PDA

View Full Version : Divine Magician Spells Choices

m149307
2014-07-21, 03:02 AM
So, which spells are good ones to choose? I can cast up to level 4 spells right now. I figure Shield for level 1... but I don't know any others.

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-21, 03:26 AM
1: Ray of Enfeeblement
2: Command Undead
3: Shivering Touch
4: Enervation

I am a fan of necromancy if you couldn't tell :smalltongue:

Still what is your cleric build? What are you trying to do? (I assume you mean the Divine Magician ACF from complete mage right?) That will help us give suggestions. As otherwise people will just suggest random spells like I just did :smalltongue:

Other spells:

1: Karmic Aura
2: Arcane Turmoil
3rd: Anticipate Teleport
4th: Burning Blood, Dispelling Screen,

m149307
2014-07-21, 03:30 AM
My build is the typical Cleric 4/ Crusader 1/ Rkv (3, at the moment) for a total of 8 levels. I was thinking of taking the Shield spell (level 1) to get a boost to AC as I will be in melee alot. I was also thinking of possibly doing Vampiric Touch for 3rd, but am unsure if this is a good idea.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-21, 03:59 AM
Abjuration, Divination, and Necromancy spells from the Wizard spell list....

1: Shield I'll agree is a good choice, especially with DMM: Persist and Magic Vestment, and even moreso with (Greater) Luminous Armor + Magic Vestment and a Monk's Belt.
2: Arcane Turmoil, in the very book that has Divine Magician. Command Undead is a close second, and comes in first if you expect to use (wands of) it often.
3: Anticipate Teleportation, only because Shivering Touch is already on the Cleric spell list.
4: Ray Deflection (SC) or Friendly Fire (EoE), because DMM: Persist. Definitely Friendly Fire if you went with Command Undead at 2nd.
5: Mage's Private Sanctum is very useful.
6: Greater Anticipate Teleportation, and retrain (PH2) or Psychic Reformation (XPH) the now redundant 3rd level one to a different spell.
7: Kiss of the Vampire because DMM: Persistent if you want to go this route, otherwise probably Ironguard.
8: Avascular Mass, or maybe a nice core spell like Mind Blank or Prismatic Wall or Moment of Prescience or Horrid Wilting, based on what the rest of the party brings to the table and personal preference.
9: Disjunction.