PDA

View Full Version : Finally! I've found the conclusion to my campaign!

DragonkingUs20
2014-07-23, 11:11 AM
I'll try to keep the nuances and subtleties to a minimum and only give you the mutton and potatoes..

The world and sun are dying. The inheritance of the earth don't know this, but the reason for their dying is that dragons and the world are soul linked. The fate of one is linked to the other. The dragons that once roamed the world are all dead, or so it is assumed. The last dragon has been slumbering in the shallow sea for hundreds of years, and has in that time formed a small island and been established as a major trade city, Zarat. Only those of dragon bloodline can truly wield magic, known to them or not.

The PCs recently stumbled upon a broken stone with ruins on it that grant the possessor Deathwatch within 10ft. Within Zarat, there is a temple run by blind, old monks dedicated to their goddess Lilliana, a Dark Naga who dwells in the dungeon of the temple, hidden from the rest of the world and manipulating the mind of her servants to keep her secret. She has accomplished nearly eternal life by feeding off of the life force of her servants, leaving her servants instantaneously old and decrepit as their life is transferred to her. This is accomplished through the knowledge of an ancient ritual form of magic, harnessed through the use of the other broken half of the the soulstone the PCs currently have. The tome for learning this ancient bloodmagic is encased within Lilliana's statue on the main floor of the temple. The half of the soulstone that Lilliana posesses allows for the absorption of souls. The other half allows for the giving of souls. When the two halves meet, the stone may do either.

At the end of the campaign, the island will being to tremor and earthquakes will become frequent within a weeks time. On the "last day" of the world, the Sun will become extremely hot in its last breathes, and the black dragon will begin to rise from under the city. At this point, the PCs will be presented with a choice to either absorb the Dragon's soul into theirs or to relinquish the lives of those in the city and their own into the dragon. Absorbing the dragons soul would grant them eternal life and provide the dragons soul with a vessel enough for the world to continue living, albeit without magic. If they decide to sacrifice the city and themselves, they will preserve the dragon's life and breath new life into the world, restoring magic. If they fail to do either, the world will plummet into eternal darkness.

There will be some old text in the city's scriveners guild that the PCs may piece together to hint at the capabilities of the soulstone and ancient blood magic. There will also be an old mage living in the city to help guide them if/when need be to give them enough insight that they may see the available options before them.

So.. What do you think!? Are there some holes I should fill, or some inconsistencies I have overlooked?