PDA

View Full Version : Help on a silly build

torrasque666
2014-07-23, 09:43 PM
I know that this build is far and above sub-op but I would like some ideas for what I could do with it in the future. After my party finishes our current quest, we are considering making some new characters with a bit more restraint as to not overwhelm our DM.

Using a 34 point buy.

Allowed books: PHB 1&2, DMG, ToB, All Eberron Books, and two more of our choice. These two books will be for our use only, as otherwise with our party size(6-8ish. some don't always show) it can easily negate the purpose of that limitation. They also cannot be setting specific or Dragon(Spell Compendium is not a book for this purpose. It will be used for the most recent writings of spells though, given that we tend to just use dndtools anyway). I have chosen Dungeonscape for one and am still floating my other one.

I'm building a Warforged Factotum X Juggernaut 5. I was going to roleplay him as one that was mislabled for upgrade into Juggernaut as he's smart and social, but not very strong.

If it weren't for the minimum 13 strength required for Juggernaut I would have dumped it to focus more on Int, Wis, and Cha.

We're starting at level 13 to give our DM time to figure these new guys out before the game gets broken beyond belief.

Stats before items are, in standard order:
13 10 11 20 13 10

After Items
13 12 11 26 17 14

I am taking Adamantine Body, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush(in order to get Juggernaut), as well as Master Linguist, and EWP(Bastard Sword) so he can use an Armblade. I have two feats open. I took the Inattentive and Meager Fortitude flaws(yes, I know fortitude is kind of a dump save for him, due to his immunities, but this means that he can save against his vulnerabilities even worse).

I plan on him being the translator(knows somewhere around 30 languages) as well as a skill monkey. We also have a dryad (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Dryad_%283.5e_Race%29) bard and a Dread Vampire Sorcerer(using a PF backport)

So guys, what should my other book be, given those limitations, and what should my other two feats be?

PS: I am currently unsure as to whether or not the MiC is going to be a general book or not.

Coventry
2014-07-23, 10:37 PM
I would be tempted to take Complete Arcane, and dip 1-2 levels of warlock.

Baleful Utterance is your "attack voice", Beguiling Influence's +6 for bluff/diplomacy/intimidate is perfect for a skill monkey acting as the party "face", and a (admittedly pathetic) at-will ranged attack for those days when you want to blast a spider on the wall.

torrasque666
2014-07-23, 10:48 PM
Aye, but doesn't Warlock run off of Cha? He's still kinda lacking in Cha. He's got Int>Wis>Cha>Str>Dex>Con right now.

Vhaidara
2014-07-23, 10:54 PM
Really, you're dipping Warlock for the +6 to Diplo/Bluff/Intimidate Invocation, which doesn't depend on your Cha at all.

Warlock is one of eh only NAD classes, as in it can work with straight 3s for stats. If it needed 5 3s and a 10, the 10 would go to Dex, just for targeting, but you don't want the Eldritch Blast anyways.

torrasque666
2014-07-23, 11:28 PM
Ok, so complete Arcane for the Warlock. How about those two feats, assuming I do take that two level dip into warlock making it Factotum 7/Juggernaut 5/Warlock 2/Factotum X?

Vhaidara
2014-07-23, 11:32 PM
No, you definitely want Factotum 8 ASAP. Action Economy breakage = Win.

EDIT: Oh, and feats should go to Font of Inspiration.

torrasque666
2014-07-24, 09:10 AM
I don't know if we're allowing online supplementals, and Font of Inspiration isn't anywhere in Dungeonscape. Unless you can point me to an exact page.

Soo..... any page source forthcoming?

Darrin
2014-07-24, 09:15 AM
So guys, what should my other book be, given those limitations, and what should my other two feats be?

Hmm. TWF + Oversize TWF = dual armblades. But melee isn't really supposed to be this guy's focus.

Investigate (ECS) could be interesting, if you want a little "Sherlock" flavor, but it requires some effort on the DM to make it work. Wanderer's Diplomacy (PHBII) fits the concept, although I'm not sure how often it would prove itself to be all that useful. Knowledge Devotion might help bridge the two concepts: "Well, obviously this is a heavy combat model because he knows so much about our enemies!"

torrasque666
2014-07-24, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately I can't take Knowledge Devotion. Well.... it depends on the GM. We've been given a single item from any other book, dragon, or homebrew(some guys had homebrew already approved and it didn't seem fair to nuke their concepts.) So I went with Dragon Cohort for a Very Young Blue Dragon. The dragon would be treated as an old friend who assisted the Warforged in his research. If he doesn't allow it I'll swap it for Knowledge Devotion as well as swapping Ecclesiarch for something else. I had taken Ecclesiarch because..... why not?

I'm also considering swapping the Factotum for Archivist instead(meaning I'll have to swap Dungeonscape for Heroes of Horror)

torrasque666
2014-07-24, 10:12 PM
So I dropped Factotum for Archivist, using Divine Power to qualify for Juggernaut after level 8. Assuming my DM lets me take the Bastards and Bloodlines Lost Tradition feat, he's gonna have an Int of 24(with headband), Wis of 14, Cha of 16, 13 Str and Dex/Con of 10 each.

He's gonna be fun to play.