PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Building an Obstacle Course

Malaqai
2014-07-21, 07:29 PM
Hey Playgrounders. I have a session coming up very soon (tomorrow), and I'd like to put together an obstacle course for my PCs. Is there any way to do this without turning the game into a series of skill checks?

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 07:35 PM
Hey Playgrounders. I have a session coming up very soon (tomorrow), and I'd like to put together an obstacle course for my PCs. Is there any way to do this without turning the game into a series of skill checks?

Make it stuff that skill checks cant account for, stuff like the target that will release the gate and let you to the next section is enchanted and will only respond to a magic missile stuff like that

2014-07-21, 07:37 PM
Well, you could always use logic tests. How about a monster that forces you to use a ranged attack or something?

EDIT: Use a tall mouther

Malaqai
2014-07-21, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. Ordinarily I'd go the logic test route, but the party burned through a lot of my material yesterday, and tomorrow's our last chance to gather with everyone for a bit. Tests that are neither too hard or too easy are hard to get right, and I'm already throwing a lot of my logic resources at a big puzzle bridge.