PDA

View Full Version : NPC help (toguro)

j_spencer93
2014-07-23, 06:24 PM
My group is nearing the end of our world spanning campaign, and the next one is going to be a "secret wars" (marvel) inspired thing, but the badguys are going to be based off of anime characters (my players know about this campaign and actually can not wait) however i am having trouble with making a younger toguro like character (yu yu hakusho).

Would giving someone rage and similar abilities that i activated at certain health percents represent him good enough? Kinda a funny question but really working hard on making these characters.

CTrees
2014-07-23, 08:05 PM
"I'm a very untalented demon. All I can do is make my muscles bigger."

Sounds like a War Hulk to me.

SoraWolf7
2014-07-23, 08:23 PM
Yeah, Toguro was a bad-ass martial artist human BEFORE he got his strength increasing abilities, so War Hulk sounds about right.

Azoth
2014-07-23, 08:36 PM
Let's take a look at some of Toguro's notable abilities:

1) Strong enough at 60% output to destroy concrete pilings in a single blow.

2) Able to regenerate from seemingly fatal wounds near instantly.

3) The ability to take incredibly damaging attacks head on and come out unscathed (looking at Gen Kai's spirit gun)

4) Faster than the human eye.

5) Can siphon off the life force of others to refuel himself

6) Create vaccum bullets by flicking his finger

7) Fights unarmored

So...what level are you looking to make this NPC?

CIDE
2014-07-23, 10:21 PM
At the very least his life-force sucking thing can be explained by some method of greater consumptive field. War hulk is still a good mesh too.

Tvtyrant
2014-07-23, 10:27 PM
Frenzied Berserker would be my bet. Power attacks for full every round, so the party survives by dodging his fists.

j_spencer93
2014-07-23, 11:59 PM
Well to simulate his % stages i thought of using different rages and decided to make him a goliath (he is a human ik, but thought goliath would fit his large hulking form) and they can grow large when they rage (using that to get war hulk as a home role, but in my game you do not gain any bonus from that class while not raging since you are no longer large).
Btw level 20, every fighter in this tournament will be that level. Below are my raging ideas, but if anyone can replicate his stages + his few energy abilities i would be happy to know how. Psionic warrior seems to be a good idea without looking at it at the moment.

Barbarian (rage)
Frenzied berserker (frenzy)
Singh Rager (lion’s fury)
Fist of forest (feral trance)
Berserker (battle fury)

I do use "cut scenes" in boss battles (which each of this will be, 1 vs 1) so his stages might happen either in a "cut scene" or during the battle itself.