PDA

View Full Version : Board Issue Lack of code buttons

SaintRidley
2014-07-21, 12:02 PM
So, I've had a problem for the past day or so where the buttons to do, well, everything are gone when I go to post. Can't click for bold, text size, color, centering, anything like that.

It looks like this (http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/General_Ridley/boardissue_zpsb1af917f.png).
I'm running fully updated Chrome. Am I alone in this, or is this a problem more generally?

Castaras
2014-07-21, 01:10 PM
Checked that you've enabled plugins/scripts on the site? Working fine for me in google chrome.

Also, the inevitable: clear cache?

ChristianSt
2014-07-21, 01:12 PM
No, for me (with Firefox) everything works fine.

Have you somehow by chance managed to change your settings (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) (bottom section, "Miscellaneous Options/Message Editor Interface") from "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" to "Basic Editor - A simple text box"? Because if I change my settings to Basic Editor it pretty much looks like the image you posted.

SaintRidley
2014-07-21, 01:40 PM
Just checked my settings, and I've been on standard. Tried switching and then returning and still nothing.

Cleared my cache, nothing.

I apparently lack java in my list of plugins in Chrome. Could that be it? Otherwise I'm at a loss when it comes to plugins/scripts, since I know nothing about that stuff.

Edit - Suddenly, a half hour after all of the above, the issue resolved itself. No idea how, but I have buttons again.

Mando Knight
2014-07-21, 05:30 PM
This site doesn't use Java. Chrome and Firefox keep it disabled by default because of its history of security issues.

bluewind95
2014-07-28, 09:01 PM
If you have adblock, is it possible you may have blocked them by accident?

MikelaC1
2014-07-29, 07:46 AM
I have this problem on one of the two computers I log in from. After some practice, I've learned to work around it, you learn the numbers for the colors and enter it as [color=]