PDA

View Full Version : Battling Wind

GreenETC
2014-07-22, 09:21 PM
I know that strong winds check characters of certain sizes and make it nearly impossible to fly around, but is there anything in the game that allows a character to fight back against this? So far all I've noticed is Stormcaster and Stormlord, both of which require a hefty investment (requiring a minimum of 3rd level spells and then 3-4 levels of the class).

The reason being is that I'm trying to make a Moonsea Skysentinel able to deal with heavy winds, though I am currently looking into getting a decent flying mount on a Stormlord.

Twilightwyrm
2014-07-22, 11:18 PM
Wouldn't Freedom of Movement essentially negate the wind penalties?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it only helps when underwater, effected by spells, or grappled.

Mountain
2014-07-23, 02:28 AM
Windstorm Domain (SpC)

Either a (cloistered) cleric dip for the domain (and knowledge devotion), or the Planar Touchstone feat for just the domain power if class levels are tight or you don't want a cleric dip for RP reasons.

HammeredWharf
2014-07-23, 02:40 AM
An Asperi mount would work, but it's smart and NG, so it probably won't want to serve a cleric of Talos.

Bronk
2014-07-23, 08:19 AM
The 'stormrage' spell protects you from wind as well.

Troacctid
2014-07-23, 05:31 PM
You could just pump up your Fort save and have pretty good odds. Hurricane winds are only DC 20.