PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Worlds

LessThanHappy
2014-07-22, 09:19 AM
In the beginning, there were six...

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/Ballius/DoW.jpg

TachyonBlade
2014-07-22, 01:09 PM
The Consolidator, upon notice of the existence of the new planet, regally descended through space in his castle to better view the plane upon which he would soon force his will into existence. Not much did he think, besides the thought of the others, who would also contemplate the same, and likely attempt to gain more control over the plane. He smiled, as his mind suddenly raced to plot maneuvers to outdo his companions.

He came to a conclusion, and simply wrought his castle into a mighty and large throne from which he would quietly watch. He would wait, and take his pantheon by surprise. Oh, wait he would.

Passing up rounds to conserve points

arumizy
2014-07-24, 09:44 PM
(( I decided to start off Life since it makes most sense to a new world))

Always there is darkness, always there is emptiness, always there is something between all things. The Twisting nether, the swirling abyss, the crystal sphere, the great nothing. All things, all places, all realms and all worlds have one thing in common. A beginning and an end, a point of creation and destruction. In that Chaos of cycles there are many gods who claim dominion over the cycle yet none who are the cycle, save for we. We are Alpha and Omega, we are Start and Finish, We are all that was and what will be. We are life and Death, judge and weaver, overseer and observer.

A new Realm has sprouted, empty and lonesome, the Gods gather to sew their own plots and seeds upon the land. We must be, we must arrive, a single constant in the Chaos. We are here, we have arrived and we have begun. Even now the Ethereal Tapestry is weaved, we have taken the loam of life and the scissors of death. We weave the story, we create the threads that compromise the eternity. The land is bare, we must take action, we must create, Life.

In the twisting nether of the Ethereal Plane, the great seat of life and death it sat silent on a throne half of alabaster and half of onyx. Its form shifting and swirling, smoke and light fighting amongst each other taking form and dissipating. The form consolidates into a brilliant form of light, featureless save for its chest marking it as female. The form reaches its hand out and begins to weave the tapestry, its movements deft in its action and deliberate. It looks at the threads and sets its sights upon a golden thread that beams light " Others have found us, alone we are not. Life begins despite them" it says as it reaches its hand out and a small billowy map forms.

" The world, bare we must take action. We must shape it for the broods, we must form it for the peoples. We must make life of all" the form shutters black and smoky " we must prepare for the cycle, Death must come. Death must claim, death must bring them to rest" the smoke disipates into the brilliant light form " Soon our other, soon. First life must come, we craft now. We make, then you take. Cold we feel, ice must be made, new life must take root" The brilliant light reaches its hand over the map and points begin to whiten with snow.

Turn N3 O3 to tundra, If i read the rules right i want to also turn N4 and o3 to tundra also since N3 and O3 are half squares. If not then just N3 and O3.
Edit: Clarification and Changes. Since N3 and O3 are half squares i would like to turn them and N4 and O4 Into Alpine Forest, filled with hearty trees that can survive cold temperatures. I will do change climate next turn or the turn after or so. Sorry about confusion.
This takes me down to 2 Points, which i will hold.

T-Mick
2014-07-24, 09:54 PM
In the dark of the void above the newly-formed planet, resting on a floating mass of land, was a grand, if somewhat simple, longhouse, from which emerged a warm glow and the sounds of feasting. Inside, Bundus and a host of joyful spirits were gathered and making merry, celebrating the creation of the new world, young, virgin, and full of promise. The feast was culled from the very best of Bundus' fields, and joy and fellowship warmed the cold vacuum of space.

Suddenly, there was silence, as the giant god rose from his seat and addressed the multitude thusly:

"My dear children! Though tonight we raise our voices and mugs to the new world, we ought to consider it as it is now! Empty and lifeless! Though we may someday bring our blessings upon its future denizens, at present the very prospect of community, of good company and hard work, of drinking and fasting, of comradery, fellowship, violence, peace and joy; in short, all those noble and simple things which ought to be held common among all the living, is all but impossible! But fear not! Behold! I raise before you the well-spring of life, from which our pleasures are chiefly derived!"

Reaching to a vast basin in the center of the table, Bundus brought it to the edge of his domain, and tossed it down to the planet. Life-giving waters fell to the earth, and pooled into a large lake atop a plateau in the center of the dry land.

"See! The seeds of joy are sown!"

Spend three points on "Shape Land", creating a large lake roughly in the center of the map. I don't know if you can represent it with CC, but the idea is that the lake is on a plateau, a large, raised section of flat land.

Points Remaining: 5

Synvallius
2014-07-25, 01:26 AM
In the nothingness of the void, a billowing cloud of mist and twinkling starlight shone. Undisturbed for a timeless infinity, the fog hovered out in the nothingness, until finally something appeared far away. A new world, pure and untouched, a world completely without nuance or subtlety. A world with no whispers, shadows, nor veils. A world not in accord with the god of secrets.

An aberration, perhaps? Something to be observed, and dealt with in the proper manner.

As the fog drifted closer, it became aware of the attention of other gods, gods of life, gods of death, gods of tyranny. Competitors, perhaps?

It is unconscionable to allow something to exist free of entanglements, free of complexity. However, these others may oppose me. I shall wait until I know the true goals they seek, and then I will engulf the world in the purifying darkness of knowledge. For now though, I will make a place for myself upon the world, separate and hidden from the rest.

In the cloud of fog and light a single great eye opened and stared balefully down upon the world. Cibruhr extended his presence into the new world and created a place for himself, from which he would be able to prepare, while the game to control the world began. A new world, pure and untouched, a world completely without nuance or subtlety. A world with no whispers, shadows, nor veils. A world not in accord with the god of secrets. Such a world cannot be allowed to exist.

Cibruhr will shape the land in coordinates F7 and G7 to become a marshland shrouded in fog.

LessThanHappy
2014-07-26, 06:24 PM
It began in the deep. Down there in the dark, from whence all came and to which all would return, something shimmered. Its first exhale broke the stillness, and above, the pristine surface of the blue sea was broken by a ripple.

The disturbance traveled. It gained momentum. It grew. When it finally came rushing to the edge of the earth, it tried to force itself on the green land and tore away the growth, gnawing at the bedrock with pure destructive fury. Then that which made the wave inhaled Its first, and brought the violence back into itself.

The water, although now restrained again, had torn the land it touched asunder, and blown through rock as though there had been nothing there. What remained was new, and soft, and warmed in the sun: Sand.

But that which was below did not stop breathing.

Doing two Shape Lands; Q14 and Q17 (half-squares) into beach, and half each of P15 and 16 into more of the same. No points left. I got a little overlap in P14 because of the contour system in CC3, but don't count that as affected.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz96/Ballius/DoW2.jpg

arumizy
2014-07-27, 02:59 PM
( still in life, Im sure Tach i going to change that soon lol)

The eternal Chaos and Law of life and Death, the circle of life, the turmoil of creation and destruction sat upon its throne. Watching the world shape as the other deities, some interlopers and others born of this very world began to take shape. It reached its palm out, the light blinding as it formed a map over its hand again.

" Life must continue, we must weave" the light said as it shifted to darkness " We must continue the cycle" its smoke aspect said as the light exploded through the haze " Yes, we must" the lights hand extended over the map close to where it had been working " We must continue to shape the world, to make it whole, to make it long, to make it last. There can be no cycle without life, without life there can be no death, no balance"

Using my life portfolio to turn which makes this cheaper i believe to turn P3 and P4 to more hearty forests. Whcih i think with my discount cost 2 per slot, so thats 4 points leaving me with 8. I will turn M5 and N5 to hearty Forest as well. Which drops me to 4 points. and O5 and P5 to forest as well, which reduces me to 0 points remaining.

T-Mick
2014-07-27, 08:59 PM
High above the clear waters of the newly created lake, Bundus walked along the wind, making very sure not to lose his balance. Vast and expansive plains extended in every direction, and the lake stood in the center, like a clear gem lying in the rock. He stooped down, and, taking a huge mug, scooped up a draft of the water. Sprinkling a little of the ash from his torch into it, he downed the mug in a single swill ... and promptly spit it out in disgust.

"Oh, no no no, this will never do! Stagnant water, just sitting there! Motionless! Well, we'll fix that right now. No better time for it, in fact.

With a dramatic flourish, he reached down to the earth, and carved a trench to the sea with his finger. The water from the lake rushed through the channel, and met the ocean at the southern end of the land.

"Oh, much better! May have to put more water later, though..."

Create a river, running from the lake to G-14, then continuing south from there to the ocean on G-16

Remaining Points: ABSOLUTELY NONE! :(

Synvallius
2014-07-28, 09:52 PM
In the swampland the fog descended, and the great Eye of Cibruhr gazed about at the new domain he had created. Although it was enough for now, he felt too exposed, too noticeable.

Let the land be shrouded.

Mist began to fill up the boggy peninsula, and soon all vision was obscured beyond a few feet.

Much better, a far more conducive state for secrecy than the previously revealing landscape.

Lurking amidst the fog banks, the god began to ruminate upon his next move.

Cibruhr fogs the same two spaces he had turned into swampland, F7 and G7. And for greater clarification, taking advantage of his domain of secrecy to reduce the climate changing power from an expenditure of 2 points to 1.