PDA

View Full Version : Ogre pc build

Shadowscale
2014-07-24, 02:06 PM
Now I know that the full bloodied monster manual I ogre has it'd problems due to level adjustment and racial hit die, but I always wanted to play one without using half-ogre or any other substitution.

Barring tomb of battle base classes, what would be the best way to pull one off? I'm thinking maybe a couple levels of fighter for dungeon crasher and intimidation focus, and then barbarian levels. Having trouble thinking of any good prestige classes or racial, or just plain useful feats to compliment though.

Also could use try to find a way to increase size category to huge, but I'm not sure if enlarge person works on the giant subtype unless their is one that works on giants?

Any help at all would be helpful, most if not all the level adjustment can be bought off I'm pretty sure. Already have read Ur Priest's guide on monsters.

OldTrees1
2014-07-24, 02:28 PM
Well start with the free gifts:
Dragonborn removes almost nothing from Ogre and gives you Ex Flight for +0LA.

Barbarian 2 (Whirling Frenzy, Spirit Lion, Wolf Totem) gives you a bunch of goodies (extra attack, pounce, Improved Trip without 13Int)

Psychic Warrior 3 + Practiced Manifester feat lets you use an augmented Expansion to increase your size by 2 categories.

Fighter 2 (Dungeoncrasher) + Power Attack + Improved Bullrush + Knockback gives you a nice on hit effect.

Together that is ECL 13 (ECL 11 with LA buy off)

WarHulk and War Mind are 2 prestige classes that let you attack multiple squares rather than single opponents.

So I would go: Ogre Barbarian 2 / Fighter 2 / Psychic Warrior 2 / War Mind 5 [ECL 17] with Practiced Manifester applied to War Mind

ComaVision
2014-07-24, 02:37 PM
Don't forget to constantly remind your opponents that "THIS ISN'T OGRE YET!"