PDA

View Full Version : Feral roleplay?

m149307
2014-07-24, 03:18 AM
I am wondering how would I roleplay a character that took the feral template. Any examples would be awesome.

Know(Nothing)
2014-07-24, 03:35 AM
A general disdain for rules, law, formality, grooming, manners, inaction, mercy, and so forth.

Be short with people. Be openly hostile to people you consider weak or useless or even just not as vicious as you. Only acquiesce to people who would stand a chance of killing you if you defied them, and even then, do so begrudgingly. Steal brazenly from markets and dare people to stop you, if in fact you can be bothered to go to the market. Defy orders that you weren't already going to operate by, and even if you were, make it seem like you were not.

Be bestial when you eat. Be savage when you fight. Be pitiless when you kill. You likely care about little else.

m149307
2014-07-24, 03:42 AM
I would know how to talk right... or would it be kind of hard for me since it has been years since being in the presence of a breathing being? Also, would I walk on two legs... or do the Sméagol thing of walking on both two legs, and legs/arms interchangeably?

Know(Nothing)
2014-07-24, 04:08 AM
The template entry says you speak the languages you normally would, but yeah, no reason you can add some flavor by doing so in an inarticulate or strained way. Your movement is up to you too. Depending on what class you are and what equipment you plan on using, it might look a little strange to move that way in full armor or something, but yeah.

Remember to play your mental stats though. Just because you're feral doesn't necessarily mean you're unintelligent, unwise, or uncharismatic. You might take a hit to Int, but if it's still around 10, it's pretty average. And your Wis actually increases, so you might be silent or speak with lots of grunts and snorts and so on, but you could still chime in with the occasional sage observation. Or perhaps you're the only one with the clarity of purpose not to be distracted by social trappings and the like.