PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Looking for a Kensington lock with locking loop-size as well.

gomipile
2014-07-22, 12:23 PM
In the library where I would want to use a Kensington lock for my laptop, the only places to "anchor" the loop are table and chair legs. Unfortunately, due to the design of the furniture, one could simply lift the leg an inch and drop the loop off of it. There is a taper in the design of some of the legs, so if I had a Kensington lock with a second lock for the loop, I could fix the loop diameter at about 4 inches, preventing it from being slipped off the furniture leg.

Is there such a double-lock Kensington-style lock? A brief examination of available offerings at the stores I commonly shop at for tech goods hasn't turned up anything.

Max™
2014-07-22, 06:52 PM
I haven't seen one, nor have I seen a kensington you can mount on a cable yourself, at which point you could put it on a cable with a built in padlock.

I imagine there are cable padlocks that you could attach to your lock which would prevent any slack from being taken out of it once you get it up around the leg?