PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Zhentarim Warrior + Imperious Command

Vhaidara
2014-07-22, 03:22 PM
Notice for any and all of my GMs: I do not plan to use this, don't be afraid

I know this is a pretty standard combo for intimidate builds, but something I noticed

Extended Intimidation: A target successfully intimidated by a 5th-level Zhentarim Soldier suffers lasting effects. Instead of ending when the Zhentarim Soldier leaves, as is normal for the Intimidate skill, the intimidation effect lasts for 24 hours after his departure. Thereafter, the target’s attitude toward the Zhentarim Soldier shifts to unfriendly, but a lingering fear remains. Whenever the Zhentarim Soldier returns to someone he has previously intimidated, he gains a +4 bonus on his Intimidate check to re-establish the effect.

This doesn't limit it to being used with the influence through intimidation. Couldn't this be combined with Imperious Command to allow you to leave an enemy cowering for 24 hours? Further, combine with Never Outnumbered and leave a group of enemies cowering for 24 hours. And with Zhentarim Fighter 9, you can do it as a swift action.

Aegis013
2014-07-22, 03:52 PM
I believe the extended effect is only in reference to the generic use of Intimidate, which is to temporarily force a target into the Friendly attitude with you.

I don't think it applies to Imperious Command making them Cower for one round, as I suspect the Imperious Command is more specific than the Zhentarim Soldier adjustment. Especially considering that the Zhentarim soldier doesn't specifically mention the Demoralize option in the first place.

Ellowryn
2014-07-22, 05:00 PM
This has been brought up before and for the most part the general agreement was that even if the substitute level applied to demoralizing in combat, it would only extend the shaken condition to 24 hours, not the cower.