PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Extra domains and metamagic feats

Lekgolo137
2014-07-22, 10:58 AM
Hi there, I'm making a new PC, a DMM Archivist, and I want it to have DMM Quicken & Persist by level 10, the thing is my feats are going like this:

Strongheart Halfling, Archivist 9 / Sacred Exorcist 1

Strongheart Halfling feat: Academic Priest
Level 1 feat: Quicken Spell
Level 3 feat: Divine Metamagic (Quicken)
Level 6 feat: Extend Spell
Level 9 feat: Persistent Spell

I would need one more feat. Academic Priest can't be changed, and I don't want my spellcasting level to drop so multiclassing with any other than PrCs that progress the archivist spellcasting is out of the table.

There is the Planning Domain that gives you Extend Spell as a bonus feat, but I would need to get it at level 6 or before, but idk any PrC to achieve it that soon, the closest would be Divine Disciple at level 8.

The other option is to get a bonus metamagic feat by level 9 or before, but idk of any PrC to achieve this.

If someone knows a PrC that grants you a bonus domain by PC level 6 or before, or a PrC that grants you a bonus metamagic feat by PC level 9 or before, without feat prerrequisites other than the ones I have I would greatly appreciate the information.

sideswipe
2014-07-22, 11:03 AM
what about a flaw?

Rebel7284
2014-07-22, 11:06 AM
Substitute Domain spell + a Church Inquisitor dip?

edit: how are you getting enough turn attempts to use both DMM persist and DMM quicken effectively? Does your DM allow Nightsticks to stack? Depending on the campaign, it may be easier to get metamagic rods of Quicken spell as opposed to spending 2 feats and limited turn attempts to quicken 1 or 2 times a day.

dextercorvia
2014-07-22, 11:24 AM
How are you taking DMM at level 3? It requires turn/rebuke which you don't get until level 8.

amalcon
2014-07-22, 11:26 AM
I think you have a bigger problem here: you don't gain Turn Undead (requirement for Divine Metamagic) until at least level 8. What you really need, then, is a way to get an open bonus feat at level 9. Barring exploits like the DCFS, I can't think of any.

sideswipe
2014-07-22, 11:57 AM
you could instead save yourself two feats and be an illumian. one of the sigil combinations gives a very very close equivalent to DMM. it allows you to lessen metamagic applied to spells by spending turn or rebuke attempts. and you can reduce to 0.

essentially giving you every DMM feat.

the problem still stands that you do not gain turn or rebuke as an archivist. so no DMM.

dextercorvia
2014-07-22, 02:08 PM
you could instead save yourself two feats and be an illumian. one of the sigil combinations gives a very very close equivalent to DMM. it allows you to lessen metamagic applied to spells by spending turn or rebuke attempts. and you can reduce to 0.

essentially giving you every DMM feat.

the problem still stands that you do not gain turn or rebuke as an archivist. so no DMM.

Naenhoon is the combination, but it is limited to 2/day with no method of improving that number.

sideswipe
2014-07-22, 02:18 PM
Naenhoon is the combination, but it is limited to 2/day with no method of improving that number.

still with him not taking extra turnings (and with no turning ability whatsoever, and if he gains it very little) he will have max 8-10 turns a day. that is a quicken and a persist. or 2 quickens. so he wont need much more. it free's up many more feats and when he gets more turns he can pick up DMM if it ever becomes feasible to take. though i doubt it in his build type.

Lekgolo137
2014-07-22, 03:09 PM
I can stack nightsticks, so the only limit on turn attempts would be the money.

Sure, I didn't remember I need turning ability to take DMM, so I can't take it till level 8, that might be a problem.

1.Quicken
3.Extend
6.Persist
9.DMM (Quicken)

I would need another feat at level 8, 9 or 10 to get the second DMM.

Or another PrC to get the turning ability earlier.

I don't want the Illumian trick 'cause of the daily limit.

dextercorvia
2014-07-22, 03:28 PM
Dark Chaos Feat Shuffle

Darrin
2014-07-22, 03:33 PM
Best I can find is meditate for 8 hours in a Metamagic Storm (Complete Mage p. 151): gain the use of a metamagic feat for 1 year. If you're allowed to "buy" magical locations as treasure, this costs 5000 GP. Ackthpppt... It only works for arcane spellcasters.

Lekgolo137
2014-07-22, 03:48 PM
Dark Chaos Feat Shuffle

Too cheesy :smallfrown:

I heavily doubt my DM to allow it xD

dextercorvia
2014-07-22, 04:33 PM
Too cheesy :smallfrown:

I heavily doubt my DM to allow it xD

Can you get to Moderate Taint between levels 7 and 10?

Edit: AFTER taking the level of Sacred Exorcist?