PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Looking for suggestion on Prestige Class abilities/Requirements

Silus
2014-07-21, 08:41 AM
Ok so I'm working on a handful of Prestige Classes for my little Homebrew setting, but I've never made a prestige class and I'm a bit stumped on exactly what abilities they ought to have.

Right so here's what I have so far:

The Queen's Guard: A magus based prestige class that increases the tanking ability and tacks on both buffing intervening ability (Based off the Devoted Defender prestige class from 3.5). A friend of mine suggested this ability: "Declare one person in a combat as your charge, and you get bonus weapon damage against creatures threatening them plus a bonus to spell penetration, their AC improves if you are adjacent to them (very small, like +1 or +2), and you can spend an arcane point to cast personal spells on them at range or at touch." In addition to some refluffed and possibly retooled abilities from the Devoted Defender, mostly In Harm's Way and possibly Deflect Attack. Heavy Armor would likely be a 1st level thing with progressively lower Arcane Spell Failure until a solid 0% at lvl 8 or 10.

Night Witch: A class required around flying (Based off WW2 Soviet Air Force group by the same name (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Witches)) either through natural means or via grafted wings (Fly spells need not apply). All I have for this is the requirements thus far would be 5 ranks in Fly and Stealth, a BaB of +5 and either natural or grafted wings. All I have for abilities would be a progressive increase in Fly Speed (Up to x2 "stock" speeds) and an increase in Flying Maneuverability (Good at lvl 5, maybe Perfect at lvl 10), Flying based feats every few levels (Death from Above, Flyby Attack, Hover, Wingover), a gradual increase/boost to Stealth while flying and the capstone maybe being allowing full-round actions to be taken while flying (So fly move + full attack or fly move + full round spell or the like).

Wyrm Hunter: Gunslinger/gun user Prestige Class based around taking out really big monsters with extra goodies vs constructs. I...don't have much for this beyond maybe extra damage, maybe precision damage or bonuses to called shots on monsters bigger than the PC/bigger than Medium?

Flesh Shaper: Graft Master, able to increase the bonuses of grafts and lower the general cost at the cost of having to specialize (As in the bonuses and cost reductions only affect one type of graft, like Undead or Construct). Can't really think of much for this that wasn't covered in the 3.5 Lords of Madness Prestige Class.

Principality Priest/ess: Cleric Prestige Class. The only thing I have for this is the capstone being full Lycanthrope status. Maybe a free domain, a lycanthrope "path" and social, preachy stuff? *Shrugs*

Suggestions and assistance would be greatly helpful, no matter how simple said assistance would be. Kinda floundering about on my own here :smallfrown:

Garryl
2014-07-21, 07:32 PM
Odd that the Wyrm Hunter would give bonuses versus constructs, but not dragons. Consider offering new deeds instead of just progressing your existing Gunslinger deeds. Here are some ideas (balance not considered).
One Shot One Kill: Spend 2 grit, make a single ranged attack. If it hits, it's an automatic critical threat and is automatically confirmed. Performing this deed does not allow you to regain grit from confirming a critical hit
Monster Targeting: As the Targeting deed, but with the following locations instead.

Hide: This version of this deed target's a creature's scales, thick hide, shell, or other source of natural armor. The creature suffers a -4 penalty to its natural armor bonus to its Armor Class (minimum +0) for 1 minute. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack.
Natural Weapon: This version of this deed targets a specific limb that can be used as a natural weapon. On a hit, the target takes no damage from the hit but cannot attack with the targeted natural weapon for 1 round and drops one carried item of the gunslinger’s choice, even if the item is wielded with two limbs. Items held in a locked gauntlet are not dropped on a hit.
Wings: As normal.

Titan Hunter's Resolve: As long as you have at least 1 grit, you are immune to fear and you gain a +4 dodge bonus to your Armor Class against creatures at least 1 size category larger than yourself.

Silus
2014-07-22, 12:43 AM
Odd that the Wyrm Hunter would give bonuses versus constructs, but not dragons.
Actually, fun fact, the Wyrms in the setting aren't dragons but rather big'ol upgraded clockwork Purple Worms. Take the mouth of the shark from James and the Giant Peach (http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131022152718/disneyvillains/images/2/20/James-giant-peach-disneyscreencaps_com-4071.jpg) and slap it on a Purple Worm.

Consider offering new deeds instead of just progressing your existing Gunslinger deeds. Here are some ideas (balance not considered).
One Shot One Kill: Spend 2 grit, make a single ranged attack. If it hits, it's an automatic critical threat and is automatically confirmed. Performing this deed does not allow you to regain grit from confirming a critical hit
Monster Targeting: As the Targeting deed, but with the following locations instead.

Hide: This version of this deed target's a creature's scales, thick hide, shell, or other source of natural armor. The creature suffers a -4 penalty to its natural armor bonus to its Armor Class (minimum +0) for 1 minute. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack.
Natural Weapon: This version of this deed targets a specific limb that can be used as a natural weapon. On a hit, the target takes no damage from the hit but cannot attack with the targeted natural weapon for 1 round and drops one carried item of the gunslinger’s choice, even if the item is wielded with two limbs. Items held in a locked gauntlet are not dropped on a hit.
Wings: As normal.

Titan Hunter's Resolve: As long as you have at least 1 grit, you are immune to fear and you gain a +4 dodge bonus to your Armor Class against creatures at least 1 size category larger than yourself.

Oooooh I do like these deeds =D