PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Duskblade Shadow Pouncer! But I need to see through walls.

Snowbluff
2014-07-22, 06:51 PM
Level 10. ToS style maze. Duskblade 5(for teleportation spells and such)/Shadow Marauder5. I want to teleport in on people through walls.

But I don't know how to see through walls. Please help! D:

Vhaidara
2014-07-22, 06:56 PM
What's your budget? Ring of X-Ray Vision (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rings.htm#xRayVision) sounds like a good starting point. Apply cost reducers, put it in a different slot (I recommend Eyes), and it might come in range.

A_S
2014-07-22, 07:02 PM
Earth Dreamer (RoS) gets 30' vision through earth/stone (but not metal) at level 4, but that won't come online until level 11 without serious cheese.
The Earth Sense feat (RoS) grants a pretty crappy version of this ability...as a move action, you can sense number and direction to creatures within 20' who are in contact with the ground.
Mindsight (LoM) probably works if you can get access to telepathy, though I've heard some people rule that LoE-blockers that block your telepathy also block Mindsight (it shares the "range" of your telepathy ability). You can pick up telepathy with Shape Soulmeld (Shedu Crown) and Open Least Chakra (crown), assuming your DM rules that Open X Chakra works in a sane way (that the feat provides a soulmeld slot for that Chakra). Or with the Mindbender 1 dip, though that will mess up your level split.
You can just try and get your hands on some way to use Clairaudience/Clairvoyance a whole lot.

That's all I can think of.

Snowbluff
2014-07-22, 07:57 PM
Hm... I'll look into Mindsight. It was my option, I just am not sure if I can get the prerequisite with the build. I'm using it for the Marrulurk d6 fighter as a my alternate. My other alternate is a Thri-Kreen Multitasking Martial Adept.

25kgp for X-Ray vision sounds pretty expensive, but I think I could make it work out. I was hoping for some more range, though.

Shinken
2014-07-22, 08:03 PM
Greensnake naga (OA) gets telepathy with only +1 LA.
I think your best bet is the ring. 25k is not that much money at level 10, is it?

Snowbluff
2014-07-22, 08:05 PM
I can't have any LA. The build is really stuck on the 5/5. :smallfrown:

Mountain
2014-07-22, 09:10 PM
The seer power Clairvoyant Sense would work if you could get that, but doing it without class levels would be difficult.

Stone Metamorphosis (Und) could let you turn any rock wall into transparent black rock, which is in the same book. The rock is transparent to darkvision.

There is a paladin ACF that could get you Earth Glide, (use it to peek your head through the wall) but that doesn't kick in until level 12, so it probably doesn't help here.