PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions of Adventures for newbie DM [3.5 or PF]

Mcdt2
2014-07-23, 05:01 PM
So I have been DM'ing for a good while, but I haven't had much chance recently to actually play. Now, one of my long-time players is interested in taking up the reigns of DM; not precisely as his first time, but the last time was when we tried to take on the World's Largest Dungeon. Surprisingly, it went rather well (on his end, us players didn't much like the Dungeon), but that was a while ago, and a considerable amount of houserules/changes have been made in this time (As my sig can attest, I like tinkering with the game mechanics).

So, I've been trying to find a good adventure for him to run, possibly to a whole new group of players as well. I'll end up playing, but likely also sort of co-DM'ing, at least at first. Does anyone know of any good adventures (or adventure paths even) that they enjoy and are somewhat easy to follow for the DM side of things? Preferably one with not too many PC-class based enemies, especially if they are LA+0, no RHD, all class levels, kinda enemies. Those would end up being rather difficult to "convert" to the system we're using. Starting at low levels would be preferable, but anywhere is fine.

As for things not to suggest, as I am currently running or will be shortly (or recently finished running)- The Way of the Wicked AP, the Skull and Shackles AP, the Forgotten Forge and follow-up books, or The Red Hand of Doom (although I guess I could be convinced on this point as I technically haven't ran it yet, but I've read a fair bit of it and would rather not play it.)