PDA

View Full Version : Power Gamer Domain

inertia709
2014-07-22, 05:48 AM
A while ago, my group was talking about starting a satirical campaign that constantly breaks the fourth wall. One aspect of the setting is a unique pantheon, including Pun-Pun, god of the power gamers. He has his own domain unique to him, called the Power Gamer (or Munchkin) domain, which includes the "best" spells of each level as its bonus domain spells. My question to you is: what would be the spells in this domain? They could simply be the "best" spells for their level in your own opinion, or they could have some synergy with each other or the cleric's other abilities (for instance, Wraithstrike with DMM(Persist)).

Bonus points to anyone who comes up with a worthy level 4 spell that doesn't begin with "P" and end with "morph." :smalltongue:

AMFV
2014-07-22, 10:18 AM
A while ago, my group was talking about starting a satirical campaign that constantly breaks the fourth wall. One aspect of the setting is a unique pantheon, including Pun-Pun, god of the power gamers. He has his own domain unique to him, called the Power Gamer (or Munchkin) domain, which includes the "best" spells of each level as its bonus domain spells. My question to you is: what would be the spells in this domain? They could simply be the "best" spells for their level in your own opinion, or they could have some synergy with each other or the cleric's other abilities (for instance, Wraithstrike with DMM(Persist)).

Bonus points to anyone who comes up with a worthy level 4 spell that doesn't begin with "P" and end with "morph." :smalltongue:

There already is a Munchkin Domain, in the Munchkin Player's handbook.

KorbeltheReader
2014-07-22, 10:32 AM
Celerity. Boom. Frankly, I use it more and find it more powerful than polymorph.

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 10:57 AM

might i recommend shivering touch and wings of flurry? :smallbiggrin:

heavyfuel
2014-07-22, 11:34 AM
might i recommend shivering touch and wings of flurry? :smallbiggrin:

I might be missing something, but is this particularly OP? Shivering Touch I know of, but Wings of Flurry seem good, but hardly as a gamebreaker.

HammeredWharf
2014-07-22, 11:34 AM
1. Wraithstrike
2. Alter Self
3. Shivering Touch
4. Celerity
5. Owl's Insight
6. Planar Binding
7. Consumptive Field, Greater
8. Moment of Prescience
9. Ice Assassin

...maybe?

Cowardly Griffo
2014-07-22, 11:36 AM
Clearly it would grant Wish as a level 1 spell, as according to all the legends Pun-Pun uses early-level infinite wish tricks. :smallcool:

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-22, 11:37 AM
1. Wraithstrike
2. Alter Self
3. Shivering Touch
4. Celerity
5. Owl's Insight
6. Planar Binding
7. Consumptive Field, Greater
8. Moment of Prescience
9. Ice Assassin

...maybe?

May want to change Consumptive Field to Energy Transformation Field.

Also ideas on a granted power?

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 11:41 AM
I might be missing something, but is this particularly OP? Shivering Touch I know of, but Wings of Flurry seem good, but hardly as a gamebreaker.

its CL d6 damage with a save or suck built in, whats not to love? :smallbiggrin:

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 11:42 AM
May want to change Consumptive Field to Energy Transformation Field.

Also ideas on a granted power?

granted power is access to all spell lists :smalltongue:

Urpriest
2014-07-22, 11:45 AM
Granted power: once per day you may ignore the provided definition of a game term, and instead treat it as any one definition listed in a dictionary of your choice. The ruling stands for the entire game-world for the entire day.

amalcon
2014-07-22, 11:49 AM
If... bending the intent of the rules is an option, (Greater) Arcane Fusion work well. Many of the Cleric spells are also Sorcerer spells, and the Cleric knows all of them, so the Arcane Fusion spells are sort of like a blank check (especially with Divine Magician as the other domain).

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 11:50 AM
Granted power: once per day you may ignore the provided definition of a game term, and instead treat it as any one definition listed in a dictionary of your choice. The ruling stands for the entire game-world for the entire day.

oh god, the shenanigans that could ensue, redifining class (as in your levels) to be class (as in school) for instance :smalltongue: now the entire world is level 0 :smallbiggrin:

Edit: turning a shadow into a normal shadow, turning a fairy into a disney fairy :smalltongue:

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-22, 11:52 AM

This, I like this.
I pick to replace the game term "Spellcasting" with that of Urban Dictionary's #1 Verb listing.

If... bending the intent of the rules is an option, (Greater) Arcane Fusion work well. Many of the Cleric spells are also Sorcerer spells, and the Cleric knows all of them, so the Arcane Fusion spells are sort of like a blank check (especially with Divine Magician as the other domain).

Level 4 Domain Spell: Sanctum Arcane Fusion?

Hazrond
2014-07-22, 11:58 AM
This, I like this.
I pick to replace the game term "Spellcasting" with that of Urban Dictionary's #1 Verb listing.

i will replace the term "Cleric" with urban dictionary's #2 listing :smalltongue:

I will now replace Rogue with this definition (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rogue&defid=593627). :smalltongue:

inertia709
2014-07-22, 11:59 AM
Celerity. Boom. Frankly, I use it more and find it more powerful than polymorph.

Yeah, I forgot about celerity. Perhaps Favour of the Martyr should be included somewhere on the spell list too. :smalltongue:

I might have to steal this one. :smallbiggrin:

Ingus
2014-07-22, 12:13 PM

I was thinking to something very similar, but more in the verge of...

Granted power: once per day you may substitute a single word or numeric value in a single rule. For example you may have Wish cost 0 XP, or be a 1st level spell. You may go so far to grant the attacker (and not the attacked) an AoO for starting a grapple or let ignore AoO for PCs with the Improved Initiative feat.
Effected rules that have a death or suck effect where it is not intended to (such as substituting At your opponent’s option, you may also be unable to speak in Pinned rules with At your opponent’s option, you may also be unable to breath (or to live) grants a fortitude or will (as appropriate) saving throw with a DC equal to 10 + half character level + Wisdom modifier + 2 (you're a Power Player, after all).
The power affect a single rule and lasts for 24 hours or when ascended to Godhood, whichever comes firs.
It affects one target only: for all the rest of the world the rule is still the same

I think this is really funny, and Pun-Punish

Story
2014-07-22, 10:40 PM
Why not give Extra Turning or Extend Spell as granted power?

TypoNinja
2014-07-22, 11:23 PM
In keeping with the theme, you'd want the granted domain to be something supremely useful, for almost any build.

Granted power: gain The Planar Touchstone Feat as a Bonus Feat. You do not have to meet the prerequisites of this feat.

atomicwaffle
2014-07-22, 11:52 PM
Granted Power: Supreme Favour. 1/day add +20 to an attack roll, ability check, skill check, or saving throw.

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-23, 12:17 AM
Granted Power: Supreme Favour. 1/day add +20 to an attack roll, ability check, skill check, or saving throw as a free action.
Clarified that for you.

Malroth
2014-07-23, 12:43 AM
Feat: Power Gamer Devotion
1/day you may re choose all your feats to any other feats you currently qualify for as an immediate action. You must remain prerequisites for all your classes.
You can select this feat multiple times, gaining one additional daily use each time you take it.
If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each two daily turn or rebuke uses you expend.