, I'd go with a Scout/Duelist, using the Riposte variant; a Beguiler; a Duskblade; a Spirit Shaman; and a Psion.
Good choices...but since when has the ToH been 15th ECL?

BlueWizard
2007-03-03, 03:06 AM
Well run, noone should come out alive. I think Gygax killed his whole party when he ran it...

Thomas
2007-03-03, 03:09 AM
Well run, noone should come out alive. I think Gygax killed his whole party when he ran it...

Well, note that the original Tomb of Horrors has nothing to do with the current one. Does this one even have insta-kill traps all over the place? It was like a Sierra adventure game. "I enter that room." "You die. Next?" (Hah, or Zork. "You are eaten by a grue.")

BlueWizard
2007-03-03, 03:10 AM
Ah... right. I'm old school.