PDA

View Full Version : X skill to Y effect

Diovid
2014-07-22, 03:25 AM
I was wondering if there was a list of skills which replace something else (mostly other skills but possibly not always). Examples:

2nd Darksong Knight substitution level (champions of valor): Feint with perform (dance) instead of with bluff.

Favored in Guild (Performer) feat (DMG II): Make perform and profession checks instead of diplomacy and gather information checks in cities.

Unnerving Calm feat (ToB): Use concentration instead of intimidate for duels of wills.

Note that this is slightly different from the x stat to y bonus handbook in that sometimes a skill linked to a stat is replaced by a skill of the same stat.

Psyren
2014-07-22, 09:06 AM
Exemplar can use any skill to perform a Diplomacy check. This is the base of builds like Jumplomancer.

Beyond that I don't know if a list like this exists anywhere, maybe you could make one.

sideswipe
2014-07-22, 10:12 AM
Exemplar can use any skill to perform a Diplomacy check. This is the base of builds like Jumplomancer.

Beyond that I don't know if a list like this exists anywhere, maybe you could make one.

or the assplomancer :smallbiggrin:

Diovid
2014-07-22, 05:09 PM

I'm working on it (slowly), I was just hoping someone else beat me to it :smallwink:

Forrestfire
2014-07-22, 05:11 PM
Undersong (SpC, Bard 1) lets you use Perform for Concentration. Amazing for Song of the White Raven people (and with Weapon Drill).

Deadline
2014-07-22, 06:11 PM
Undersong (SpC, Bard 1) lets you use Perform for Concentration. Amazing for Song of the White Raven people (and with Weapon Drill).

Or scrap Weapon Drill, and just use The Power of Metal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=16084344&postcount=270) to wipe the floor with your enemies. :smallwink:

Nettlekid
2014-07-22, 06:29 PM
Would this also include things where you use a skill instead of another roll, like the save-replacing maneuvers or the Seeker of the Song setting DCs on Perform?

eggynack
2014-07-22, 06:36 PM
Gatekeeper initiate lets you use knowledge (the planes) instead of knowledge (dungeoneering) to identify aberrations.

Diovid
2014-07-23, 02:16 AM
Would this also include things where you use a skill instead of another roll, like the save-replacing maneuvers or the Seeker of the Song setting DCs on Perform?
Yes to both I think.

Edit: On second thought, no to Seeker of the Song. I'm only looking for skill checks which replace something else.

Incorrect
2014-07-23, 07:59 AM
Person_Man posted "X stat to Y bonus", it includes a section on skills. The table is a bit garbled but its probably a good place to start

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?125732-3-x-X-stat-to-Y-bonus

Telonius
2014-07-23, 08:19 AM
The Melodic Casting feat from Complete Mage lets you use Perform instead of Concentration, but only for purposes of casting or using a spell-like ability. It also allows you to cast spells while using Bardic Music, so it's a terrific feat for Bards generally. Maybe not quite on the level of Natural Spell for Druids, but it's pretty rare that I build one without that feat.

Rebel7284
2014-07-23, 09:16 AM
Autohypnosis skill natively allows you to modify your concentration and heal [stabilize] skill checks.

Gildedragon
2014-07-23, 09:49 AM
Sleight of hand can be used as a perform check for gp per day earned
Appraise can be used to detect magic

Diovid
2014-07-24, 03:51 AM
Autohypnosis skill natively allows you to modify your concentration and heal [stabilize] skill checks.
What exactly are you referring to? (book and page number?)

Sleight of hand can be used as a perform check for gp per day earned
Appraise can be used to detect magic
The use of sleight of hand is part of the core rules, as such I'm not sure if I will mention that.

When mentioning appraise you mean the epic usage of appraise right?

Teh_das
2014-07-24, 04:05 AM
If I remember, he's referring to a use of appraise to identify magic items. I think there's a feat that does it.