2014-07-20, 04:32 PM
I am an orc level 5 barbarian - 1 fighter
str 21
dex14
con 17
wis 9
int 9
cha 11

So i was wondering what a good Prestige class for me might be?

eggynack
2014-07-20, 04:37 PM
Depends on book access, really, and on what you're trying to do. If you've got everything, then you're probably going to want champion of gwynharwyf from the book of exalted deeds, or runescarred berserker from unapproachable east. If you've got only core, then you're probably going to want horizon walker. If you've got something in between, then you're probably going to want something else. I would advise taking a look at the barbarian handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?105525-3-5e-Being-Bane-Eldariel-s-Guide-to-Barbarians), as its prestige class list is quite good.

tvinky
2014-07-21, 04:30 AM
did i mention i am CE. and i am playing by 3e rules atm.

eggynack
2014-07-21, 04:38 AM
That only really answers one of the implicit questions here, which is whether you would be able to take champion of gwynharwyf. If you're actually stuck in 3.0, rather than 3.5, then I suppose runescarred berserker would be right up your alley, given that it's a 3.0 book. You're going to want some wisdom boosting items if you go down that route, incidentally, such that you can actually make use of the main ability of the class. Not a big hardship though.

Kaeso
2014-07-21, 04:55 AM
Yo dawg I heard you like raging so I slapped frenzied berserker on your barbarian so you can rage while you rage.

The advantages of DOUBLE RAGE POWER speak for themselves.

eggynack
2014-07-21, 05:00 AM
Yo dawg I heard you like raging so I slapped frenzied berserker on your barbarian so you can rage while you rage.

The advantages of DOUBLE RAGE POWER speak for themselves.
Actually using the frenzy tends to be a pretty highly risky and problematic proposition. Safely depleting all of your frenzies at the beginning of the day, thus removing spontaneous damage triggering, is generally a better idea. You don't get as much from the class, but bigger power attack is nice.

Kaeso
2014-07-21, 05:16 AM
Actually using the frenzy tends to be a pretty highly risky and problematic proposition. Safely depleting all of your frenzies at the beginning of the day, thus removing spontaneous damage triggering, is generally a better idea. You don't get as much from the class, but bigger power attack is nice.

All you need is some ways to boost your will save so you can actually prevent spontaneous frenzies from happening and/or can actually stop a frenzy once it is no longer needed (or a caster who can cast calm emotions on you) and you're golden. A frenzy can actually be really, really worthwhile for raising your damage output through the roof.

LostDeviljho
2014-07-21, 05:25 AM
Three words: Wall OF Force.

"I'm not locked in here with you, You're locked in here with me!"

eggynack
2014-07-21, 05:35 AM
All you need is some ways to boost your will save so you can actually prevent spontaneous frenzies from happening and/or can actually stop a frenzy once it is no longer needed (or a caster who can cast calm emotions on you) and you're golden. A frenzy can actually be really, really worthwhile for raising your damage output through the roof.
I suppose, but those sorts of plans always take up a pretty decent chunk of investment. I think the real problem is that this isn't exactly a problem for barbarians in the first place. Stack up with shock trooper, pounce, whirling frenzy, and maybe a PA multiplier or two, and you should be capable of killing most anything that you can land a hit on. The hit landing is the actual struggle here, and that's where resources should go.

LostDeviljho
2014-07-21, 05:41 AM
as for the original question, I personally am partial to the Black Blood Cultist.
of course, since it's really a grappler, and has some alignment restrictions, I can understand why this isn't for everyone.
for those people I recommend Fist Of The Forests, Frostrager, or Bear Warrior.

John Longarrow
2014-07-21, 09:24 AM
Orc Paragon comes to mind. Full BAB, more Rage, and a stat boost, all for 3 levels.

facelessminion
2014-07-21, 08:35 PM
You're playing a Chaotic Evil 3.0 Barbarian.

You need to play Frenzied Berserker. You're only going to have this one chance before all manner of books get thrown at you, after all.

tvinky
2014-07-22, 03:29 PM
our party is made up of me the barbarian, one ranger and one rouge så calm mind is out of the question, in response to the frenzied berserker

Vhaidara
2014-07-22, 03:37 PM
1. I'm sorry, but CE orc barbarian is the perfect recipe for Frenzied Berserker.
2. Barring the, Frostrager (http://dndtools.eu/classes/frostrager/) from Frostburn is a fun PrC
3. From the same book, Primeval (http://dndtools.eu/classes/primeval/) is great, netting you, by level 10 (needs level 8 for entry) -3 to Int and Cha but +3 to your other stats, plus a wild-shape style ability that enhances your scores instead of replacing them. The example given has a primeval form of Dire Lion, which is an untyped +14 Str. So with Rage and Primeval Form at the first level of the class, you would have a Str of 40.

My advice would be to ask about retraining so you end up at Barbarian 5/Frostrager 5/Primeval 10. Then you truly become a savage warrior of the north.

facelessminion
2014-07-23, 05:23 AM
our party is made up of me the barbarian, one ranger and one rouge så calm mind is out of the question, in response to the frenzied berserker

Who in the nine hells said anything about calm mind?

You are playing a Chaotic. Evil. Barbarian. Embrace your inner fury! If your companions die, it's only because they were too weak to live in the first place!