View Full Version : Dual wielding shenanigans

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 09:28 PM
So i remember reading that there was a feat or skill trick or some such that let you dual wield kusarigamas, am i insane or is there such a thing?

JusticeZero
2014-07-21, 09:31 PM
Well, they're already a dual weapon.. so you're talking about some way to wield two double weapons at once. Or do I misunderstand?

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 09:33 PM
Well, they're already a dual weapon.. so you're talking about some way to wield two double weapons at once. Or do I misunderstand?

it was something about being able to dual wield light weapons and then a guy said that you could dual wield kusarigamas and now i have the mental image of a guy holding the scythe ends and spinning both of the chains :smalltongue:

Edit: though if you can THINK of a way to dual wield double weapons that would be pretty cool :smallamused:

Erik Vale
2014-07-21, 09:34 PM
You would need four hands, which means you need either:
-A casting of Girrilions Arms.
-Diopsid[Iffy, Some GM's Disagree]/Thri-Kreen Race.
-2 or More arm giving Grafts. Cheapest being [I think] Ghostly Arms at 3000/1 from Libris Mortis.
-The Arms on the shoulder item from MIC.

Edit: Oh, not a double weapon. In this case you need TWF, Oversized TWF and Monkey Grip.

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 09:39 PM
So apparently the DMG has them listed as 1 handed light weapons? thats what im reading anyways

Zombulian
2014-07-21, 09:47 PM
So apparently the DMG has them listed as 1 handed light weapons? thats what im reading anyways

Yeah it's not a special feat or anything. It's just that while it's still in reach mode it's a one handed weapon. So you can dual wield them like regular.

Aetis
2014-07-21, 09:49 PM
I clicked on thread expecting to see.... something bit more crazier..

Something like a barbarian/fighter with Monkey Grip + Oversized weapon fighting etc, wielding two weighted Large buster blades attached to his wrists by 50ft chains, which he would toss around to squash /cut enemies, jump and negotiate-in-air spider-man style using his chains + buster blades as anchors, before landing and using the giant blades as both physical walls and a convenient way to deny line of sight.

I dunno.

Zombulian
2014-07-21, 09:50 PM

Something like a barbarian/fighter with Monkey Grip + Oversized weapon fighting etc, wielding two weighted Large buster blades attached to his wrists by 50ft chains, which he would toss around to squash /cut enemies, jump and negotiate-in-air spider-man style using his chains + buster blades as anchors, before landing and using the giant blades as both physical walls and a convenient way to deny line of sight.

I dunno.

Ie: Ya average epic barbarian

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 09:51 PM
Ie: Ya average epic barbarian

for these forums maybe :smalltongue:

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 09:54 PM
i would love to see any dual-wielding shenanigans builds you people have though, bonus points if you can make it kusarigamas :smallwink:

Zanos
2014-07-21, 09:55 PM
for these forums maybe :smalltongue:
I would cry if I made an Epic Barbarian and it wasn't at least that awesome.

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 10:02 PM
I would cry if I made an Epic Barbarian and it wasn't at least that awesome.

Whoa now slow down cowboy, who ever said we made it to epic levels? :smallamused:

Leviting
2014-07-21, 10:16 PM

I dunno.

so this guy?
http://wallpaper-download.net/wallpapers/styles/larger/public/game-wallpapers-kratos-god-war-wallpaper-31421.jpg?itok=5wAa5SCM

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 10:19 PM
so this guy?
http://wallpaper-download.net/wallpapers/styles/larger/public/game-wallpapers-kratos-god-war-wallpaper-31421.jpg?itok=5wAa5SCM

Nah his blades need to be about 20% bigger :smalltongue:

Aetis
2014-07-21, 10:23 PM
Blades need to be bigger.

It needs to be big as the guy who's wielding them, so that they can deny line of sight to him.

Hazrond
2014-07-21, 10:25 PM
Blades need to be bigger.

It needs to be big as the guy who's wielding them, so that they can deny line of sight to him.

So sharpened tower shields? :smallbiggrin:

Aetis
2014-07-21, 10:28 PM
I'm sure it's nothing Monkey grip and Exotic weapon proficiency can't fix.

Leviting
2014-07-21, 10:39 PM
so this guy plus chains.
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100613193229/bionicle/images/3/34/Set_Toa_Lhikan.png

lets just call him warforged.

gr8artist
2014-07-21, 10:41 PM
So sharpened tower shields? :smallbiggrin:

Is that a thing? Please say that's a thing.

My current best is using a shield with a 1-handed reach trip weapon (Flying Talon (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-descriptions/flying-talon)).
I've got a feat that gives a free bull rush when shield bashing, and an ability that allows me to make an attack of opportunity after succeeding a combat maneuver. I use my trip maneuver in place of the melee attack.
So, I hit/bull-rush with my shield, pushing them back 5 ft., then use my AoO to trip them from a distance. My character can summon a spiritual weapon to deal damage each round, and I can attack/disarm at 10 feet as well. I also get multiple AoO's each round.
So yeah, stall tactics.

Zombulian
2014-07-22, 01:41 AM
Alright. Okay. So you want Kusari Gama dual wielding shenanigans? I'll give you shenanigans.
Straight Fighter, we're in men's territory now. (A few levels of Warblade never hurt though.)
Be a Lesser Duergar for the Expansion PsLA. Take Inhuman Reach (make sure you specify that your arms are tentacles now), Willing Deformity: Tall, and Extended Reach. While Expanded, your two Kusari Gamas threaten 50ft all around you. Now comes the fun. Take Combat Reflexes and boost your Dex, and find other ways to increase the amount of AoO's you get. Take Double Hit, effectively doubling your amount of AoO's. Take Stormguard Warrior and laugh maniacally as your enemies trigger so many attacks of opportunity that you then ignore, that on your next turn you have +240 (8x30, 8 being the bonus you accrue from Double Hit and 30 being an estimated amount of movement from all enemies within your range) to Hit and Damage on all of your attacks.

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 01:47 AM
Alright. Okay. So you want Kusari Gama dual wielding shenanigans? I'll give you shenanigans.
Straight Fighter, we're in men's territory now. (A few levels of Warblade never hurt though.)
Be a Lesser Duergar for the Expansion PsLA. Take Inhuman Reach (make sure you specify that your arms are tentacles now), Willing Deformity: Tall, and Extended Reach. While Expanded, your two Kusari Gamas threaten 50ft all around you. Now comes the fun. Take Combat Reflexes and boost your Dex, and find other ways to increase the amount of AoO's you get. Take Double Hit, effectively doubling your amount of AoO's. Take Stormguard Warrior and laugh maniacally as your enemies trigger so many attacks of opportunity that you then ignore, that on your next turn you have +240 (8x30, 8 being the bonus you accrue from Double Hit and 30 being an estimated amount of movement from all enemies within your range) to Hit and Damage on all of your attacks.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Zombulian
2014-07-22, 01:56 AM

Ah, discovered a snag in the build. You only get the bonus against the person you refrained from attacking. That's still not so bad though. Assuming someone tries to close the entire gap between you and them you get +80 to Hit and Dmg.

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 02:09 AM
Ah, discovered a snag in the build. You only get the bonus against the person you refrained from attacking. That's still not so bad though. Assuming someone tries to close the entire gap between you and them you get +80 to Hit and Dmg.

i said it best the first time,

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2014-07-22, 02:09 AM
Kratos' Anarch Razors were actually printed in Dragon issue 358, page 68. There's actually an entire page of rules for them.

Any large size character (Half-Minotaur Water Orc preferably), go Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/ War Hulk 10 with TWF and Gloves of the Balanced Hand. Get Combat Reflexes, Knock-Back and its prerequisites, Improved Trip and its prerequisite, and of course use two Kusar-Gamas. You'll threaten 20 ft. away, and every attack you make, including AoO's and follow-up hits from Improved Trip, will hit every opponent within reach. Sweep everyone into the corner and dungeoncrash them against the wall, make trip attacks initially on everyone and even one successful trip gives you another swing on everyone else, so the more opponents you're facing the more trip chances and hits/dungeoncrashes you'll get against each one. If someone tries to get up from prone or escape, your AoO dungeoncrashes everyone in the pile, trips anyone who's not already prone, and gives you follow-up attacks which also hit/dungeoncrash everyone within reach. If you can cheese some BAB (item of Divine Power, gestalt, etc.) you can throw on Defensive Sweep so everyone who doesn't move on their turn provokes another AoO from you, which again hits everyone within reach and dungeoncrashes them all again. Putting Wrathful Healing and Speed on your weapons is highly recommended.

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 02:12 AM
Kratos' Anarch Razors were actually printed in Dragon issue 358, page 68. There's actually an entire page of rules for them.

Any large size character (Half-Minotaur Water Orc preferably), go Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/ War Hulk 10 with TWF and Gloves of the Balanced Hand. Get Combat Reflexes, Knock-Back and its prerequisites, Improved Trip and its prerequisite, and of course use two Kusar-Gamas. You'll threaten 20 ft. away, and every attack you make, including AoO's and follow-up hits from Improved Trip, will hit every opponent within reach. Sweep everyone into the corner and dungeoncrash them against the wall, make trip attacks initially on everyone and even one successful trip gives you another swing on everyone else, so the more opponents you're facing the more trip chances and hits/dungeoncrashes you'll get against each one. If someone tries to get up from prone or escape, your AoO dungeoncrashes everyone in the pile, trips anyone who's not already prone, and gives you follow-up attacks which also hit/dungeoncrash everyone within reach. If you can cheese some BAB (item of Divine Power, gestalt, etc.) you can throw on Defensive Sweep so everyone who doesn't move on their turn provokes another AoO from you, which again hits everyone within reach and dungeoncrashes them all again. Putting Wrathful Healing and Speed on your weapons is highly recommended.

this build reminds me of when they asked a computer about war and it said "the only answer is to not play" :smallbiggrin:

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 02:16 AM

sometimes i wish i could find a place to download the set of 3.5 dragon magazines, finding any particular issue is a NIGHTMARE online :smallannoyed: