PDA

View Full Version : New Class; The Hunter

Daws2727
2014-07-23, 01:14 PM
Hunter

The hunter is a class with a variety of skills on and off the battlefield, and an expert at crafting traps and enchanting special arrows. The hunter is also unique because it fills two roles, it is part leader and part controller.

Note: The hunter's features may seem a bit OP but his attack powers are weaker than other classes' powers.

Hunter
Role: Leader/Controller. You fill a variety of roles on the battlefield with a unique and resourceful style of fighting

Power Source: Martial/Primal. You use some primal magic but also train with weapons

Armor Proficiency: Hide
Weapon Proficiency: Bows, Light Blades, Axes, Hand Crossbow
Bonus to Defense: +1 WILL, +1 REF

HP at 1st Lvl: 12+CON
HP/lvl. Gained: 5
Healing Surges/ Day: 6+CON mod.

Trained Skills: Any 5

Build Options: Trapper, Healer, Bowman

Class Features: Healer's Help, Trapper's Craft, Nature's Wisdom, Hunter's Feet, Hunter's Focus

Hunter's Focus: Pick one class feature to specialize in

Healer's Help: Minor, 2/Encounter, Melee touch
Target may spend a healing surge
Hunter's Focus: +1d4 and WIS mod. HP

Trapper's Craft: Gain "Trapper" and "Enchanter" feats*
Hunter's Focus: Also gain "Potioner"

Nature's Wisdom: Gain "Ritual Caster" feat and get 2 rituals of your level or lower every 5 levels (starting at level 1)

Hunter's Feet: +1 speed and stealth

That is all the features and stats, I'm not gonna include a list of powers because that would just take way too long.
Please give me ideas, criticism, and praise to help me improve this developing class. Also some of the things mentioned in this description, particularly in Trapper's Craft, were other homebrew rules by me, and if you want to know I could tell you a bit about those.

Epsilon Rose
2014-07-23, 01:47 PM
What system is this for?

Daws2727
2014-07-23, 02:00 PM
This is for 4e D&D

Daws2727
2014-07-24, 12:32 PM
C'mon, what do people think?

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-25, 06:17 PM
Hmm... well, it really shouldn't have a striker-like class feature that increases damage.

Hanuman
2014-07-25, 06:43 PM
I think the best thing about 4e is the character generator program.

Daws2727
2014-07-25, 07:50 PM
Hmm... well, it really shouldn't have a striker-like class feature that increases damage.
You're right, now that I come to think of it i don't know why I added that, I'll take that out.