PDA

View Full Version : Modifying your undead[3.5]

Vorandril
2014-07-21, 12:54 PM
Ok, so I know that I could just research a spell of some kind to accomplish this as well but I wanted to check first.

I know there are some templates that can be applied to undead. What I'm curious about is what can one do to further modify them? Sure you can equip them or do Spell+Permanency but I'm curious what you all can come up with that could not be dispelled. Like applying postmortem Multi-headed?

My first contribution: Grafts.

Applying Undead grafts to undead is perfectly legit. Screw with your DM by making a Hydra Zombie with a bunch of Morhg Tongues added in. Sure the DC might suck, but when you're zinging 8+ rolls a turn it has to work eventually. =P

Zaq
2014-07-21, 12:59 PM
The Corpsecrafter line of feats can work, though they're not much good for undead that already exist, since you have to have the feats when you raise the critters.

Vorandril
2014-07-21, 02:27 PM
That's true. The boosts from there are definitely worth getting.

But how can we make these things truly monstrous through modification? >=D

Coidzor
2014-07-21, 03:55 PM
That's true. The boosts from there are definitely worth getting.

But how can we make these things truly monstrous through modification? >=D

Without turning to 3rd party modifications or Homebrew grafts/grafting systems, you mean?

Other than black sand and a handful of spells (IIRC, there's one that gives some hardness to Skeleton-types by plating metal onto the bones, but that might be Pathfinder...), I think the main points have been touched upon with corpsecrafter and grafts. There might be a couple of corpsecrafter style feats in Dragon, though...

Know(Nothing)
2014-07-21, 04:25 PM
Iron Bones pumps up an undead's natural armor, but is probably a spell level or two higher than it should be.

Haunt Shift can be used maliciously creatively, depending on what kind of fun objects you have access to.