PDA

View Full Version : Learning Every spell & Power?

malonkey1
2014-07-20, 11:39 PM
Is there a way to learn every single spell (Divine & Arcane), plus every Psionic Power, without "cheese" let me rephrase, without shaky rules interpretation, or gestalt? I know the Arcane side of this isn't too hard (StP Erudite + Psychic Chirurgery), but what about divine?

jiriku
2014-07-20, 11:42 PM
Learning every arcane, divine, and psionic power in the game would pretty much be considered the poster child for "cheese" at most tables. Thus, I would answer "no, unless you have an unusual definition of cheese".

malonkey1
2014-07-20, 11:50 PM
let me rephrase, without shaky rules interpretation

jiriku
2014-07-20, 11:58 PM
Behold, more triple 9s than you can shake a stick at. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?226479-Triple-9s-and-double-9-gishs)

malonkey1
2014-07-21, 08:56 AM
Well, it's a start, but there's still the issue that there's no way to get ALL divine spells mentioned in that thread. The only way for all divine spells that I can think of would be Archivist.

WhamBamSam
2014-07-21, 09:09 AM
StP Erudite+Psionic Chirurgery works for divine spells too. The Erudite can learn any given one from an appropriate Wyrm Wizard.

Karmea
2014-07-21, 09:13 AM
Learn them from an archivist with alternative source spell?

Grod_The_Giant
2014-07-21, 11:03 AM
Can you do a double-nines build with StP Erudite and Archivist?

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-21, 11:23 AM
Can you do a double-nines build with StP Erudite and Archivist?

Depends are Versatile Spellcaster and Sanctum Spell shenanigans allowed?

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-21, 11:25 AM
At which level would you be aiming for?

'Cuz I mean, like, you could probably just take sufficient levels in every class to get the job done. Alignment restrictions notwithstanding.

Rubik
2014-07-21, 11:36 AM
Is there a way to learn every single spell (Divine & Arcane), plus every Psionic Power, without "cheese" let me rephrase, without shaky rules interpretation, or gestalt? I know the Arcane side of this isn't too hard (StP Erudite + Psychic Chirurgery), but what about divine?Even without gestalt, a StP erudite can learn every psionic power and every arcane and divine spell from a great many classes.

An erudite can learn all the psion powers up to 9, and up to 8 for all the disciplines (and 9s with Psychic Chirurgery). With the convert spell-to-power variant, that's all the arcane spells up to 8, and a higher level erudite can bestow all the arcane 9ths. And there's always Sanctum Spell, to reduce the spell levels.

In addition to those, there are lots of ways to turn divine spells into arcane ones. The rainbow servant PrC turns all cleric spells into arcane spells. The Child of Eberron dragon archetype turns all druid spells into arcane spells. Just find a friendly wizard or beguiler/rainbow servant and an amenable dragon with that archetype (or one you can Disjunction and Charm/Dominate) to grab all the spells they have that day, followed on succeeding days by the new spells they then have.

A level each in prestige bard, prestige ranger, and prestige paladin add all of those spell lists to your list (and you can use the Magic Mantle and the Southern Magician feat to qualify for Geometer, which will let you qualify for all of those). Furthermore, you can actually get another character to take those levels, then learn those spells from it, and if that character also takes levels in trapsmith, you can nab all of those, too.

This leaves out a few obscure spells specific to other, more obscure classes, like Body Outside Body. Have your cohort take Extra Spell to learn them, then learn them from him or from a power stone he makes. Or you could use (Su) Wishes to nab an erudite-created power stone with those spells in it, then learn them from it.

Vaz
2014-07-21, 12:06 PM
Any Psionic Character capable of casting 9th's can pick up Expanded Knowledge for one of Embrace the Dark Chaos. They can purchase a single casting of Shun the Dark Chaos to trade a feat for Expanded Knowledge for Shun the Dark Chaos.

This lets them 'fest the Dark Chaos Shuffle, which gets them access to all 8th level spells as a result of Archivist to Wyrm Wizard to Spell to Power Erudite.

An Ardent can choose up to any 4 9th level spells that fit its chosen mantles. As we're already cheesing here, you could assume 19pp powers to be 10th level powers, and with a PL booster, like an Orange Ioun Stone, you have ML of 19 at ECL18 - this nets you Expanded Knowledge for a 6th 9th level spell to power (ML 17 at ECL16, ML19 at ECL18 allows for Expanded K. for a 9th level power).

malonkey1
2014-07-21, 01:32 PM
As we're already cheesing here, you could assume 19pp powers to be 10th level powers, and with a PL booster, like an Orange Ioun Stone, you have ML of 19 at ECL18 - this nets you Expanded Knowledge for a 6th 9th level spell to power (ML 17 at ECL16, ML19 at ECL18 allows for Expanded K. for a 9th level power).

The problem here is that there are no 10th level powers, and you can't manifest powers that don't exist. Therefore, you can not manifest 10th level powers, therefore, Expanded Knowledge can not be used to gain 9th level powers.

WhamBamSam
2014-07-21, 01:41 PM
The problem here is that there are no 10th level powers, and you can't manifest powers that don't exist. Therefore, you can not manifest 10th level powers, therefore, Expanded Knowledge can not be used to gain 9th level powers.There should be some manner of Magic Mantle+Earth Heighten chicanery that will let you technically manifest 10th level powers.

Rubik
2014-07-21, 01:41 PM
The problem here is that there are no 10th level powers, and you can't manifest powers that don't exist. Therefore, you can not manifest 10th level powers, therefore, Expanded Knowledge can not be used to gain 9th level powers.Epic powers are just like epic spells, other than the seeds. Since epic spells are considered to be 10th level, so should epic powers.

malonkey1
2014-07-21, 01:56 PM
Epic powers are just like epic spells, other than the seeds. Since epic spells are considered to be 10th level, so should epic powers.

Touche. Perhaps I should clarify that I meant for it to happen by level 20. Unless somebody can do some very clever trickery, you're not getting epic spells pre-20.

Rubik
2014-07-21, 01:59 PM
Touche. Perhaps I should clarify that I meant for it to happen by level 20. Unless somebody can do some very clever trickery, you're not getting epic spells pre-20.Take the Magic Mantle as well as Supernatural Transformation (Psionics). 17th level. Contract Lycanthropy for an animal with 4 HD or more. Use a feat for Epic Manifesting.

Done.

holywhippet
2014-07-21, 03:53 PM
I thought, by RAW, you could help scribe any spell onto a scroll and decide what type it is at the time of scribing. Hence allowing an archivist to obtain any spell in the game as long as they find someone who knows the spell they want. Some of the arcane ones can already be obtained as domain spells anyway.