PDA

View Full Version : Raeus- Subjugation is liberation! IC [3.5]

ChaosArchon
2014-07-21, 03:37 PM
17th Day of Amariel 275 ACM (After the Cosmic Mandate)

The world of Raeus is a vast world, and from all corners of creation rumors have been rushing around about the going-ons of the world. Some in the East are carrying whispers that the War of the Seven Rhaks may be escalating in scale, as mercenaries from the Mancipum States have arrived to provide aide to various warlords.

There are also rumors of a sighting of a frost dragon in Crystallos, who some claim is the progeny of Nezarul, the Scourge of Crystallos. However these rumors are highly suspect as nobody has seen a dragon anywhere except the Draconian Mountains in nearly three centuries since the War ended.

Even more sinister rumors have come to shore, claiming that the Forest Consortium plans to attack the holy city of Aeros. However given the Alaen Remnant's proclivity to... exaggerate, these rumors are dubious at best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However none of these rumors weigh too heavily upon your mind, as you have more pressing matters at hand, namely standing before Magna Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII, one of the most influential Inquistors in the Alaen Remnant's Ordo Inquistorus. He stands before you clad in a brilliant white fullplate, with a wickedly sharp sword hanging at his side, as well as a cape as red as blood. The room you are in is dimly lit and below ground, almost creating the atmosphere of a dungeon and while no doubt unspeakable horrors have been inflicted here upon the "evil" races, that is not its function today. Today you are begin deputized by Magna Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII as Minora Inquistors in order to hunt out heretics in the Alaen Remnant.

After what feels like a life time of silence, Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII finally speaks to you and says,"The Emperor has smiled upon you and blessed you with the providence to be named as Inquistors and be gifted with the opportunity to stamp out the heretics in this great empire! Remember the Heretic has many forms and you must know them all. You must tell the Heretic from his disguise and root him out from the deepest places. Trust no-one, trust not even yourself. For it is better to die in vain than to live a heretical abomination. The zealous martyr is praised for his valor, while the craven and unready are justly abhorred!" he then pauses to allow you to think on those teachings and then follows the sermon by saying,"The Order has received word that a family of heretics is housing goblins in the city and protecting them from the reach of the holy, it is your job to find where these goblins lie and exterminate them. In the process you should arrest the heretics sheltering those abominations, so that they might be reminded of the love of the Emperor and never stray from the straight path again."

Hattish Thing
2014-07-21, 09:40 PM
17th Day of Amariel 275 ACM (After the Cosmic Mandate)

The world of Raeus is a vast world, and from all corners of creation rumors have been rushing around about the going-ons of the world. Some in the East are carrying whispers that the War of the Seven Rhaks may be escalating in scale, as mercenaries from the Mancipum States have arrived to provide aide to various warlords.

There are also rumors of a sighting of a frost dragon in Crystallos, who some claim is the progeny of Nezarul, the Scourge of Crystallos. However these rumors are highly suspect as nobody has seen a dragon anywhere except the Draconian Mountains in nearly three centuries since the War ended.

Even more sinister rumors have come to shore, claiming that the Forest Consortium plans to attack the holy city of Aeros. However given the Alaen Remnant's proclivity to... exaggerate, these rumors are dubious at best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However none of these rumors weigh too heavily upon your mind, as you have more pressing matters at hand, namely standing before Magna Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII, one of the most influential Inquistors in the Alaen Remnant's Ordo Inquistorus. He stands before you clad in a brilliant white fullplate, with a wickedly sharp sword hanging at his side, as well as a cape as red as blood. The room you are in is dimly lit and below ground, almost creating the atmosphere of a dungeon and while no doubt unspeakable horrors have been inflicted here upon the "evil" races, that is not its function today. Today you are begin deputized by Magna Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII as Minora Inquistors in order to hunt out heretics in the Alaen Remnant.

After what feels like a life time of silence, Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII finally speaks to you and says,"The Emperor has smiled upon you and blessed you with the providence to be named as Inquistors and be gifted with the opportunity to stamp out the heretics in this great empire! Remember the Heretic has many forms and you must know them all. You must tell the Heretic from his disguise and root him out from the deepest places. Trust no-one, trust not even yourself. For it is better to die in vain than to live a heretical abomination. The zealous martyr is praised for his valor, while the craven and unready are justly abhorred!" he then pauses to allow you to think on those teachings and then follows the sermon by saying,"The Order has received word that a family of heretics is housing goblins in the city and protecting them from the reach of the holy, it is your job to find where these goblins lie and exterminate them. In the process you should arrest the heretics sheltering those abominations, so that they might be reminded of the love of the Emperor and never stray from the straight path again."

Haldavar was a younger man, about in his late twenties. He's wearing a vibrant set of red and gold drapes over his crimson robe, his long red cloak trailing behind him, the hood back. He looks upon the Inquisitor with a look of boredom and disinterest. He leans upon his polished white staff with his body-weight, his bare hands wrapped around the white wood. He looks away from the man in shining plate, to gaze upon the others with his cool green eyes, shining like emeralds in the light. He's quite handsome, really. His pale blonde hair falls is well-groomed, and his small beard is kept meticulously. This is obviously a man that tries to keep up his image, and his looks. However, he seems a tad shy, not willing to head up to the others just yet. They were much stronger than him, and though Haldavar was still fairly muscular, he was no warrior. He only signed onto this inquisitor business to have an excuse to see the world. His parents were quite religious, and had always wanted a child in the church. This was as close as Haldavar would ever want to be to fulfilling their dreams. He despised churches. Boring, empty old places. He preferred a spot underneath a large tree, with a journal and an apple in hand, preferably with a young girl beside him. He missed home, sort of. But the sense of adventure was nigh! He finally nods toward Marius and speaks out quietly, his voice charismatic yet somewhat monotonous. And I'm sure once we've talked to them, they won't be staying from your 'path' yet again, sir. He smiles cheekily, for his sentence had just the tiniest sliver of sarcasm in it. Not enough to be clearly noticeable though.

OracleofSilence
2014-07-21, 09:46 PM
"Understood. Make them understand what it is to be loved by the empire." Aedan takes in the room and his fellow minora, thanking, for perhaps the hundredth time, that fact that his recent transformation had removed the urge to yawn. Small blessings, but such things were important while employed by the inquisition. "Do we have reason to suspect that the goblins or family will be violent?"

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-21, 09:53 PM
The Man in Grey stands there.

He is middling height, not tall enough to stand out, not short enough to be notable. He stands with his arms crossed, and leans against a wall. His skin is tan and looks sallow, though perhaps that's reflected color from the grey clothes. He wears faded black boots, dark grey pants, a black shirt, and a sleeveless hooded tunic belted over the latter two. Several locks of long, stringy hair hang out from under the hood, and his eyes are barely visible in the shadow, but look dark. His features are otherwise unremarkable.

He nods.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-21, 10:03 PM
The Inquisitor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII replies to Aedan,"Of course they will be violent, they are heretics and the evil abominations of the dark gods, they are too dull to see any actions beyond the vindictive harm of those loyal to the Emperor."

Teapot Salty
2014-07-21, 11:57 PM
Arwin stands beside the man in the robes, as he looks the most forthcoming of his new companions. Upon looking at the smaller man's splendor, Arwin wishes he took more time to groom himself, and wishes for a slight change of atire. Wearing his old, scarred leather lamalar armor, with no cap to hold back his hair which had grown long in his travels, he is slightly grubby, and has the beginnings of a beard on his face. He is thickly muscled, and he neglected to remove the katana and naginata from his back, currently crossed over each other. As Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII ends his speech, Arwin stifles the smallest of smiles. More training. He took this job for the simple fact that it would let him legally beat the tar out of people. And where can we find these... heretics? He asks, with a voice that has a slight edge of contempt, and much more arrogance.

OracleofSilence
2014-07-21, 11:58 PM
"Everywhere. We must be vigilant." Again, it was a blessing that draconic features could be so rigid.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-22, 12:23 AM
Lesley speaks...

...in a voice that befits someone named Lesley, and not at all a mysterious hooded figure. It's a joyful, lilting voice, with an ambiguous accent. He says, "What do heretics wear? I can't impersonate one if I don't have the clothes for it."

ChaosArchon
2014-07-22, 08:50 AM
"The wear the clothes of deceit and treachery, of malice and wickedness. They are less than sentient my men. We have reports they are somewhere in the third level of the city." answers the Inquisitor.

The third level is essentially the slums, think Whiterun and how it had levels and make the city much bigger and you have an idea of Aero.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-22, 10:42 AM
At "clothes of deceit and treachery" Lesley mutters a word and runs his hand down the front of his outfit, and his clothes shimmer and change. He is suddenly wearing the sort of clothes you might expect a nobleman to wear. Maroon velvet with white lacy trim and a high collar. It's in the current fashion, since he only just bought this shiftweave.

Then he hears "third level." He switches to an old beat-up outfit; dun pants, worn-down shoes, and an undyed shirt with a simple brown woolen vest.

This item is basically just five (six, if you count the unshifted form) outfits magically rolled into one (it's in the MIC.) The first, the grey and black hooded one, is the base. The two I just mentioned are fairly obvious choices. He probably doesn't need a second peasant outfit, but I'm sure one of the other ones is a woman's court dress, to match the man's here. The other two are undecided as yet.

Hattish Thing
2014-07-22, 12:09 PM
Arwin stands beside the man in the robes, as he looks the most forthcoming of his new companions. Upon looking at the smaller man's splendor, Arwin wishes he took more time to groom himself, and wishes for a slight change of atire. Wearing his old, scarred leather lamalar armor, with no cap to hold back his hair which had grown long in his travels, he is slightly grubby, and has the beginnings of a beard on his face. He is thickly muscled, and he neglected to remove the katana and naginata from his back, currently crossed over each other. As Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII ends his speech, Arwin stifles the smallest of smiles. More training. He took this job for the simple fact that it would let him legally beat the tar out of people. And where can we find these... heretics? He asks, with a voice that has a slight edge of contempt, and much more arrogance.

Haldavar is smiling quite brazenly, though he doesn't meet the Inquisitors eyes. He was staring at the floor for a few seconds as he regained his composure. Between Marius's talk of burning heathens and nonsense, and the other man suddenly turning into the world's most well-dressed fop, Haldavar just about cracked and laughed his head off. After a few seconds of biting his tongue, he breathes in deeply and looks over to notice Arwin staring at him. The wizard looks over the much bigger man, clearly impressed with the two huge swords at his back. Really? Just one of those looked nigh impossible to swing! Haldavar ignores the Inquisitor now, to lightly make conversation with Arwin at a whispered tone. What are their names? The swords, I mean.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-22, 05:57 PM
The Inquisitor then looks at you all saying, "Best of luck to you all, the Emperor protects."

As you all leave the building your eyes are briefly blinded by the stark contrast in the light of the office you were just in versus the sun shining in the sky on the first level of Aero. As you look over the city from this vantage point, you can see why it is called the City of Heroes. It is made almost entirely of marble for the walls and roads in all the levels of the cities even the ones in the third level, also known as the Earth District. You can hear the chanting of the city's citizens praying to their Emperor for his protection.

You can see a plethora of posters which spout the sayings of the Alaen Remnant, such as a knight clad in white armor with the phrase below him saying,"Blessed is the mind too small for doubt." along with another poster saying,"An open mind is like an open fortress, with its gates unbarred and unprotected."

OracleofSilence
2014-07-22, 06:04 PM
"So, how long have you lot been on the job? Just started myself."

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-22, 06:36 PM
The changeling, pulling down the mantled hood on his ragged outfit to reveal a face in the process of growing more pinched and rough-featured, says, "As long as you have. Turns out you need to build a reputation in a new area if you want to be hired for... information acquisition. And I spent all my gold getting here."

OracleofSilence
2014-07-22, 07:20 PM
"But really, the Inquisition? I don't know many who choose this line of work. It was this or the stake for me." And it'll be a ship out of here as soon as I can manage it.

Teapot Salty
2014-07-22, 09:11 PM
As the group heads out of the office into the sparkling sunlight, Arwin takes a deep breath, he hates being stuffed up indoors. He leans to Haldavar and says, with a slight smile, and a level of pride: The naginata is called longtooth, in dwarven, the diakatana, windrender, in elven gesturing to the respective weapons. You have the look of a mage about you, and my dear late uncle tells me that all mages prefer certain veriates of spells to others. Which are you most fond of? Upon hearing Aeden's question, he answers: Just got wind of it the other day, figured that it would be a good excuse to swing my blades a few times.

Thank you hatter for the excuse to name my weapons :smallbiggrin:
I think we may be looking at the stereotypical big guy/small guy relationship!
Also, quick notice, if I had time to prepare maneuvers for today, it prepared each one, once.

Hattish Thing
2014-07-23, 10:28 AM
As the group heads out of the office into the sparkling sunlight, Arwin takes a deep breath, he hates being stuffed up indoors. He leans to Haldavar and says, with a slight smile, and a level of pride: The naginata is called longtooth, in dwarven, the diakatana, windrender, in elven gesturing to the respective weapons. You have the look of a mage about you, and my dear late uncle tells me that all mages prefer certain veriates of spells to others. Which are you most fond of? Upon hearing Aeden's question, he answers: Just got wind of it the other day, figured that it would be a good excuse to swing my blades a few times.

Thank you hatter for the excuse to name my weapons :smallbiggrin:
I think we may be looking at the stereotypical big guy/small guy relationship!
Also, quick notice, if I had time to prepare maneuvers for today, it prepared each one, once.

Haldavar strides outside as well, walking alongside Arwin. As the bright sun shines over him, he'll raise a hand out to shield his eyes. Ugh. It was far too hot and bright out today. On another day, he'd go out to the creek and spend his day there, poring over a spellbook in the cold spring under the forest shade. However, today he had things to do! People to meet! Goblins to kill! Once he walks outside and gets used to the change in lighting he continues to speak, walking down the stone steps. Oh? Are they now? I speak both Elven and Dwarven, my fiend. Dwarven was significantly easier than elven, methinks. O, how the elves do enjoy their flowery verses. The language of love, and forests, and sprites. Things like that. Good for poetry, but not much elves. The dwarves are much more... base with their language. Gutteral and to the point, like most of the little bearded men I've met. I've always preferred Draconic, the mystical language of the dragon-kind, of magic! He pauses and chuckles a tad as he walks. Of course I'm a mage, how astute of you, my friend. Was it the bright red robes that alerted you to my nature, or rather the staff at my side? The sarcasm is thick, but he's not hostile. As for your curiosity regarding my specialty, perhaps this riddle ought to make finding the answer to your question!

No legs have I to dance, No lungs have I to breathe, No life have I to live or die And yet I do all three. What am I? He smirks and awaits an answer.

Teapot Salty
2014-07-23, 12:07 PM
Haldavar strides outside as well, walking alongside Arwin. As the bright sun shines over him, he'll raise a hand out to shield his eyes. Ugh. It was far too hot and bright out today. On another day, he'd go out to the creek and spend his day there, poring over a spellbook in the cold spring under the forest shade. However, today he had things to do! People to meet! Goblins to kill! Once he walks outside and gets used to the change in lighting he continues to speak, walking down the stone steps. Oh? Are they now? I speak both Elven and Dwarven, my fiend. Dwarven was significantly easier than elven, methinks. O, how the elves do enjoy their flowery verses. The language of love, and forests, and sprites. Things like that. Good for poetry, but not much elves. The dwarves are much more... base with their language. Gutteral and to the point, like most of the little bearded men I've met. I've always preferred Draconic, the mystical language of the dragon-kind, of magic! He pauses and chuckles a tad as he walks. Of course I'm a mage, how astute of you, my friend. Was it the bright red robes that alerted you to my nature, or rather the staff at my side? The sarcasm is thick, but he's not hostile. As for your curiosity regarding my specialty, perhaps this riddle ought to make finding the answer to your question!

No legs have I to dance, No lungs have I to breathe, No life have I to live or die And yet I do all three. What am I? He smirks and awaits an answer.

Arwin smiles, while not the best at riddles, he does enjoy them, slipping into dwarven he says: Your not a.... meddler with death are you? then, slipping into the more elegant elven, to make a more elegant point: Although, to dance without legs, you need something to provide the energy to dance, to breathe without lungs, you need some other form of breathe for your blood, and without life or death, it could mean to cause the two. I think that it could all be explained if you manipulate energy? Is that it? Arwin is not truly confident in his answer, but it is the best he can come up with quickly. To the people at large he asks: How do you want to go about finding these heretics?

I think that I will speak dwarven in the color gray and elven in the color blue
If it gets confusing let me know, I'll stop.
Also, riddles! One of the cases where it's a pain to play a character who is smarter than me.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-23, 12:28 PM
The changeling's ears pick up at the word "riddle." Lesley's always liked riddles. Maybe it's the faerie blood.
"It's wind, you dolt. He uses wind magic."

Lesley does not have time for those who take riddles too literally.

Hopefully it actually is wind, otherwise Lesley'll feel like a real idiot.

Edit: Hah! He'll feel like a real idiot. Should have guessed it was fire, by the color scheme if nothing else.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-23, 12:40 PM
It's fire and damnit that was going to be a riddle for the campaign, how did you read my mind Hatter :smalleek:

OracleofSilence
2014-07-23, 12:46 PM
"That reminds me, before we get much further." Aedan jams a claw into his left index finger opening up a small wound, and walks to each Inquisitor, marking their foreheads with a small draconic rune. "There. I shouldn't wind up burning you guys to death now. Figured I'd just get that out of the way." He pulls out a small roll of bandages and ties the wound off

Applying Enduring Exposure to each party member. Technically has a 10% spell failure, but its at-will, so that isn't really a problem 24hr duration too.

Anyone that can read draconic will recognize the runes as saying (roughly) "not in the face"

Hattish Thing
2014-07-23, 02:33 PM
Arwin smiles, while not the best at riddles, he does enjoy them, slipping into dwarven he says: Your not a.... meddler with death are you? then, slipping into the more elegant elven, to make a more elegant point: Although, to dance without legs, you need something to provide the energy to dance, to breathe without lungs, you need some other form of breathe for your blood, and without life or death, it could mean to cause the two. I think that it could all be explained if you manipulate energy? Is that it? Arwin is not truly confident in his answer, but it is the best he can come up with quickly. To the people at large he asks: How do you want to go about finding these heretics?

I think that I will speak dwarven in the color gray and elven in the color blue
If it gets confusing let me know, I'll stop.
Also, riddles! One of the cases where it's a pain to play a character who is smarter than me.

Haldavar is obviously greatly amused by his new friend's attempts at solving the riddle. He makes no attempt to hide what he's saying, by changing his language, but rather continues to speak in his lazy common tongue, a hint of scorn in his voice. Meddle with death? Necromancy you mean? Hah. Never appealed to me, really. I knew a man, he schooled with me long ago. His name was Salicious Kax. Always quite fond of the whole life after death thing... And he ended up dabbling in necromancy, which in turn led him to the Black Teachings, blood magics and infernal pacts. I'm not sure what happened to Salicious... But last I remember, he was arrested for... ahem... what was it... Ah, yes. Improper conduct with the corpse of another schoolmate's mother. Dreadful business, that. He smiles to himself, and it's nigh impossible to tell whether Haldavar was telling the truth he about this, 'Salicious Kax', or not. He continues to speak, however, before Arwin can reply to that pleasant bit of nostalgia. Ahhh. What breathes without lungs? Relies upon oxygen without exhaling? Hehe. I do manipulate energy, my friend, but your answer is quite wide. It's like me asking what type of weapon you specialize in, and for you to say swords!

I won't leave you enraptured in suspense much longer, friend. The answer is f-

The changeling's ears pick up at the word "riddle." Lesley's always liked riddles. Maybe it's the faerie blood.
"It's wind, you dolt. He uses wind magic."

Lesley does not have time for those who take riddles too literally.

Hopefully it actually is wind, otherwise Lesley'll feel like a real idiot.

Edit: Hah! He'll feel like a real idiot. Should have guessed it was fire, by the color scheme if nothing else.

Haldavar is just about to speak and reveal the answer, when he's interrupted by the other individual. He turns his head to gaze upon Lesley, before erupted in a fit of laughter, his muscular and fit frame shaking with mirth, before he speaks to the changeling, his smile showing through despite his efforts to keep himself composed. Wind? What? O, great master of riddles, you have honored me with your clearly vast intellect, and answered my riddle. Only problem is, you answered wrong. At least you were confident in it all? So, uhhh. Go you, for effort and all that. He laughs at Lesley again, all respect and chances for Haldavar to take the changeling seriously gone with the proverbial 'wind'. He turns back to Awin and speaks. The answer, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, is fire. I specialize in evocation magics, specifically fire. Look. And with that, he casts a tiny little trick of prestidigitation. A small flame rises from his finger, before he extinguishes the flame with a mysterious wave of his hand. Quite the performer, it seems. He taps the white staff upon the ground yet again before resuming his speech. Always had a fondness for fire. The destroyer! Vanquisher! Scorcher of life. But also quite useful in war... Ever heard of cauterization? The fire burns even the fiercest of diseases away as if they were nothing!

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-23, 02:45 PM
Lesley turns away, and begins changing his face.

His clothes go back to the foppish red clothes he was wearing before, and when he turns back, he looks like Haldavar.

He continues walking as though nothing happened.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-24, 01:53 PM
The group continues to go down the city and eventually reach the third level of Aero, also known as the Circle of Earth. Whereas in the first level, you all had plenty of space in the streets, down here the entire streets are crammed full of people, some trudging towards their jobs or homes, while others are simply sitting on the side of the streets asking for money to be able to feed themselves.

You have entered through one the gates that separates the second level and now stand right outside of said gate.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-24, 02:19 PM
Once he had made his point (I can look like you, and make fun of you in so doing,) Lesley reverted to peasant-mode, the better to blend in. He pulls up his hood, shadowing his face, and puts on a pair of rough leather work gloves.

Teapot Salty
2014-07-24, 02:50 PM
Glancing at Lesley as he changed form, Arwin raises an eyebrow. Looking like a peasant is all fine and good, but the rest of them didn't. A man in rich robes, a man wearing to massive weapons on his back, and a dragon...thing. They were bound to draw attention. Resting he hand on the handle of windrender. He looks at the beggers with disgust, and is taken aback by his own aggression. Maybe some of them were cripples, but the rest could be working, or fighting, or anything. They could also be heretics, Arwin thinks with a start. Leaning into Haldavar he says: out of curiosity, and a level of concern, how do you mages defend yourselves in crowds?

Can we say that dwarven is essentially German, and elven French or Italian? I think that those languages would represent each other best. Or it could just be made up. But putting in real world languages can help is say phrases in them if we know the language. (I know a bit of french and german, Ich bin ein monmount eine kartoffel)

Hattish Thing
2014-07-24, 03:26 PM
Glancing at Lesley as he changed form, Arwin raises an eyebrow. Looking like a peasant is all fine and good, but the rest of them didn't. A man in rich robes, a man wearing to massive weapons on his back, and a dragon...thing. They were bound to draw attention. Resting he hand on the handle of windrender. He looks at the beggers with disgust, and is taken aback by his own aggression. Maybe some of them were cripples, but the rest could be working, or fighting, or anything. They could also be heretics, Arwin thinks with a start. Leaning into Haldavar he says: out of curiosity, and a level of concern, how do you mages defend yourselves in crowds?

Haldavar snickers as the shapechanger walks away from him, under his guise. Yes, yes, hide your shame. An interesting trick, however, bound to be quite useful. I wasn't aware your kind was commonly found in this land. I wonder what you look like, underneath all those... guises, and lies, and skins. Must be dreadfully painful, hiding yourself from humanity. I'm sorry for you, friend. His smile slowly changes to a look of caring sympathy as he continues to talk. Haldavar was quite proud of his looks, and always felt pity towards cripples and beggars born with disfigurements of the flesh. He shrugs before turning his thoughts away from such things and speaking to Arwin. Heh. Usually, those with magical ability know better than to come roaring into crowds. However, those of a higher power can easily twist the minds of the weak-willed. Or, if that doesn't work... what peasant isn't afraid of a little fire? I find fear, and a promise of great pain much more useful than actually harming someone. Futhermore, I'm hardly unarmed, my friend.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-24, 11:56 PM
Haldavar snickers as the shapechanger walks away from him, under his guise. Yes, yes, hide your shame. An interesting trick, however, bound to be quite useful. I wasn't aware your kind was commonly found in this land. I wonder what you look like, underneath all those... guises, and lies, and skins. Must be dreadfully painful, hiding yourself from humanity. I'm sorry for you, friend. His smile slowly changes to a look of caring sympathy as he continues to talk. Haldavar was quite proud of his looks, and always felt pity towards cripples and beggars born with disfigurements of the flesh. He shrugs before turning his thoughts away from such things and speaking to Arwin. Heh. Usually, those with magical ability know better than to come roaring into crowds. However, those of a higher power can easily twist the minds of the weak-willed. Or, if that doesn't work... what peasant isn't afraid of a little fire? I find fear, and a promise of great pain much more useful than actually harming someone. Futhermore, I'm hardly unarmed, my friend.

When Haldavar's speech is done, The Changeling says, "I've got no clue myself as to how common my kind is. As you say, we hide ourselves from humanity, and surely cry ourselves to sleep each night. And we don't usually reveal ourselves. I would never have, if this weren't a professional partnership.

You can call me Lesley, by the way. Names like that help keep things straight no matter what form I take. Lesley... Ellis."

That was kinda in the past... the issues with keeping time when everybody is posting everything at different points.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-25, 12:13 AM
As you all continue to talk while walking through the streets, you eventually arrive at the house indicated by Inquisitor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII as the home of the suspected heretics. It appears to be no different from any of the other houses along the street you've walked along, it looks run-down, small, and most likely rather dirty.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-25, 12:23 AM
As the group approaches, Lesley says, "Well... There're three ways we can do this, as I see it. First way, we just run in, yell 'Inquisitors!' and fight 'em. Second way, we wait for one of them to come outside, catch 'em, and I go in looking like that one. Then I open the door for you guys, and we go on in, all sneaky-like. Third way, Mister 'My Riddle Applies Equally to Fire and Wind' over there shows us what he's here for, and we just burn the place down and say it happened in the fighting."

I'm going to start bolding his speech, since the color is hard to read normally.

Teapot Salty
2014-07-25, 02:15 AM
I say we fight em' says Arwin, sneaking around is all fine and good, but he needs to test his steel to become stronger. Sneaking about is dishonorable and unlikely to work just as we plan it, and burning the place down would cause a little too much collateral damage, don't you think? He says, to justify his want to kick in the door.

This is my last or second last post IC
Chaos, when you NPC me, in combat could you essentially play me as a rush in and smack them? Also, moment of perfect mind on the first will save that I can identify and super dangerous, If I can't identify it than do it anyway.

Hattish Thing
2014-07-25, 08:50 AM
As the group approaches, Lesley says, "Well... There're three ways we can do this, as I see it. First way, we just run in, yell 'Inquisitors!' and fight 'em. Second way, we wait for one of them to come outside, catch 'em, and I go in looking like that one. Then I open the door for you guys, and we go on in, all sneaky-like. Third way, Mister 'My Riddle Applies Equally to Fire and Wind' over there shows us what he's here for, and we just burn the place down and say it happened in the fighting."

I'm going to start bolding his speech, since the color is hard to read normally.

Haldavar frowns towards Lesley and speaks. What do you mean equally to wind? When was the last time some floating gas lived? Or breathed? Or died? Fire dies when you set it out, or step on it. It breathes as fuel is provided. It dances, shimmering and lighting up the very air around it! Wind doesn't do that. You're more wind than man. He's obviously a tad insulted that the answer to his riddle was seriously considered to be wind. He then seems further insulted. Burn the place down? There could be innocents inside! And the property damage would be massive. You can't just go around burning things and people to the ground.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-25, 09:00 AM
Oh? Wind and fire both dance. If wind can blow, then surely it must breathe. And when the wind grows less it is said to 'die down,' just as fire. Besides, I had heard a riddle not far off about wind once.

In response to the comment on burning, he just shrugs. So much for the easy way...

Teapot Salty
2014-07-25, 03:29 PM
To be totally fair, a man without legs can still dance, horribly. Says Arwin, drawing Windrender. Shall we kick in the door? I want to cut something. I'll go in first, seeing as I am the only one here who looks like they've ever been stabbed, which is unpleasant, by the way He grins at the prospect of coming combat.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-27, 10:15 PM
Leslie* says, Heh. In my profession, it's a mark of honor to say I've never been stabbed. Tell you what. Let's try knocking first. Scare 'em into surrendering. You know, in case it's the wrong house, since we apparently shouldn't kill any innocents. Besides, we were supposed to capture them. But if nobody answers, you can kick the door until it breaks.

He switches to a dark-haired form with a goatee. His clothes become a heavy, dark robe of soft material with an expansive hood, trailing off to a point in the back. And bright red fingerless gloves, for some reason. He looks kind of official, in a Wizardly sort of way.

Going to start spelling it like this. It looks better, in my opinion.

Teapot Salty
2014-07-28, 02:15 PM
Slightly downcast, Arwin says: Fine, but don't blame me when we take twelve arrows to the face, I might not be inclined to take them for you. Pausing for a moment to consider weather to do this the subtle way, or the fun way, Arwin chuckles to himself. He raises his fist from Windrender to the door, glances at the party with a look of "is this alright?" And Bangs on the door shouting Open up! Inquisition! Lowers his hand with a glare at whoever stopped him.

OracleofSilence
2014-07-28, 03:37 PM
"Better idea." Aedan smoothly interposes himself between Arwin and the door, hammering on it is hard as possible. "Please, you have to help us! They just took my friend!" as he says that, he does his best to indicate to his companions that they should either make themselves scarce or get in on the act Maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't. But it wouldn't cause as much of a scene as literally beating down the door.

Bluff" [roll0] 17 total.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-28, 04:47 PM
Leslie switches back to peasant clothes. He'd been planning on running in and trying to scare them into submission. Ah well.

Hattish Thing
2014-07-28, 06:52 PM
Haldavar simply sighs and watches the others begin their business. He'll bring a hand up to lightly stroke his blonde beard, pondering whether it would be considered acceptable in the eyes of his new companions to take out his pipe and smoke a tad. It didn't look like he'd be of much use in getting inside the place. After all, he had big people in the group for breaking down doors and things like that. So, he'll lean up against his white staff, ignoring the utterly preposterous new wizardish costume the shapechanger was wearing. The roguish individual looked absolutely ridiculous. He didn't look like that all the time, did he? He'll raise his eyebrows high and wonder... Do I look like that all the time? :smalleek:

ChaosArchon
2014-07-30, 12:54 PM
A older man, in his forties opens the door slightly and looks at the party,"What do you want me fer, seems like you lot are well equipped enough to resca yer frien?"

OracleofSilence
2014-07-30, 12:57 PM
"Not for where they took him. We just need a place to hide. Please." Alright, doors open. A good start.

Bluff: [roll0]
Diplomacy: [roll1]

ChaosArchon
2014-07-30, 01:01 PM
The man looks sympathetic but also remains cautious,"Who yer runnin from?"

OracleofSilence
2014-07-30, 01:04 PM
"I look like I do. My friend there is a changeling. These fine gentlemen were kind enough to help us into the city, without official papers. Who do you think we're running from?"

Bluff: [roll0]
Diplomacy [roll1]

ChaosArchon
2014-07-30, 01:15 PM
The man looks around quickly and the just as quick rushes you inside, "Alright you can hide out here but don't make any noise."

As you enter the house, you see that it is extremely run down. The dinning room, sitting room and kitchen all are the same room; and you can see a small worn out staircase leading upstairs.

"The kids are at school, and mah wifey is grabbin dinna. Anyway you guys can hide in the chilren rum and I'll try to send off any Inqustors who come a lookin."

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-30, 01:44 PM
When the group is alone, Leslie whispers, "Should we conk 'im on the head and then I can take his place? That's my favorite part."

Hattish Thing
2014-07-30, 08:10 PM
Haldavar walks past the dingy man, frowning upon the smell of the peasant as he slides through the area. Still, he felt a tad sympathetic to the man. It looked run-down here, as if the family didn't have much money to afford anything but basic groceries. It saddened him. The brightly-dressed wizard didn't quite like seeing other people suffer. He couldn't turn his face away from the suffering of the lower-class like his parents could. He had too much of a conscious. He sighs and speaks to Leslie again, "Knock him out? You're so violent. They're just poor people, shapechanger. Not sure why they allow the goblins to stay... Perhaps they're being paid? They certainly look to need the gold..."

Teapot Salty
2014-07-30, 08:15 PM
Or we could be honest about it Arwin whispers back And besides, what if he isn't our man? I don't think we should go around knocking men out, so far his only confirmed crime has been offering to hide some people without legal papers. We should just try to find out more about him.

'Neath the Moon
2014-07-30, 08:57 PM
"I feel like I'm the only one here who listened to that crap our new boss was spewing. We're working for the Inquisitors. They're needlessly violent and judgemental. I'm getting into character. " So saying, the changeling switches his face to that of their aforementioned boss."Now. What's our totally nonviolent plan for dealing with these individuals who may or may not be violent criminals?" he asks, crossing his arms authoritatively.

Teapot Salty
2014-08-01, 02:46 PM
And what if they aren't criminals? I will not go about assaulting innocent people He says sternly, and then adds, his old arrogance flaring up again: And besides, do you really think that anything hiding in this must hole could hurt us? He does not add, however, that by us, he meant me.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-07, 07:32 PM
As you are talking you begin to hear a pair of footsteps coming up the stairs.

'Neath the Moon
2014-08-10, 07:40 PM
I'm fine with whatever we decide, just so long as I don't have to seduce anybody. Worst part of the "look like anybody" gig... Leslie trails off as he hears the creaking.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-11, 08:58 PM
The man has returned,"So I talked to a friend of mine, who reckons he can hide ya away from the Inquistors. Ye in?"

'Neath the Moon
2014-08-11, 11:08 PM
Leslie, who still looks more than a little bit like Inquistor Marius Cognes Praeignator Julius the VII, smiles and gives a thumbs-up.

OracleofSilence
2014-08-11, 11:28 PM
Aedan's smile seems to light up the room "I can't thank you enough. You have been far to kind."... and I feel like a piece of sh*t for making you do it.

Teapot Salty
2014-08-12, 10:23 AM
Arwin bows, somewhat stiffly and mumbles his gratitude.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-23, 02:44 AM
The man smiles at you all,"The slumbering gods must have woken from their slumber and blessed you for you to come at my doorstep at your time of need. I'll make sure those fascist dogs don't get any of you." he says with a warm smile on his face,"now follow me downstairs please."

Teapot Salty
2014-09-07, 08:31 PM
Arwin smiles, stretches his shoulders and fallows.

'Neath the Moon
2014-09-07, 11:53 PM
Leslie joins the queue and says, "Thank'ee sir, you've been most helpful and I'll not forget it."

OracleofSilence
2014-09-07, 11:54 PM
"Indeed. Far more helpful then we had any right to expect." This was wrong. On so many gods-damned levels, this was wrong.

ChaosArchon
2014-09-08, 12:44 AM
The man brings you downstairs where you see a pair waiting for you while situated around the small dinner table the family uses. The pair consists of a man who appears to be roughly thirty years of age, with long brown hair; while his partner is a younger looking elf who has long white hair that falls to her waist. Both are clothed in long black patchwork robe. When they see you, they speak in unison saying,"Hello, we are confederates of this man and he informed us you are looking for a place to hide. If your intent be true, we are willing to take you to our sanctuary, safe from the prying claws of the Emperor's guard-dogs."