PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder can ya explain to me/ help biuld a gunslinger?

Theafroscotsman
2014-07-24, 09:41 AM
Well, first off, I've heard the musket master is a good archetype, so I would like to use that. other than that the title kind of explains everything.
also, not entirely sure how to use grit, so an explanation would be great :P thanks!

phil

Chernobyl
2014-07-24, 10:00 AM
Well, first off, I've heard the musket master is a good archetype, so I would like to use that.
Pistolero is also good.

also, not entirely sure how to use grit, so an explanation would be great
Grit works kind of like Ki points for Ninjas. It's basically a pool of points that enable class-specific abilities called "deeds." Some deeds cost grit points; an example is Pistol Whip, which lets you spend a point from your grit pool to make a melee attack with the butt of your firearm. Other deeds are free so long as you have at least one point left in your grit pool; an example is Quick Clear, which lets you clear a misfire so long as you have a point of grit remaining.

Your grit pool cannot go higher than your Wisdom modifier (unless you have the Extra Grit feat), and cannot go below zero. At the start of each day, you gain grit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. Throughout the day, you gain grit points when you perform certain heroic acts, such as confirming a critical hit with a firearm.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Chernobyl

9mm
2014-07-24, 10:05 AM
Musket master is good because "free" reloads at level 3 mean you can full attack ranged great axes.

basic points:
Gunsmithing means you craft your ammo at 1/3 normal price so paper cartridges are 4gp. use them.

You are an archer with a weird bow. rapid shot, cluster shots, and deadly aim are your bread and butter.

Grit: this is your class point pool and is used to preform deeds. Some deeds cost a point of grit, some just recquire your grit for the day to not be at 0. certian actions like criting, or killing an enemy gives you back spent grit.

Gunslinger Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?213035-PF-The-Gunslinger-s-Handbook)

Theafroscotsman
2014-07-25, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the info. I know that in pathfinder, usually going straight down a single class path is the best option, so I'm wondering if I should know of any beneficial options for the gunslinger/musketmaster. Because I'll be starting at level 12 heh