PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Most Horrifying Scene Ever!?

Starchild7309
2014-07-23, 09:36 PM
OK so my group is going to be headed into a city in the Underdark that was previously run by Aboleth that worshiped Elder Evils. The description of this place gives me the creeps. The buildings are made of off colored flesh, internal organs on the outsides of them still half functioning. Oversized blackened lungs, wheezing, milky eyes following them as they move past them, the ground covered with patches of putrid flesh oozing puss, walls weeping off colored blood and the sound of this half alive Elder Evil created city all around them thats now mostly abandoned.

So what in your campaigns have you either created, come across or been subjected to that made you just squirm with amazed disgust at how twisted and dark or genuinely disturbed it was?

Slipperychicken
2014-07-23, 09:46 PM
Not going to lie, the title made me think this was a spambot-thread.

DevilsAttorney
2014-07-23, 09:56 PM
I've been playing with the same group of people for a good 15 years. We've played many campaigns, all varying in style. Part of my group is one of my brothers and he is generally the DM. In one particular campaign where the plot was the good old SAVE THE WORLD quest, my character actually betrayed the team, left the party (in-game, and I played two characters in that game so one remained with the party) to eventually return at a later time where circumstances forced the party to team up with him once more, to ONCE AGAIN be betrayed in the end. This character ultimately took the big bad evil's place in the campaign, virtually becoming an NPC that I controlled under supervision of the DM. I ended up capturing the party's cleric and bringing her to my domain, which was a keep on top of a mountain, overlooking a vast city my army constantly pillaged, murdered and (r word), while she was strung up upside down and tortured for months, twisting and corrupting her thoughts while she looked down powerless at the misery in front of her. While we never entered into full details, it was pretty messed up.

BTW, that character ended up teaming with the party once more to face the final enemy, which was virtually an evil god by then and in the end simply took that god's place, screwing the party over for a 3rd and final time.

Tvtyrant
2014-07-23, 10:08 PM
I tend to use really horrifying monsters and lots of descriptive blood splatter as a DM, but I think the only thing that ever made me cringe was when one player considered jumping off of an airship onto a harpy about a mile off of the ground. I spent a little while wide eyed trying to think of how to convey the enormity of that mistake to them.

Arbane
2014-07-23, 11:58 PM
I tend to use really horrifying monsters and lots of descriptive blood splatter as a DM, but I think the only thing that ever made me cringe was when one player considered jumping off of an airship onto a harpy about a mile off of the ground. I spent a little while wide eyed trying to think of how to convey the enormity of that mistake to them.

The harpy might shake them off? :smallbiggrin:

Sir Chuckles
2014-07-24, 12:05 AM
Start with a Deck of Many Things.
Follow with a 60ft tall Dwarf and 80ft tall Human.
Conclude with open-air carnal relations between the two.

j_spencer93
2014-07-24, 12:11 AM
Mine would be an infant (with a template that was a demonic soul seeking a body, cant remember name) who was extremely psionic. she enthralled the town while the players searched for her fathers killer. After meeting the freaked out small village inside the resident church, they got suspicious about the girls mother who said she wished the baby was dead and it was possessed. After words they learned of the fathers murder happened in a bar not far away. One player stayed behind and snuck back into the church and caught her sacrificing her mother and ended up crucified to the roof, terrified that the girl had seemingly grown to the age of six. As the party left the barn where her fathers spirit had approached them they found the world around them without sound. trees blew, rain feel, and a vortex of souls spiraled around the tower but they could hear none of it.
As they entered the church they caught her about to sacrifice their partner, but they assumed her psi stone was the real boss and keep attacking it. When they realized it was really a demonic little girl who just relished the idea of plucking peoples limbs off one at a time and trapping their souls in gems to torment they all stared at me and said she was creepy as hell, plus she had aged another two years seemingly after she capture their partner. She was modeled off of the looks of the strange girl from .Hack (cant remember name) and Elza from eragon.
I thought it was pretty mundane but it really freaked my players out. apparently a girl whooping them with her mind and loved demonic torture was just to much.

AlanBruce
2014-07-24, 01:09 AM
I don't know if Horrifying, but my player said it was deeply ingrained in his mind.

The party was sailing through the vast ocean and half of them went underwater to do some fancy treasure diving.

The one PC, a druid, remained on deck, in case something happened.

Lo and behold, a large shadow blocks out the sun and moves behind a pair of islets not too far.

Curious PC follows and hides behind a poplar tree that grew from one of the islets and sees what's happening.

A gigantic harpy, the size of a caravel, with a cachalot whale's skull as a faceplate helmet and steel talons. It had half a dozen mermaids alive and crying and screaming under her weight as it would stoop down and bite one of the merfolk and with a loud slurp, swallow their flesh, leaving a muscle tissue, blood vessel humanoid crying in utter pain as her companions panicked at the sight and were slurped as well.

The PC shed tears out of fear and flew back to the ship, asking the party mage to blanket it with an illusion.

Ingus
2014-07-24, 05:53 AM
My stories will be hidden. Open up at your own risk

VtM 1
At some point, my ex sabbat caitiff wanted very bad some information. It ended up in sewing off the belly of the cute, sweet toreador girl - who had the face of Emma Watson - and stuffed it with live rats. Then he closed back the belly.

VtM 2
In a party, there was a love (partially because of blood bond) chain: A loved B who loved C. A Malkavian PC ended it inducing B to diablerize (= kill + steal the soul) C and then inducing A to diablerize B.

D&D 1
The Ultimate Evil of a very long campaign was a flesh and soul devouring beast. Basicly, whenever hit by one of his tentacles, a body started to melt and being sucked from the inside

D&D 2
Phaerimm reproduce like Alen does.

...and I don't have to list the Cthulhu ones, right? :smallbiggrin:

Starchild7309
2014-07-24, 08:57 AM
Some interesting scenarios. I must say that i love making my players squirm. I think the next campaign will be a horror based one. Something like some sort of elder evil is rebirth upon the world and those that survive unscathed from the rebirth now have to deal with droves of undead and horribly deformed and twisted versions of everything. The sun is obscured 4/5 of the day, random insanity plagues the land...just stuff that no matter where they are they never fell 100% safe.