PDA

View Full Version : Question about Temporary feats

Nicktacular
2014-07-20, 08:14 PM
Where can I find the rules about temporary feats/ability scores for prerequisites for prestige classes

holywhippet
2014-07-20, 08:32 PM
Might be in the D&D FAQ: https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20030221a

Depends on what the question is. One of the FAQ rulings states that you can qualify for a feat with an ability score requirement if you can boost the score using a magical item. However, if you stop wearing the item you lose the feat. I'd say PrCs work the same. If you lose the requisite ability or feat you lose all class features.

Nicktacular
2014-07-20, 08:57 PM
thanks, in the first Q&A it anwsers the question and it said that you can but you lose the class features and the ability to gain more levels if you lose the feat.

heavyfuel
2014-07-20, 10:49 PM
Might be in the D&D FAQ: https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/er/20030221a

Depends on what the question is. One of the FAQ rulings states that you can qualify for a feat with an ability score requirement if you can boost the score using a magical item. However, if you stop wearing the item you lose the feat. I'd say PrCs work the same. If you lose the requisite ability or feat you lose all class features.

You might say that, but as far as RAW is concerned, this only applies to PrCs in the Complete Warrior book. Otherwise, classes like the UrPriest would be unsustainable (prerequisite: must not cast divine spells; has divine spells as class feature)

Vhaidara
2014-07-21, 01:30 AM
You might say that, but as far as RAW is concerned, this only applies to PrCs in the Complete Warrior book. Otherwise, classes like the UrPriest would be unsustainable (prerequisite: must not cast divine spells; has divine spells as class feature)

Well, Ur-Priest can't exist anyways ("Special: Must be trained by another Ur-Priest" cannot be fulfilled by the first would-be Ur-Priest), so that's a thing.

Also, Dragon Disciple capstone.